Madonna: Bedtime Stories (Poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: Bedtime Stories (Poll)  

65 members voted

1. 1. What is your favorite track off of this blue-sy album?

• Survival
    • Secret
    • I'd Rather Be Your Lover
    • Don't Stop
    • Inside Of Me
    • Human Nature
    • Forbidden Love
    • Love Tried To Welcome Me
    • Sanctuary
    • Bedtime Story
    • Take A Bow

Posted Image

Honestly, this is my least favorite Madonna album (although I do love the whole blonde, nose-ring look that she had going on).  My favorite track off of this album, "Love Tried To Welcome Me", doesn't even hit my Madonna Top 100 until #45.  Still, this song is mesmerizing to me and so stunningly sad.  I used to love to fall asleep to it.  Another thing that I loved about this era:  she used a lot of poetry in her lyrics for this album (I love poetry, especially Emily Dickinson), probably why "Sanctuary" would be a close second.

This isn't my favorite album of her's but I loved her look!

If I had pick a favorite track it would be Human Nature. While Take A Bow is beautiful and Bedtime Story is wonderfully trippy, Human Nature is my favorite. It had a great video, the song still sounds fresh today, and the song gave a great message. That you should be able to express yourself, speak your mind, and to not be ashamed to be who you are. :)

Posted Image

It's one of my least favourite albums TBH. I wasn't that sold on the R&B sound really (i think the album suffers for me for following the genius of Erotica so maybe i compare it unfavourably?), although i frigging love Secret. I really like Take A Bow amd Love Tried To Welcome Me a lot. Sanctuary is fantastic and dark sounding, and is DEFINITELY the best non-single. Bedtime Story is a dreamy, dark, fantasy, trancey track and is brilliant, although it sounds a bit out of place on the album to Me. I think Bedtime Story sounds like it would have fit on Ray Of Light a lot better. Maybe it was a signal near the end of the album of things to come?So basically the first half of the album is really weak and full of filler, except for Secret. I can take or leave Human Nature depending on my mood. The last four tracks are very strong. I really like Love Won't Wait and wished she'd continued with that and included it on the album, instead of giving it to Gary Barlow ðŸ˜.All in all i'm going for the wonderful Sanctuary. :-D

It's one of my least favourite albums TBH. I wasn't that sold on the R&B sound really (i think the album suffers for me for following the genius of Erotica so maybe i compare it unfavourably?), although i frigging love Secret.I really like Take A Bow amd Love Tried To Welcome Me a lot. Sanctuary is fantastic and dark sounding, and is DEFINITELY the best non-single. Bedtime Story is a dreamy, dark, fantasy, trancey track and is brilliant, although it sounds a bit out of place on the album to Me. I think Bedtime Story sounds like it would have fit on Ray Of Light a lot better. Maybe it was a signal near the end of the album of things to come?So basically the first half of the album is really weak and full of filler, except for Secret. I can take or leave Human Nature depending on my mood. The last four tracks are very strong. I really like Love Won't Wait and wished she'd continued with that and included it on the album, instead of giving it to Gary Barlow .All in all i'm going for the wonderful Sanctuary. :-D

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thought that Bedtime Story is out of place!

It's one of my least favourite albums TBH. I wasn't that sold on the R&B sound really (i think the album suffers for me for following the genius of Erotica so maybe i compare it unfavourably?), although i frigging love Secret.I really like Take A Bow amd Love Tried To Welcome Me a lot. Sanctuary is fantastic and dark sounding, and is DEFINITELY the best non-single. Bedtime Story is a dreamy, dark, fantasy, trancey track and is brilliant, although it sounds a bit out of place on the album to Me. I think Bedtime Story sounds like it would have fit on Ray Of Light a lot better. Maybe it was a signal near the end of the album of things to come?So basically the first half of the album is really weak and full of filler, except for Secret. I can take or leave Human Nature depending on my mood. The last four tracks are very strong. I really like Love Won't Wait and wished she'd continued with that and included it on the album, instead of giving it to Gary Barlow .All in all i'm going for the wonderful Sanctuary. :-D

I always love your responses Stevo.  I think that is my favorite part of doing these polls:  reading what other fans have to say.   :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

While this isn't one of my favorite Madonna albums, I learned to love it; once I decided to listen to the full album, withouth any kind of pause, and I realized how amazing Bedtime Stories is (still not my favorite).

Take A Bow is already a fantastic song, but listening to it as ''the album closer'' makes the track something out of this world.

Forbidden Love, Love Tried To Welcome Me and I'd Rather Be Your Lover are standout tracks for me, even if R&B isn't really ''her thing'', I think her voice fits perfectly and sounds really really good, very soulful and natural. 

I find myself stuck between Sanctuary and Bedtime Story when choosing my favorite song, but the choice is obvious. Bedtime Story may sound out of place compared to the rest of the album, but it's soooooooo amazing, a big step in her musical career.

one of my least favorite albums tbh, right after HC I suppose. Though there are are some really strong tracks, LTTWM, FL, Sanctuary and BS being my favorites at the time, it misses a cohesive sound and at the time the choice of producers was kind of late to the party, except for maybe Nellee. anyway, my favorite from this one is secret, it was such a nice new sound for her, with the steel guitar, low register voice and lots of harmonies

I always love your responses Stevo. I think that is my favorite part of doing these polls: reading what other fans have to say. :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks.I thought i remembered you asking for an explanation in your first poll, so i have. I like to talk lol

I found that the more I listen to this album the more I like it. I didn't realize so many of you like Love Tried to Welcome Me. My favorites are Secret, I'd Rather, Inside of Me. And I began to love Take a Bow after its surprising performance during Rebel Heart Tour in Taipei.The other tracks are also great. It seems that Don't Stop is the only 'Madonna style' dancey track in this album... Maybe Your Honesty is, too

Well from the first post I am glad I am not alone I HATE this album it's so like Xanax. Also I say this all time but had she put the version of IRBYL with Tupac even if nothing else was switched I would have soo much respect for this album. 

Oh I voted the worst song i'm sorry can you change Take a Bow over to Secret.

• 1 year later...

Archived