Madonna’s silence on the US election

BLUE JEAN

26 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This speaks volumes, and it's quite dissapointing that she wont let her voice be heard.

This is why I think it’s some kind of PR direction she’s been given. It’s just very out of character. Maybe it has something to do with the biopic?

Her whole online persona has really been cleaned up since the tour quite a lot.

Like she wasn't loud about what she thinks of Trump in past & got incredible shit for it lol Every popular star support Kamala, her voice will change nothing & I don't think that people will care, younger generation don't look up to her. Taylor Swift voice is more important now than her. 

45 minutes ago, BLUE JEAN said:

This is why I think it’s some kind of PR direction she’s been given. It’s just very out of character. Maybe it has something to do with the biopic?

And i like that about her now. We suffered so much during the Mambo era. 2020 was a disaster and I do my best to try and erase that from my mind.

But her using her voice was always part of her brand. She did it during the Celebration Tour. Why stop now?

12 minutes ago, proxy said:

Like she wasn't loud about what she thinks of Trump in past & got incredible shit for it lol Every popular star support Kamala, her voice will change nothing & I don't think that people will care, younger generation don't look up to her. Taylor Swift voice is more important now than her. 

Don't silence us fans. We still exist. :thumbsup:

Was she really 'incredibly vocal' for recent elections? I recall a 'just voted' post in 2020 for Biden and Harris but it's not like she was posting about it all the time. The election isn't for a few weeks yet, still plenty of time for her to do a similar one.

Why would the same woman who made the American Life video endorse any of these genocidal clowns? Maybe she thinks it's a little weird to endorse the same candidate that Dick f*cking Cheney is endorsing?  Trump= bad. Every day. On a loop. For a decade. WE GOT IT. Doesn't make Momala great by default. Sorry.

The only endorsement we need right now is for Stuart Price and good songs. 

Quote your eyebrows. 

Big Ang Hair Flip GIF

7 minutes ago, Debord said:

Was she really 'incredibly vocal' for recent elections? I recall a 'just voted' post in 2020 for Biden and Harris but it's not like she was posting about it all the time. The election isn't for a few weeks yet, still plenty of time for her to do a similar one.

Yes. For 2016 she was extremely vocal. She even offered to give blow jobs to all those who voted for Hillary (probably why Hillary lost to be honest.)

I also recall her hitting a Trump piñata on Instagram or something. All sorts of posts and rants about it.

2020, I don’t remember as I tuned out from news/politics during the pandemic.

8 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Why would the same woman who made the American Life video endorse any of these genocidal clowns? Maybe she thinks it's a little weird to endorse the same candidate that Dick f*cking Cheney is endorsing?  Trump= bad. Every day. On a loop. For a decade. WE GOT IT. Doesn't make Momala great by default. Sorry.

The only endorsement we need right now is for Stuart Price and good songs. 

Quote your eyebrows. 

Big Ang Hair Flip GIF

Well clearly she doesn’t agree since she posted about Kamala but then deleted it.

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

And i like that about her now. We suffered so much during the Mambo era. 2020 was a disaster and I do my best to try and erase that from my mind.

But her using her voice was always part of her brand. She did it during the Celebration Tour. Why stop now?

Damage control 

1 minute ago, BLUE JEAN said:

Yes. For 2016 she was extremely vocal. She even offered to give blow jobs to all those who voted for Hillary (probably why Hillary lost to be honest.)

I also recall her hitting a Trump piñata on Instagram or something. All sorts of posts and rants about it.

2020, I don’t remember as I tuned out from news/politics during the pandemic.

After 2016 she was obviously very bitter about the result and she spoke about "women betraying us" cos of the stat that over half of white women had voted for Trump. I'm sure that fed into her far quieter response to 2020, and I'm sure it's present in her mind with a black woman running against Trump now. With Hillary there was a real sense that all of the celebs around her actively harmed her campaign cos it was easily framed as 'the elite' and I think that's caused a lot of folk to be quieter (and no doubt support in ways we don't hear about, not least donations).

Just now, BLUE JEAN said:

I don’t know. We’re waiting for the receipts from @cosmic_system

Googling 'Madonna Kamala deleted Instagram' turns up absolutely nothing. It seems hard to believe this actually happened cos screencaps would be everywhere. Perhaps they're getting confused cos M posted in support of Kamala in 2020 and all those posts were deleted when they cleared the slate for the Celebration tour.

1 hour ago, BLUE JEAN said:

Yeah this happened after the new warner deal. I think they could have been able to show her by numbers and convince her she needed some pro help to restore her image and carat (I don't know if this works in english as in italian). From that point on she started to show new attention to her shape and image, to what she posted and communicated publicly, she went back to her catalogue and legacy. I have this idea they have a kind of restoration goal.

And the Warner presence makes me particularly optimistic and excited about her next release, I hope her next work with their help and guide won't be affected by the problems that ruined good projects and studio sessions like the RH and MX ones.

8 minutes ago, Susan Thomas said:

Yeah this happened after the new warner deal. I think they could have been able to show her by numbers and convince her she needed some pro help to restore her image and carat (I don't know if this works in english as in italian). From that point on she started to show new attention to her shape and image, to what she posted and communicated publicly, she went back to her catalogue and legacy. I have this idea they have a kind of restoration goal.

And the Warner presence makes me particularly optimistic and excited about her next release, I hope her next work with their help and guide won't be affected by the problems that ruined good projects and studio sessions like the RH and MX ones.

Her PR team is not linked to WMG