Rupert Everett says flop movie with Madonna put 'strain' on their friendship, 'finished' him in Hollywood

adled

I didn't get to live the 1985 success as it happened, so I have no personal feelings attached to it. That's why "Susan", while I enjoy it... it's never been my fave Madonna movie. There's something very meh about it all, and even boring at times. It's just another one of her personas, and then the NY street, smart girl, but since it's the first one every fell in love with, I think it's more accepted? I remember seeing it in 1999 and thinking "gosh, this is OLD". None of my later rewatching made me fall in love with it, really.

"WTG" is great but completely over the top. It's one of those for the hardcore fans, personally I love it.

I will always maintain she did her role in "Body Of Evidence" perfectly: a bitch that you don't know if you trust her or not during all the movie xd The ending "You almost convince me" with the little wink is PERFECTTT and so Madonna coded.

I don't know, I miss her in movies. They gave her and us another dimension to her.

On 10/6/2024 at 10:48 AM, Tudors said:

Well he lost his looks and totally let himself go so yea didn't really wanna look at him post nbt. Does this look like a romantic comedy face img.jpg

c4e01670-5949-11ee-8902-8ae15399642c.jpg

The real reason he csnt book a role no moe

31 minutes ago, PatrickSamuel said:

Yes, I heard that too. Wish we could have the original cut with the original music. Can't remember his name right now, but the film's composer and I had a chat a long time ago for an interview and that's when he told me the music you hear in the film was not what they intended, that apart from the vocals, it was all redone. "I Surrender Dear" is such a bop. 

I think it was meant to be a HBO miniseries with 4 different Damon Runyon stories being developped in 2 episodes but they decided to turn them into a movie instead. 

Madonna's voice on I Surrender Dear is wonderful.