What Madonna Song am I Thinking Of? -- MeantToBeIconic's New Game!

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@Inco as you mentioned the line "don't be afraid", is it: Promises, Promises (which i'd never heard of until hearing it in this thread lol)....

It HAS to be Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes (Jellybean Remix), it's the only song I (didn't) know that has the same spoken lyrics..

Yes !!!!!!!! Naked eyes featuring Madonna "Promises promises" recorded in 1982 and Madonna part appears on the Jellybean 7" and 12" mixes. So she doesn't appears on the regular single, but the Jellybean 7" and 12" mixes have been officially released in 2001 in the compilation album Everything and More. She says the lines "Don't be afraid it's gonna be alright" exactly like in "Stay". Here are the lyrics : I never had a doubtIn the beginning, never a doubtI trusted you trueIn the beginning, I loved youArm in arm, we laughed like kidsAt all the silly things we didYou made me, Promises PromisesKnowing I'd believePromises PromisesYou knew you'd never keepSecond time aroundI'm still believing, the words that you saidYou said, you'd always be hereA love forever, still repeats in my headYou can't finish what you startIf this is love, it breaks my heartYou made me, Promises PromisesYou knew you'd never keepPromises PromisesWhy do I believe(Madonna)I'll always love youNow and foreverDon't be afraidIt's gonna be alright(Madonna)I'll be right by your sideEvery day, every nightDon't be afraidThis time I know it's rightArm in arm, we laughed like kidsAt all the silly things we didYou can't finish what you startIf this is love, it breaks my heartYou made me, Promises PromisesYou knew you'd never keepPromises PromisesWhy do I believe ?

@@Stevo Yeah, finally! I didn´t notice this song had been chosen before. Madonna´s vocals was only released in 2001 in a compilation called EVERYTHING AND MORE (that why I wrote it before, it was a clue). Jellybean Benites included 2 remixes with the unreleased Madonna vocals. One of my answers was that the song was released as a single, it´s true, it was released in 1983. 

The remixes and other information (in Portuguese):

http://holidayshare.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/promises-promises-naked-eyes-feat.html

Next round :)

Posted Image

Lol it was from weeks ago and we have to expect duplication as we can't be expected to remember every song that's been played. I only remembered that one because it nearly killed me trying to get it last time ha ha. I haven't got a song just yet. I'm thinking........(shall I listen to the devil on my shoulder or the angel....?)

Archived