Celebration - Favourite Memories

Now that the tour is over, what are you favourite memories from it?

I think it's absolutely incredible that folk were talking about it beforehand like she was Michael Jackson going into the This Is It tour. It was going to be a disaster, she couldn't perform anymore, it might not even happen. And here we are, a critical and commercial success, one of history's largest concerts to end, a triumph in every respect.

I was lucky enough to attend opening night in London and I've never felt energy like it at a gig. I'll never forget it.

Attending my first ever opening night of a tour in London - being there as the crowd went wild when M opened with NRM, catching up with so many fans from all over the world, chatting to Guy and everything M did on stage - I was so close every night and it was such a relief seeing her so well and happy 

My favorite memories were being barricade in the Pit for two of her Madison Square Garden shows in New York City! It had always been my dream to be barricade for Madonna like you see all the screaming fans do in her tour films. I was so thrilled to finally achieve it :dance: So close to the queen while doing what she does best!

My favorite memorie is the day i finally got to see her live in person in Amsterdam dec 2nd. 

I looked up to her my entire life. When i was a little boy i allready knew i was into men. And watching Madonna, seeing her support gay men made me feel less lonely in a time when i was still in the closet. She gave me the feeling it was o.k to be gay. I also used to dance to La isla bonita and Causing a Commotion in my sisters room when i was a kid, wearing her tops lol pretending to be Madonna. 

I watched all of her videos and bought all of her albums and watched her tours over and over growing up. She was and still is so iconic!.. But for some reason i never got the chance to see her live in person. And then.... The Celebration Tour anoucement came. Me and my boyfriend and 2 co-workers of me imediatly decided we HAD to go. 

I will never forget the day the ticket sale started. The 4 of us all had to work all day so the husband of one of the co-workers had to get tickets for us because he was that day off. I was so nervous that day. Then the moment came, tickets went online and..... his ticketmaster account failed, he couldn't get in.  I was close to cry and pissed off at the same time lol... the 3 of us where on a lunch break when this happened. My boyfriend was at his own job so he didn't get involved in this tickets drama lol... Then when our break was over he texted us he was in, but the show had almost no seats left anymore, not with 4 spots next to each other so we decided to not do it. It was all 4 together or not ( i was thinking, dammit, should i go with my boyfriend without them lol) but im not that kind of person so with pain in my heart i tried to let it go. 

A few minutes later i went online secretly, because we are not allowed to be on our phones while working, to see if it was 100% sold out allready, just curious. And that exact same moment the 2nd Amsterdam date was anounced and went online, i though fuck it, i clicked and got in... I WAS IN! i said to my co-worker IM IN! but its a day later, and we all decided to go for it so i ordered 4 tickets, floor tickets, ( we said we take seats because one of the co workers has a hard time to stand in one place that long ). I was afraid to go back to see if there still where seats availeble so we decided to take the floor tickets.  Once i got to the payment section i needed a device from my bank to make the payment and i was not carrying that with me and i was like nooooooo! Without that i couldn't finish the payment. But then another co worker said: i got it with me in my bag, ... i said get it please, hurry lol... She gave me the device and i could finish the payment.  Tickets for Amsterdam dec 2nd where in the pocket!!! We literally screamed and jumped lol... 

The day of the concert was perfect. It was a 2 hour drive to Amsterdam and the fun started once we got in the car with the 4 of us. I made The Celebration Tour playlist and we sang all the way to Amsterdam. We had so much fun. We got there on time and we got such great spots, in front of the Bedtime Stories cube. It couldn't be more perfect. She was on fire that night. And we all enjoyed it so much. Especially to me it was something i dreamed of my entire life. It was one of the best days of my life and i will never forget it.  

So the entire experience from the anoucement to the concert itself is my favorite memorie, all of it... 

My favorite memory? 

I guess it was my best Madonna show ever! I sang from beginning to end, including the Beast within, the no fear,. I NEVER ever sung so much at a concert. I really enjoyed myself and Madonna. To me it was perfect. There have been some years I kinda grown apart from Madonna, like not identifying myself with her anymore... And I actually made peace with her. I don't like to say the 4 letters word, but I'm really thankful for her, really really thankful.  watching Rio today, was great too. This Little light of mine was a really sweet surprise, cause I really really really like that song. 

Nothing Really Matters is one of my all time favorite performances. Like a prayer, Beast Within, Rain, Sodade first Lisbon night (my night), MJ. Right now I feel lost, don't know what to believe in, but I like the gospel of Madonna Ciccone. 

Thank you guys for sharing Rio de Janeiro, caralho! 😁

I miss the status, cause I wanted to writte one just to say thank you. 

Hung Up, hands down. I was having doubts about what my ALL-TIME favourite song of hers was then I got to experience the live performance so close to her when I stood barely 5 feet away from tze Manhattan stage during BOTH shows in cologne. IF I wanted, I could've spat in her face. It was an otherworldy experience. I remember to the very minute when Hung Up made a fan of hers back on Nov 5th 2005 when she performed it in a german TV show. It felt like she performed it for me in Cologne after all these years. Like a journey we experienced together and like this was her gift for me. I was really starting to view the bangers like Express Yourself or Vogue as my faves but nothing will ever beat Hung Up for me after that.

MOST of the aspects of this show are amazing. When the bass kicks in for NRM when Bob (finally) leaves the stage, OYH is a highlight of the opening segment. When you look in the eyes of the gays in the front row after the break in LTT, 'If I ran away, I'd never have the strength….' just hit us so deep to the core because it was such a horrifying part of gay history. La Isla… OMG! There's so many.

The way I bought the tickets, coordinated with my friends on an Zoom call, I was at a my new job at that time, and I remember one person ringing the bell of the door constantly, and I was there with no lights, and only my computer, only focused on bullying the best tickets, and not answering! It was funny, dangerous and exciting haha! And everyone happy when we bought them! 

I think the effect of thinking that maybe is her last big tour, coming from Madame X / Eurovision / Medellin when things were not looking well and she was on a weird mood, made me think that. And as a fan I thought: ok this is the last time, because I'm also aproaching to my 40's and I thought I would not want to be waiting for hours to have a good place on the floor, and being pushed... But OMG, she was amazing, it was in Barcelona so it was only a few months after the healthscare and she was still a little insecure and stiff, but she gave a great show and I though: f*ck off, if she can do it, I can do it. And that's her effect, making you think that u can do everything if u want and empowered. 

For me Nothing really matters was always one of my favourite videos / songs, and opening the show with this, and the way that Bob says: I'ts a celebration bitches and the music starts... I think is her most iconic intro EVER! And the level was very high with the previous tour!