Madonna x Charli XCX?

luckypierre78

Like many people, I was a very, very casual Charli xcx listener until Brat. I love the album and it’s one of the few new albums I can listen to in its entirety ; on the surface it’s a lot of bangers but her lyrics are pretty interesting, revealing and funny. She’s been in this business for a while, straddling songwriting, producing and attempts to go more commercial pop vixen before Brat. It seems listeners have caught up with her as well as this successful IDGAF era. If anything, I’m buying what she’s selling as far as this album being confessional in many ways. I would love to hear a collab w Madonna.

23 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

Like many people, I was a very, very casual Charli xcx listener until Brat. I love the album and it’s one of the few new albums I can listen to in its entirety ; on the surface it’s a lot of bangers but her lyrics are pretty interesting, revealing and funny. She’s been in this business for a while, straddling songwriting, producing and attempts to go more commercial pop vixen before Brat. It seems listeners have caught up with her as well as this successful IDGAF era. If anything, I’m buying what she’s selling as far as this album being confessional in many ways. I would love to hear a collab w Madonna.

Bumpin' that

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

Neither am I, but I pay attention to whats happening in the world :thumbsup:

Yeah well, I agree about this. I actually know what a brat summer means, connected to Kamala and the the brat/demure thing, and now I also maybe remember it was this Charli CXC to have started the trend or someone using her brat green connected to Harris (wasn'it?), but I really don't go out that much.

I've just looked what all this brat summer thing was about. I already found the words "brat summer" sounding stupid, and what i've found confrmed that. As i said this brat thing is for some totally idiotic 15yo white girls who think they are rebels by wearing green tank top and smoking cigarets while dancing on idiotic music... All this movement is plain stupid... Totally a fake rebel idiotic white teenage thing. If the music was good at least, but it's as ridiculous as the 'brat' movement... 

I'd rather M doesn't record anything new than jumping on that stupid bandwagon...

"We're having a brat summer yeahhhh"Melissa Joan Hart Whatever GIF

Dance Dancing GIF by Rosanna Pansino

200.gif?cid=2b5f782dzliou16l00pim9er8fv0

I saw Charlie at Club Motherfucker in 2009, this was a dirty basement not far from my house with lots of bands and djs curated from MySpace. She sang with a ipod mini plugged to a tiny speaker. I loved her song Francheesckaar!! and something about a T-Rex. I knew of her because of some music blog I followed. She was the first act and we might be about 40 people in there.

After that I saw her months later opening for Peaches at Southbank Electro Festival, I think we were about 10 people paying attention to her in a huge filling up auditorium.

I thought she was cute and generic electro punk chick sound at the time. And then she went huge.

Charli XCX @ Club Motherfucker DEAD March 14 09

57 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I saw Charlie at Club Motherfucker in 2009, this was a dirty basement not far from my house with lots of bands and djs curated from MySpace. She sang with a ipod mini plugged to a tiny speaker. I loved her song Francheesckaar!! and something about a T-Rex. I knew of her because of some music blog I followed. She was the first act and we might be about 40 people in there.

After that I saw her months later opening for Peaches at Southbank Electro Festival, I think we were about 10 people paying attention to her in a huge filling up auditorium.

I thought she was cute and generic electro punk chick sound at the time. And then she went huge.

I’ve never been a huge fan. Just some songs now and again. I saw her on tv perform at Sydney World Pride before Kylie and she lip synced the entire thing. Kylie put her to shame.

But when Brat came out i gave it a listen a loved it. its a truly brilliant album.

41 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I love how angry a popular female singer bringing something unique to the table and getting buzz amongst the gays makes Madonna fans :04:

You couldn't be more far from what i think...  You make it sounds like i could be afraid cause she's too good or maybe jealous that a new female could bring something "unique" (to quote you) like Madonna did when in reality i really feel she's the epitome of silly music for 15 yo white girls who think they're rebels cause they drink a beer and give the middle finger. If you could feel how much i find that girl's music and universe dull and idiotic i think you would have a heart attack. How is it possible that someone over 17 yo falls for that prepubescent idiocy... Same level as Rebecca Black "Friday" but at least Rebecca Black didn't take herself seriously...

54 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

You couldn't be more far from what i think...  You make it sounds like i could be afraid cause she's too good or maybe jealous that a new female could bring something "unique" (to quote you) like Madonna did when in reality i really feel she's the epitome of silly music for 15 yo white girls who think they're rebels cause they drink a beer and give the middle finger. If you could feel how much i find that girl's music and universe dull and idiotic i think you would have a heart attack.

What about 35 plus gay men who think they’re rebels cos they do coke and ketamine?