Your Least Favorite Madonna Album

Voguerista

1 hour ago, Inco said:

MDNA 

MDNA was a good example for me where I didn't REALLY like the songs but kinda fell for them after seeing the tour version live. Same with Erotica. Girlie Show ignited a love for Fever within me, MDNA, Addicted. I was also in a Madonna slumber after the high from Gaga's Born This Way album the previous year. 

12 minutes ago, Andymad said:

MDNA was a good example for me where I didn't REALLY like the songs but kinda fell for them after seeing the tour version live. Same with Erotica. Girlie Show ignited a love for Fever within me, MDNA, Addicted. I was also in a Madonna slumber after the high from Gaga's Born This Way album the previous year. 

I didn't have an issue with MDNA, but I do remember being disappointed with Erotica (the album) when it was first released. Remember sitting in my living room, thinking "WTF?"   LOL!  It took me a while to really appreciate that album.  Though, I still really have no interest for "Waiting" and "Did You Do It?"  I also didn't like "Secret Garden" at first.  I did like the lyrics, but the music I just didn't like. Though over time, I started to appreciate it much more. 

51 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Yeah the tour the salvation of that era, just before this thread, the guys of all I wanna do is talk about Madonna are reviewing the album, I generally listen to the album and the particular songs they are talking about and I just can’t connect with MDNA, but the tour did salvage the era. 

12 hours ago, Andymad said:

Me too I was hyped for Mdna expecting something huge like Born This Way which saved my life.....but it felt ....very cash in on the EDM party album but as a post divorce breakup rage album too which was ....like Madonna's version of Femme Fatale but angrier I dare say ....born this way era should've been what Mdna was I feel but alas it is what it is 

We should've had a HUGE album if aesthetics, music, production, storytelling, big singles and visuals and choreo and getting her trending everywhere in a good light ....the tour was massive but the album itself felt a bit off m..I love Mdna a lot but it's not what I'd hoped we would've had 

25 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I am not a fan of album reaction, but I think this one is well focused on the good aspects and the flaws of Madame X:

I follow her channel Beth gives amazing analysis and knowledge of her reactions she gives detailed critiques and showcases what she loves about each album AND updates on albums she's revisited since her initial reaction ....it's very interesting ....a new fave channel she's authentic and has a fun energy too her ADHD is so relatable for me and I love how Madonna albums transport her every time 

She's got like a virgin, true blue,who's that girl I'm Breathless, something to remember, Evita, Mdna and hard candy left to react to 

5 minutes ago, Josh Pinder said:

I follow her channel Beth gives amazing analysis and knowledge of her reactions she gives detailed critiques and showcases what she loves about each album AND updates on albums she's revisited since her initial reaction ....it's very interesting ....a new fave channel she's authentic and has a fun energy too her ADHD is so relatable for me and I love how Madonna albums transport her every time 

She's got like a virgin, true blue,who's that girl I'm Breathless, something to remember, Evita, Mdna and hard candy left to react to 

I LOVE her reaction to Ray Of Light!

4 minutes ago, Madnness said:

I LOVE her reaction to Ray Of Light!

Me too it was so detailed and I too as a pisces 🧜🏻‍♂️ guy I have that watery connection to it that fact that it takes you to this watery universe is gorgeous she gets it so much in fact she gets every Madonna album so far for sure 

4 minutes ago, Madnness said:

The show was amazing, but unfortunately, we had to hear L U V MADONNA Y O U YOU WANNA 

GMAYL was something else ....all of us ready to show off the world MADONNA IS THE GOAT then.....they chant as her first single in 3 years and post Gaga, Rihanna, Katy domination it all felt behind sadly 

I love Mdna it's a camp classic but it'd not up there sadly with the main releases of the 2010s 

Is there an instrumental for this? Like no vocals at all? The parts where the guitar comes in is so good. Took it from car commercial to PussyPopVille.

"Graffiti Heart" felt like her love letter to Born This Way.

I've said this before but I think a lot of her stuff from '08 onwards would have done well in the US if she were releasing it from '98 to '08. Don't get me wrong. I LIVE for the material she put out during the '99 to '08 period. It almost felt like she was a European artist. For example, when Hard Candy was released, I bopped along, but thought "I would have LOVED this around '01 to '03" and American Life would be perfect right now. The last few years, all the collabs did nothing for me. But I would have lost my mind had she worked with Lil' Kim when she was busy being Mrs. Peabody. It's like this weird timeline crossover happened.