Madonna & Politics

RUADJAI

Madonna has always been outspoken about her beliefs, but after American Life she started commenting on US Presidents both good and bad. This continued until The Rebel Heart tour. I'm curious as to why all the sudden she chose not to speak up either for a candidate or against one. Especially when we have the candidates we do. It could be a simple answer as it didn't fit the themes of the show, but I do feel it was a conscious decision rather than thinking she just didn't think about it. 

what do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

She's staying 100% silent (other than endorsing gypsy) maybe because she probably doesn't believe in either candidate. She's also living her life at the moment spending more family time so I think it's good that she's saving herself the social media drama that would come from engaging in the nastiness that's going on.

I do think she could've made a stronger political statement on tour if she had wanted to, but she didn't. She stayed pretty much out of drama, I think purposefuly.

• 4 years later...