Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

SHOWTIME having the rights to the release doesn't mean much. If anything, it would make them eager to put the DVD out because, if they still have rights to it, then they will still make money from it. I don't think SHOWTIME is the party keeping the release from happening. Judging by what M said herself on her response to a fan on Instagram, "It's the whole show with bookends." Well, we know the SHOWTIME special was not the full show, nor did it really have bookends. So, based on that logic, there is more work that is being done on it. Like Katy changed things from her Epix special to DVD release. Plus, if she is releasing TOAC then that has to go through the editing process as well. 

SHOWTIME having the rights to the release doesn't mean much. If anything, it would make them eager to put the DVD out because, if they still have rights to it, then they will still make money from it. I don't think SHOWTIME is the party keeping the release from happening. Judging by what M said herself on her response to a fan on Instagram, "It's the whole show with bookends." Well, we know the SHOWTIME special was not the full show, nor did it really have bookends. So, based on that logic, there is more work that is being done on it. Like Katy changed things from her Epix special to DVD release. Plus, if she is releasing TOAC then that has to go through the editing process as well.

if there is a different edit for the DVD I think she has finished work on that some time ago

Guest ArthurBadin

By "bookends" I'm sure Madonna was referring to the "Blood, Sweat and Tears" intro and the "If I Had a Hammer" credits.

By the way, I'm going back after a long period of unability to log in here.

See you!

Guest ArthurBadin

if there is a different edit for the DVD I think she has finished work on that some time ago

@@Bat-Fan This. I remember hearing something like this on that Chinese interview for MDNA Skin. But it can be likely her team is on works to redo the edition after the great criticism the concert film received (especially for the lack of several songs).

"supported" not "organized" by Madonna's team so we can't say it is official

By the way, I can't see why she would announced the released date after that party.

It will end by a "she didn't announced the release date so it will never be release" blablablaaaa

According to MTribe, this party is "The only UK event supported by Madonna's team".

So it's kind of official.

See this Tribe info on http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2016/madonna-fan-party-save-the-date/

Nice analysis

Full Article @ http://www.mad-eyes.net/news/2017/17-02.htm#26a

'When do we get the tour DVD?'

Source: Mad-Eyes - 26 Feb. 2017

Everything you need to know about the recordings for Rebel Heart Tour, Re-Invention Tour and Blond Ambition

It's the number 1 question on many Madonna fans' minds, especially now that we have no other Madonna projects going on. When will we finally get the DVD for the Rebel Heart Tour? And while we're on the subject, how about the DVD's of Re-Invention and Blond Ambition?

While we wait for official news, we wish to clarify a few things about these DVD's. Many fans think it's enough to say they want it and don't understand the technical or business reasons that are sometimes behind the decision of such a release. So let's take a look at why we have DVD releases for 'only' six of her tours so far.

Rebel Heart Tour

Let's start with the most recent one. The Rebel Heart Tour wrapped up in March 2016, but almost a year later we still don't have a DVD. The good news is: we know there IS a recording. Danny B. Tull and Nathan Rissman recorded the shows in Sydney, as well as several other tour stops. The result has been broadcast on American cable channel Showtime on December 9, 2016. Since then, we've had no more news. At the time of the broadcast, we received the news that the broadcast would be shorter than the DVD version, because Showtime only allowed a broadcast of maximum 2 hours. The actual recording is about 2h15 long, so it also includes the request songs and the Love Don't Live Here Anymore performance. The Tears of a Clown performance in Melbourne is said to be part of the DVD extra's.

So why don't we have the DVD yet? Some fans fear it's cancelled because it's been taking to long. That seems very unlikely, because the costs of the recording surely were not made only for the broadcast. Most likely Showtime required the release to be at least a few months after the broadcast. The Sticky & Sweet Tour was broadcast on EPIX in October 2009 and the DVD release followed only on March 30, 2010. So that was almost 6 months after the broadcast. If Showtime also demanded a 6 month buffer, the DVD would follow in May or June of 2017, but that's just speculation at this point.

Other possible reasons might be that Madonna wants something changed, although that seems unlikely so many months later. Possibly she wants to tie the release to another project, or maybe she's just too busy with the adoption of the twins to spend time on the release.

Verdict: this DVD is most likely to see the light of day. A recording was made specifically for this release and there's no reason why this release wouldn't happen. So it's rather a question of WHEN, not IF. Stay tuned!

To a certain extent, if having the dvd means only having LDLHA and Take a bow added, I don't mind at all. I'd love to know the real meaning of LARGER PROJECT: does it only mean that it's not just the Sydney shows but it includes footage from all over the world? Actually we've had this since the WTG Tour... I hope it means that it includes a documentary and also TOAC, which could explain why it takes so long.

The other consideration is that WE ALL have seen the RHT Showtime broadcast, thanks to the generosity of some American fans, but officially it hasn't been broadcast outside US, Canada and Japan. So this means that the rest of the world should be allowed to see it in a LEGAL way and not only through unofficial downloads!!