Madonna x Charli XCX?

luckypierre78

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

So....this conversation seems very familiar 🤔 out of touch perhaps? 

Either way, cannot stand charlie. It amazes me how BIM was slammed so much and still gets slammed but is pretty much the first mainstream hyperpop song. She should've released that as the first single!

That was also a SOPHIE song, no?  Although a bunch of people worked on it so maybe a little more on the mainstream side of hyperpop.  But very true regardless.

Just now, luckypierre78 said:

That was also a SOPHIE song, no?  Although a bunch of people worked on it so maybe a little more on the mainstream side of hyperpop.  But very true regardless.

I mean it was Diplo then he brought in SOPHIE who i consider to be the first hyperpop artist, correct me if I'm wrong. Charli was always just pop and this new album i really do not understand the hysteria or uniqueness everyone sees. One of the songs even sounds like a david guetta song. Whats interesting is say for example if Madonna chose to do a hyperpop song or album this moment people would say she's just hopping on the trend when in reality she really brought it to the mainstream 10 years ago. I would even say BloodDiamonds (now BloodPOP) is also hyperpop to an extent. Anyway, glad this is just a rumor. 

Just now, Redha DBL said:

Her music sounds like what idiotic white american 16 girls would jam to in a party in a bad after-noon tv movie from 2013. Glad it's not famous her in France...

But she's british! But i guess its hard to party at 16 when all you're eating are beans on toast.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I mean it was Diplo then he brought in SOPHIE who i consider to be the first hyperpop artist, correct me if I'm wrong. Charli was always just pop and this new album i really do not understand the hysteria or uniqueness everyone sees. One of the songs even sounds like a david guetta song. Whats interesting is say for example if Madonna chose to do a hyperpop song or album this moment people would say she's just hopping on the trend when in reality she really brought it to the mainstream 10 years ago. I would even say BloodDiamonds (now BloodPOP) is also hyperpop to an extent. Anyway, glad this is just a rumor. 

Charli never wanted to be pop but was forced to deliver music that pleased her record label and what they thought would sell.  She actually has said in interviews she hates most of the music on the Crash album (despite it actually being pretty decent pop in my opinion) and has always wanted to be more experimental.  The Pop 2 album/mixtape was mostly hyperpop, then during the pandemic she put out How I'm Feeling Now which is pure hyperpop and had pretty much universal acclaim with critics.  I'm not sure if she switched labels or whatever, but that's my understanding of the situation.

Just now, Alpha said:

But she's british! But i guess its hard to party at 16 when all you're eating are beans on toast.

Well, that's what her music sounds like anyway. Bad electro pop from 2013. Those heavy basslines with her girlie screaming voice... Yawnn... Reminds me of the era of "Fancy" from Iggy Azalea, but at least that song was good and most of all it was 2014...

5 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Charli never wanted to be pop but was forced to deliver music that pleased her record label and what they thought would sell.  She actually has said in interviews she hates most of the music on the Crash album (despite it actually being pretty decent pop in my opinion) and has always wanted to be more experimental.  The Pop 2 album/mixtape was mostly hyperpop, then during the pandemic she put out How I'm Doing Now which is also along those lines and had pretty much universal acclaim with critics.  I'm not sure if she switched labels or whatever, but that's my understanding of the situation.

I've never listened to her music until the last couple of days.  I'm really digging her vibes.  I wouldn't mind if Madonna is actually included somehow on "Club Classics".  I'll be curious though?  I wonder if that it will just merely a sample/interpolation of one of Madonna's dance classics into the song?

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

I've never listened to her music until the last couple of days.  I'm really digging her vibes.  I wouldn't mind if Madonna is actually included somehow on "Club Classics".  I'll be curious though?  I wonder if that it will just merely a sample/interpolation of one of Madonna's dance classics into the song?

Judging by the other released remixes (the Billie Eilish one, Troye Sivan one, Robyn one, Lorde one) it will sound pretty much like the original song or maybe slightly different production with Madonna doing her own verse.  Spoken word probably like the original.  The fact is that I can IMAGINE it, and "I wanna dance to me when I go to the club" just fits madonna so perfectly.  Most of her songs ARE club classics so I can't think of any better featured artist.

3 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I’d love a Charli collab, but ‘Club Classics’ would probably be my last choice. I’d rather she appeared on an ‘Apple Remix’ 🍏💚

Club classics is a grower. I’d be here for a Madonna feature on that one, it’s one of my faves

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So what current music is on your playlist?

That is not the question uhhhh, i say her music sounds dated Period. It doesn't lead to another question about how many times i piss in a day or if prefer spaghettis or couscous. Her music sounds dated, that's all. Pepsi's Pepsi.

6 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Well, that's what her music sounds like anyway. Bad electro pop from 2013. Those heavy basslines with her girlie screaming voice... Yawnn... Reminds me of the era of "Fancy" from Iggy Azalea, but at least that song was good and most of all it was 2014...

I mean those ARE her origins lol she is pretty boring and I think some of her earlier songs like BoomClap were cute but sound like Gwen Stefani rejects. She's alot like Lady Gaga in that sense where her music is basic but a small portion of gays think they're better than what they are and find others who agree and all of a sudden they think just because they're at meme status that that must mean everyone thinks they're great.

2 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

That is not the question uhhhh, i say her music sounds dated Period. It doesn't lead to another question about how many times i piss in a day or if prefer spaghettis or couscous. Her music sounds dated, that's all. Pepsi's Pepsi.

I just wanted to know what you’re into so I can understand how you could possibly dislike Brat or consider it dated.

I know you like Kylie. Was Padam Padam current sounding?

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She’s been doing hyperpop for years though

Boomclap break the rules and boys are so basic pop but maybe they stood out to whatever anyone else was putting out but really can't get anymore beans on toast than that. Cute tho.

2 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Judging by the other released remixes (the Billie Eilish one, Troye Sivan one, Robyn one, Lorde one) it will sound pretty much like the original song or maybe slightly different production with Madonna doing her own verse.  Spoken word probably like the original.  The fact is that I can IMAGINE it, and "I wanna dance to me when I go to the club" just fits madonna so perfectly.  Most of her songs ARE club classics so I can't think of any better featured artist.

But there is no evidence of her doing her own verse, right (even though I would love for it to be true)?   Thank you for the info though.  :hug:When listening to the original song, I can actually imagine them interpolation one of M's classics in the song.