What Madonna Song am I Thinking Of? -- MeantToBeIconic's New Game!

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on boys and girls, you've able to find a song that is not even a Madonna song and that she sang just a few seconds while on tour 10 years ago ("Give peace a chance") so you gotta be able to find a track that has been officially released and that Madonna is singing on it ! You even got some of the lyrics !!!!

Come on boys and girls, you've able to find a song that is not even a Madonna song and that she sang just a few seconds while on tour 10 years ago ("Give peace a chance") so you gotta be able to find a track that has been officially released and that Madonna is singing on it ! You even got some of the lyrics !!!!

Is it Ain't No Big Deal?

If so...I would be curious to know where it was used as sample on the Virgin Tour.... :1f614:

Which lyrics then, sorry? I'm just double checking. It is "Don't be afraid, it's gonna be alright"?

It HAS to be Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes (Jellybean Remix), it's the only song I (didn't) know that has the same spoken lyrics..

Maybe it's the right song because it has the same lyrics BUT the sample used on the Virgin Tour is definitely not from Promises, Promises...I'm sorry  :suffer:

Maybe it's the right song because it has the same lyrics BUT the sample used on the Virgin Tour is definitely not from Promises, Promises...I'm sorry :suffer:

I agree. She'd take the lines from one of her own songs rather than an obsure track she did background vocals though i think. The words don't sound as though they are the actual vocals from Stay (well not the album version anyway) so we won't ever know for sure.

Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes or Jellybean w/e?

Yes !!!!!!!! Naked eyes featuring Madonna "Promises promises" recorded in 1982 and Madonna part appears on the Jellybean 7" and 12" mixes. So she doesn't appears on the regular single, but the Jellybean 7" and 12" mixes have been officially released in 2001 in the compilation album Everything and More. She says the lines "Don't be afraid it's gonna be alright" exactly like in "Stay". Here are the lyrics :  

I never had a doubt

In the beginning, never a doubt
I trusted you true
In the beginning, I loved you

Arm in arm, we laughed like kids
At all the silly things we did

You made me, Promises Promises
Knowing I'd believe
Promises Promises
You knew you'd never keep

Second time around
I'm still believing, the words that you said
You said, you'd always be here
A love forever, still repeats in my head

You can't finish what you start
If this is love, it breaks my heart

Promises Promises
Why do I believe

(Madonna)
I'll always love you
Now and forever
Don't be afraid
It's gonna be alright

(Madonna)
I'll be right by your side
Every day, every night
Don't be afraid
This time I know it's right

Arm in arm, we laughed like kids
At all the silly things we did
You can't finish what you start
If this is love, it breaks my heart

Promises Promises
Why do I believe ?

Well let's be honest, if i had said "no she never sang any lines from it never ever" people would have came and screamed "she says those lines in the intro of the VT and bla bla bla lol" and furthermore it was a good hint because basically it was lyrics from the mystery track. Sure it's also from Stay but it's also from Promises Promises, To be exact "Promises promises" is even the original time she sans those lines, cause she recorded it in 1982, and then she re_used the line in the LAV version of Stay. Not only the lyrics are the same but the melody and the way she says the line is identical in Promises promises and stay.

Archived