Melbourne, Australia [Sat 12 / Sun 13 Mar 2016]

groovyguy

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@groovyguy what is "The Virgin Tour" diary? Sooooo excited at the moment!!!

Madonna always keeps a personal journal where she writes about things that inspire her and plans she has for her music, tour and film projects. The Virgin Tour diary refers to her record of her inspirations and plans for all things related to the Virgin Tour. The pictures I posted are some of her performance ideas for the TVT set list.

Rebel Heart tour: Madonna lands Down Under for her first Australian visit in 23 years

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/rebel-heart-tour-madonna-lands-down-under-for-her-first-australian-visit-in-23-years/news-story/06ef77fc5b38f7ec3896ae302c81ac12

MADONNA has landed in Australia for the first time in 23 years.

The superstar flew into Melbourne on Monday night in a private jet after playing her first ever shows in New Zealand on Saturday and Sunday.

The arrival will thrill fans who thought they’d never see her down under again after cancelling three tours in a row.

While both Auckland shows were hailed by the press, some fans vented their anger online at Madonna hitting the stage at 10.30pm, up to 90 minutes late.

The singer has a reputation for operating on Madonnatime, risking costly curfews from venues.

Madonna’s Melbourne venue, Rod Laver Arena, has a curfew that sees any show that does not finish before 11pm potentially hit with a hefty fine.

Another serially tardy performer, Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses, received fines at the venue when his late arrival saw the concert run until after midnight, keeping staff working after hours and punters potentially missing public transport or losing babysitters.

Madonna’s long-term manager Guy Oseary arrived in Melbourne ahead of his superstar client.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCo0i3JMUng/?taken-by=guyoseary

guyosearyArrived in #melbourne#australia ... #rebelhearttour ... What should I do in Melbourne this week?..

Posted Image

Oseary, who also manages U2, posted a photo on Instagram from a recognisable inner city hotel on Monday.

Fans bombarded Oseary’s feed with tourist and restaurant tips as well as requests to get Kylie Minogue on stage during Madonna’s extended Melbourne visit.

Minogue is thought to still be in Australia seeing family after a corporate show in Sydney last Thursday.

Madonna chooses either local celebrities or fans to spank or kiss on stage during her song Unapologetic Bitch. Her friend Molly Meldrum is also another on the spank wishlist.

Madonna fans are hoping the singer will again choose Australia to film one of herRebel Heart shows for DVD release.

Madonna filmed her Sydney Girlie Show tour in 1993.

Australia is the final leg of the Rebel Heart world tour, and diehard fans report no show has been filmed as yet.

Sources suggest the final two shows, in Sydney on March 19 and 20, could be a filming possibility.

On Monday Madonna posted a video of her daughter Mercy in New Zealand, calling the country “a beautiful magical place.â€

The singer added her iconic hit Like a Prayer to the setlist for the second Auckland show.

Madonna will perform her first Tears of a Clown show in Melbourne on Thursday.

The event, which promises to showcase Madonna’s comedy skills as well as her music, will take place at the intimate Forum Theatre.

Free tickets to the show were distributed through her fan club, with some tickets available to customers of tour sponsor Telstra.

Fans believe Madonna has headed to Melbourne early to rehearse the Tears of a Clown one-off performance.

During her last visit to Australia when it looked like bad weather might see an outdoor show being postponed the perfectionist refused to plan a night off and instead demanded a hall be found for her dancers to rehearse in if the show didn’t happen.

Madonna said in a statement last week “I wanted to do something special for Australia because you have been so patient and waited so long — the Tears of a Clown show will make its debut on March 10th. Performance art, comedy, story telling and music of course! Especially for you my Rebel Heart fans down under!â€

After her two Melbourne Rod Laver Arena shows this Saturday and Sunday, Madonna then plays Brisbane Entertainment Centre on March 16 and 17 before the Rebel Heart tour ends in Sydney with performances at Allphones Arena on March 19 and 20.

Rod Laver Arena has added the running times:

Box Office (Red Booth): 6:00pm
Outer Doors & Inner Doors: 7:15pm
Support Act: 8:00pm*
Madonna: 9:15pm*
Event Concludes (approx.): 11:00pm*
*Please note times are to be used as a guide only and subject to change 

If you're a fan you'd know that she always comes on late (even if it's rude). I told hubby that he shouldn't expect her to come in at 8.00 but 10.00. The first night when Wanna Be Starting Something finally came on it erupted, it was fantastc, I nearly had a heart attack lool!

When MJ's song starts to play is literally HEAVEN  :Madonna023:

i told the friend that went with me that I was gonna lose it when that song started playing. they're not a fan.

oh boy, but when "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" started... I WASN'T READY

It was funny because we sat there and waited and after each song I was hoping to hear Wanna Be Startin' Something, and then another song came on, and another. I was sitting there thinking when is it coming??!!! I can't even describe the feeling when it actually came on - I just flew out of my seat and started to dance, and lot of other people did as well. After that it was heaven for over 2 hours :heart: :heart:

My hubby actually told a woman who was sitting next to me on the second night that "my wife will go crazy, just warning you". Lmaooo. She was also a huge fan and had no problem with that. She was great! :) Then on the other side of my hubby sat two totally bored looking people, unbelievable! I wonder why the heck they even went!

Oh shit!! Guy and Kylie!

Posted Image

people on say hey are saying it was just a business meeting and he might be her new manager as she doesn't have a record deal as of right now. 

"Guy is looking for new signings, and is of course a part of a much larger partnership. They're incredibly influential and a much, much better fit for Kylie than Roc Nation.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ger-guy-833131"

off topic but i would love kylie to be with maverick but i hope she appears on stage with m at the weekend or tomorrow night

people on say hey are saying it was just a business meeting and he might be her new manager as she doesn't have a record deal as of right now.

"Guy is looking for new signings, and is of course a part of a much larger partnership. They're incredibly influential and a much, much better fit for Kylie than Roc Nation.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ger-guy-833131"

off topic but i would love kylie to be with maverick but i hope she appears on stage with m at the weekend or tomorrow night

Roc Nation did Kylie so god damn wrong. I don't even know what exposure she got in the US for Kiss Me

Once.

Will Madonna leave her sad clown behind for six concert tour of Australia

WHICH Madonna will greet Melbourne fans at her Rod Laver Arena show tonight?

Will it be the ultimate professional pop superstar whose work ethic and on-point choreography has seen her become the planet’s most successful female live performer?

Or will we see a hint of the “sad clown†that Madonna displayed to fans at her Forum show late on Thursday night, her first Australian show in 23 years?

Clearly emotional, she made no secret of the toll a bitter custody battle over son Rocco has taken on her.

Madonna even sipped two cocktails on stage, telling fans it was the first time she’s ever drank on stage in her career.

She told fans “there’s no end to the mistakes I’ve made†and “I never want to be the cause of pain in anyone’s life againâ€.

Since arriving in Melbourne last Monday, Madonna has thrown herself into rehearsals. That’s nothing new.

On her last trip to Australia in 1993 when an outdoor show looked like being cancelled due to bad weather rather than take a night off she hunted for a location where her dancers could do extra rehearsals.

She’d hired Hisense Arena for intense rehearsals on Tuesday before spending four hours running through her Tears of a Clown show at the Forum, starting at 10pm Wednesday.

Madonna is a perfectionist, but the Tears of a Clown show was unlike anything she’s done before and nothing like the state-of-the-art pop supershow she’ll bring to Rod Laver Arena tonight and tomorrow.

Read Full Article @ http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/will-madonna-leave-her-sad-clown-behind-for-six-concert-tour-of-australia/news-story/9c7ae4fb766b2defe08bfcd868118d9c?sv=3e9315951d8e4a9feada6ff6ce3b9210

Archived