VMAs?

Fighter

Yeah, I'm not going to "hold my breath" either. Madonna's been on vacation since the beginning of this month. She's still in Europe. If anything happens, it would just be a matter of her showing up and not performing. The awards are this coming Sunday. If she was going to perform anything, she would have already been doing a lot of behind scenes preparations as well as rehearsals, even if it was something small scale. It's possible she may show up to be honored or present, but her being in Europe on vacation still, I highly doubt it.

Is this a hint that something is happening?

http://www.mtv.com/news/1896276/madonna-vma-outfits/

Again, if people are building themselves up for some sort of big performance from Madonna, they will be greatly disappointed. They might do some sort of tribute kinda like they did of her in 1999 where they had all those drag queens come out dressed like her from various eras. 

Madonna's played a huge part in their history, so of course they won't ignore it. I'm sure they begged Madonna to perform, but she's still on vacation. I only can see her flying back in time just to be honored... a matter of her just showing up.

Any event  that is M related or involves M is a treat, whether it be a tribute or her being honored or whatever. Just saying.

Anyway according to DrownedMadonna, MTV has no plans to honor Madonna’s Like a Virgin performance at the VMAs http://drownedmadonna.com/mtv-has-no-plans-to-honor-madonnas-like-a-virgin-performance/20140818

Actually the music network has no plans to honor the milestone at all. It’s what MTV’s Van Toffler told Billboard.

"The VMAs are about what’s current."  ~ Van Toffler

Any event  that is M related or involves M is a treat, whether it be a tribute or her being honored or whatever. Just saying.

We'll see. I mean; we're talking about MTV here. That network is a joke anymore. If she's not present or involved, you can bet it will be ridiculous. And if they plan to get other known entertainers to perform her songs, the Madonna fan base will tear each one of those performances apart and spit on it. I'm not oppose to it, but for me, if Madonna isn't going to be there or perform, then it will be greatly disappointing.

And currently, nobody watches the VMAs, so maybe they could use a bit of nostalgia to bring in viewers.

Exactly, but they seem to think what they are airing right now is what people want to see. Sorry, and maybe it's just my age, but I have no desire to flip to MTV. Haven't for a long long time. I do tune in to see the VMA's, as I do enjoy the performances by a number of the other artists. Also, it's actually one night they air something music related on the channel.

Madonna's currently in Spain. The only thing I can think is that she hops a plane to show up to be honored or be taped via satellite to say "thank you" or something silly like that.  If she doesn't, I'm sure MTV will not really go all out to do anything special for her.

We go through this every year. The difference is that it's an anniversary, so people are much more hyped up for some bigger deal. As mentioned, I won't "hold my breath" because I rather not set myself up to believe something interesting is actually going to happen, involving her. We know how that's really going to play out.  Did I say Madonna is in Spain??? LOL!

Exactly, but they seem to think what they are airing right now is what people want to see. Sorry, and maybe it's just my age, but I have no desire to flip to MTV. Haven't for a long long time. I do tune in to see the VMA's, as I do enjoy the performances by a number of the other artists. Also, it's actually one night they air something music related on the channel.

Madonna's currently in Spain. The only thing I can think is that she hops a plane to show up to be honored or be taped via satellite to say "thank you" or something silly like that.  If she doesn't, I'm sure MTV will not really go all out to do anything special for her.

We go through this every year. The difference is that it's an anniversary, so people are much more hyped up for some bigger deal. As mentioned, I won't "hold my breath" because I rather not set myself up to believe something interesting is actually going to happen, involving her. We know how that's really going to play out.  Did I say Madonna is in Spain??? LOL!

I don't think it has anything to do with age. I'm 25 and I can't remember the last time I watched MTV, and come to think of it, I don't know any of my friends that do watch MTV. I have no reason to, all they air nowadays is mindless dribble. As far as awards shows, we live in a time when you don't have to sit through an entire awards show to see the performances you are really interested in, because as soon as it's over it's all over the internet. For instance, I didn't watch the Grammy's this year, but before the show was even over I was able to see the Same Love/Open Your Heart performance online.

We do go through this speculation every year, but not only is this year an anniversary, she is also on the brink of releasing new music. So it's no surprise that some folks are hyped up about it.

I don't think it has anything to do with age. I'm 25 and I can't remember the last time I watched MTV, and come to think of it, I don't know any of my friends that do watch MTV. I have no reason to, all they air nowadays is mindless dribble. As far as awards shows, we live in a time when you don't have to sit through an entire awards show to see the performances you are really interested in, because as soon as it's over it's all over the internet. For instance, I didn't watch the Grammy's this year, but before the show was even over I was able to see the Same Love/Open Your Heart performance online.

We do go through this speculation every year, but not only is this year an anniversary, she is also on the brink of releasing new music. So it's no surprise that some folks are hyped up about it.

Actually, it's about "age".  MTV's programming is geared at people under 21 if not in their teens. In a way, they've always been that way. So it doesn't surprise me that they choose programming that they believe appeals to the younger crowd, since that's who they've always targeted. Certainly, I am not saying MTV has ONLY appealed to the under 21 crowd. I do believe when MTV first started, there were many who were older than 21 who did enjoy the original programming. I know I would if they concentrated back on music again. But as you said, with the internet age, MTV has become obsolete when it comes to airing music. Doesn't mean they have to stop, but I guess as far as I remember, they were always trying to come up with their own programing. The unfortunate thing is that they moved away from music for the most part, and that's what put that channel on the map. Maybe one day they will come full circle and get back to the music. Who knows?

And certainly there is heighten anticipation for a 30 year old anniversary. I'm still not going to hold my breath that they are going to bring anything new from Madonna, nor anything that really involves her. Possibly, she'll show up to be honored in some corny way. I rather she not if so. They ditched her long ago. I don't think she really cares much about MTV anymore. Though who knows, when she's 76 and still kicking around, while MTV is celebrating it's 50th anniversary, she just might be desperate enough to do something then. LOL!

Of course, I would love to be ALL WRONG about my thoughts, but as mentioned, we've been down this road before with so many possible events we thought she could part of, etc.

MTV is for young teenagers, people 20 and over will find little on MTV in any of its forms these days for the most part. This is a big generalization but you know what I mean.

It's great if they pay tribute to her no matter how big or small because teens will get to know more about her(even though they ignored her career's 30th annivesary), but I doubt if they do something it will be something small, Madonna most probably won't be involved in it but I really doubt they would respond like that ust for a little speech... who knows maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless I was gonna watch anyway and if there's any Madonna in it, I will be more than pleased. :)

It's Thursday. She's in Europe. Rehearsals have been going on all week. The show is on Sunday. Unless she hops on a plane in the next day or so, to just make an appearance, I highly doubt she'll be there. A performance is not gonna happen. She's a rehearsal freak. She would have been held up somewhere right now if not spotted at VMA rehearsals by now, if she was going to perform.

The only "teasing" going on are fans wild imagination (wishful thinking) and from tweets from nobodies.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/photos/live/467799/mtv-vmas-15-best-performances-ever-poll-results

MTV VMAs' 15 Best Performances of All Time

14. Madonna, "Like a Virgin" (1984)

Already a huge star when she took the stage, Madonna went supernova at the inaugural VMAs and set the bar for every artist in her wake. The imagery from that performance ­- the wedding dress, walking down the cake, writhing on the floor -­ became so iconic that Madonna herself repeated it with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera during her also-memorable 2003 performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXPMLTmpPpY

2. Madonna, “Vogue†(1990)

Talk about a cultural mashup: Madonna and her company of dancers, clad in 18th century Marie Antoinette garb, taught the world how to vogue, a performance style popularized in underground gay dance clubs of the '80s. Cue one incredibly animated pants-less dancer, and VMA magic is made.