What Madonna Song am I Thinking Of? -- MeantToBeIconic's New Game!

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is hard!Je t'aime... moi non plus?

Mine are always hard lol ! No this is not "Je t'aime moi non plus"

Last guess (as i can't think of anything else):Born This Way (from EY on MDNAT)?

No not that one !!!!

Is it Get Stupid?

Don't know, but maybe it is not as tough as it looks...

By the way is your song included to the regular setlist of the tour or is it an extra song?

no it's not "Get stupid" ! and no it's not on the regular setlist of a tour and it's not an extra song on a tour neither !

Ok, so not performed on tour at all?I had to search the memory banks...."Same Love" with Macklemore And Ryan Lewis at the Grammys? (I had to look up the song name and the other artists lol as i couldn't remember anything about the performance, just that she was in it 😀)

Is it a song from her catalogue at least? I think it's more a cover...

I think this is the vital question!☺I can't think of any of her own songs now from the 2000s, excluding RH,that are unreleased that she's performed, but not on tour. It Has To Be a cover, surely.

Didn't she do a song with Miley Cyrus at Cyrus' MTV unplugged? I've had to look what this song was called too as i had NO idea: "We Can't Stop"?

Lol, same here! As I recall that was a kind of mash-up including We Can't Stop and Don't Tell Me...Terrible performance by the way, I wish she'd never perform it  :1f614:

Lol, same here! As I recall that was a kind of mash-up including We Can't Stop and Don't Tell Me...Terrible performance by the way, I wish she'd never perform it  :1f614:

Yep! I remember reading that she'd done a duet with Miley Cyrus including Don't Tell Me, but that's as much as i remember. I don't know any Miley Cyrus songs at all and never watched the performance.

Yep! I remember reading that she'd done a duet with Miley Cyrus including Don't Tell Me, but that's as much as i remember. I don't know any Miley Cyrus songs at all and never watched the performance.

Don't know any Myley Cyrus song either but, just out of curiosity, I watched the performed (only once)...You haven't missed too much, I can tell you!

@@TonyMontana: Well, while we're speaking of mashups, it wouldn't be the one she performed with Gorillaz at the Grammy Awards 2006?

Posted Image

Congrats @@Gargamel.Good detective work.I've heard of "Between The Bars", but never seen/heard the original or M singing it either. I'll have to check it out. Is it any good? 

It was initially performed by Elliot Smith 15 years ago (at least!), and Madonna covered it at the premiere of Secret Project in NYC. 

Never really got the reason of this choice but, in the end, it was such a good performance! (In my opinion)

To my knowledge, it has never been professionally filmed so we only got a few amateur recordings here and there...

Here's one to give you an idea:

You're right! What a great performance. I really enjoyed it. It's kind of reminiscent of her cover of IYGA from the scrapped Hello Suckers musical to me, understated, simple, and beautiful. I assumed it was gonna be an EDM or hip hop kind of song for some reason. I'll have to check out the original now. Thanks.

You're right! What a great performance. I really enjoyed it. It's kind of reminiscent of her cover of IYGA from the scrapped Hello Suckers musical to me, understated, simple, and beautiful. I assumed it was gonna be an EDM or hip hop kind of song for some reason. I'll have to check out the original now. Thanks.

You're welcome! The original sounds a bit more acoustic, but not that different in the end! It's also a pretty good version! I love it!

Check it out:

Archived