Living For Love - Single Thread

groovyguy

How disappointing! Guess there's no radio deal. :(

Top 40 USA Radio Adds61 TORI KELLY Nobody Love60 ARIANA GRANDE One Last Time24 SAM SMITH Lay Me Down21 IGGY AZALEA Trouble f/Jennifer Hudson21 JESSIE J Masterpiece17 WALK THE MOON Shut Up And Dance16 FLO RIDA GDFR f/Sage The Gemini15 CALVIN HARRIS Outside f/Ellie Goulding15 MADONNA Living For Love 

living for love is a big flop in belgium :cry:

now the video is out and the live preformance, remixes are out ,  it would think she would fly in the top 10 but she is so far away from itunes top 100

i don't understand why the video is not even on itunes

radio play is getting worse and it been hit of the week few weeks ago ,but i guess people just don't like the song

the 3 songs that have been release yesterday are doing well

2 days afther it's release first madonna top 3

now joan of arc is still at nr 1

hold tight nr 3

iconic nr 5

but i have to say i still love living for love

living for love is a big flop in belgium :cry:now the video is out and the live preformance, remixes are out ,  it would think she would fly in the top 10 but she is so far away from itunes top 100i don't understand why the video is not even on itunesradio play is getting worse and it been hit of the week few weeks ago ,but i guess people just don't like the songthe 3 songs that have been release yesterday are doing well2 days afther it's release first madonna top 3now joan of arc is still at nr 1hold tight nr 3iconic nr 5 but i have to say i still love living for love

the same in holland but i think the single wil be send to radios on 14 feb, valentijsndayso than i hope the song wil climb , the song is good and have a very moving vibe i play it for younger people and they all dance on it and like the song

it's whas send to radio end of december in belgium.

well it's been hit of the week first week of  january ( they almost played it ever hour alll week) and it climbs to radio play nr 23 , stayd there 1 week droped to nr 33 stayd there another week and now is nr 43 , so i wonder if will climb again but i doudt it :1f614:

MADONNA’S “LIVING FOR LOVE†MAKES UNIMPRESSIVE IMPACT AT POP RADIO
There is once again reason to crack that radio is not "Living for Love."

In conjunction with its December iTunes debut, Interscope Records serviced Madonna’s “Living for Love†to radio as part of a soft launch. Despite the buzz surrounding the first Madonna release since 2012, “Living†commanded a mere ten pop radio spins in its first tracking week.

Undoubtedly disappointing, the performance was theoretically excusable. The release came during radio’s traditionally inert holiday season and was part of a soft launch rather than a formal impact. The hope was that the song’s official 2015 radio release would command more interest.

It technically did, but one would be hard-pressed to call its official radio launch a successful one.

According to Mediabase, “Love†was added by only fifteen pop stations in conjunction with Tuesday’s radio impact, and no such add was from a station in a major market (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston, etc).

It tied Calvin Harris’ “Outside,†Nick Jonas’ “Chains†and Nicki Minaj’s “Truffle Butter†as the week’s eighth-most-added pop songs. The difference? None of those three songs was formally impacting this week, all already have support from major market stations and all are already top 40 hits (“Outside†is already a top 20 hit, while “Chains†is in the top 30).

While a first-week add count of 15 is neither objectively terrible nor a sign that a song will never make waves on the airplay chart (Meghan Trainor’s phenomenon “All About That Bass†received fifteen adds on impact), it is discouraging in this particular context.

An iconic artist like Madonna is not one that pop radio programmers need to gradually discover; they know her and the level of music industry buzz that surrounds her new releases.

Insofar as it has been around since December and was showcased during Sunday’s 57th Annual Grammy Awards, “Living for Love†is also far from an unknown. Interscope and Madonna had more than a month to build buzz around the song and had ample opportunities to maximize awareness. The result was a modest first-week add count that trails that earned by Walk the Moon’s crossover effort “Shut Up and Dance†(17 adds).

And that song comes from a rising alternative act with effectively no pop radio cachet and thus a far more significant opportunity to build its brand.

Should they aggressively spin the song, the early supporters could help “Living for Love†garner traction at radio. The song is by no means “dead†at this point.

But the weekly adds report does definitively reveal that the song is not starting its radio run with massive support. It is not debuting at pop radio from a position of power.