Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/madonna-new-music_n_5620725.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Could Madonna's New Music Be A Throwback To Her 'Like A Prayer' Days?

Madonna has spent the better part of 2014 teasing her follow-up to 2012's "MDNA." Mostly via Instagram posts, we know that Avicii, Diplo and "Wrecking Ball" scribe MoZella, along others, have hit the studio to lay down new tracks with the 55-year-old singer. That's left many wondering whether Madonna is planning a surprise release, à la Beyonce.

Now, two recent videos raise another question: Despite all the superstar contemporary producers, could Madonna's new work be a throwback to her '80s hits?

The first, an Instagram clip, features the London Community Gospel Choir belting out several seconds of what sounds strikingly similar to "Like a Prayer."

The second, which also made the Internet rounds on Thursday, is a video of Diplo remixing her 1986 hit "La Isla Bonita." The producer revealed he got Madonna to re-record her vocals for the song, including a line that's amended to reference Diplo himself (or Major Lazer, to be exact).

Of course, there's no telling exactly what these videos mean or whether Madonna's next music will actually hark back to the first decade of her career. Anyone who spent time with the "MDNA" lyrics knows she's a fiend for a good self-reference, though. "Lucky Star," "Like a Virgin" and "Into the Groove" are all referenced by name on the album, while opening track "Girl Gone Wild" kicks off with a line used in the "Like a Prayer" closer "Act of Contrition." The thought of "Like a Prayer" or even a slightly lesser hit like "La Isla Bonita" creeping into whatever Madge releases next is all too likely, and we can't say we'd mind if they do.

This idea that she's going to "surprise" anyone with a release ala Beyonce' is getting ridiculous. How can it be a surprise when we are full aware of the fact she's working on the album and have even been given teasers of lyrics, song titles, possible artwork, collaborations, sounds, etc. If anything is a "mystery" is the true sound of the record.

As for it being like "Lika A Prayer", there were many comparisons to "Nothing Fails" before it was released. Definitely a great song, but an entity of it's own. I suspect this new album will be the same. If anything I hope will be the same for the new album as it was for "Like A Prayer" is the huge commercial success behind it. I won't be holding my breath though.

As long as there is no Martin Solveig, I remain very optimistic about this album :Madonna009:

Even it did include him, I would be optimistic, since I quite enjoyed the songs he did with her. There are a lot of fans who feel the same way.

MADONNA AND MILEY CYRUS COLLABORATING?

Earlier today, Madonna revealed parts of the lyrics of REBEL HEART on her Instagram. The curious thing, is that the Queen of Pop tagged Miley Cyrus and MoZella on her post.

Following Madonna’s post, Miley Cyrus responded with a picture in which she wears a Madonna tee. Naked.

MoZella co-wrote Miley Cyrus’s hit WRECKING BALL and has been confirmed (officially) as a collaborator on Madonna’s new album. 

Could these three talented women be collaborating on the song REBEL HEART? I wouldn’t be surprised. All I know is that I’ll be like…

Posted Image

A Miley Collab would definitely raise eyebrows. I like Miley, so I welcome it. Even more, it will be entertaining to see some fans get all in tizzy over it because obviously, "Madonna is better than that". LOL! 

A Miley Collab would definitely raise eyebrows. I like Miley, so I welcome it. Even more, it will be entertaining to see some fans get all in tizzy over it because obviously, "Madonna is better than that". LOL! 

I just love, love, love the pre-album meltdowns which I always find amusing. And oh, the dramatic reactions over a 5 second low quality snippet of the lead single never cease to amaze me.

I just love, love, love the pre-album meltdowns which I always find amusing. And oh, the dramatic reactions over a 5 second low quality snippet of the lead single never cease to amaze me.

It's quite amusing. In fact, it's hilarious that people assume that Miley must be connected to the lyrics/song and/or is featured on the song simply because Madonna tagged her. My thought... the song supposedly is from Rebel Heart. Madonna recognizes that Miley rebels against the image and persona that she used to be with Disney. She shunned the wholesome image, and beat to her own drum. Sound familiar? I'm not necessarily comparing Miley to Madonna in no means, but like Madonna, Miley doesn't give a damn what people think, and does what she wants.

Maybe my "thought" is far fetched, but no more "far fetched" than assuming Madonna must be dueting with Madonna on the lyrics she posted. Maybe she is; Maybe she isn't. Either way, I can't wait!!!

I think it's funny how so many people assume Miley is connected with Rebel Heart too because of the instagram. Maybe it was just Miley's way of shouting out to Madonna a hello and that she liked the lyrics and that she can relate. Plus, she was wearing a Madonna tshirt.  Whatever the case, bring on this song. If Miley is connected, bring her on too. I thought they were a gas on the MTV thing they did together. 

I think it's funny how so many people assume Miley is connected with Rebel Heart too because of the instagram. Maybe it was just Miley's way of shouting out to Madonna a hello and that she liked the lyrics and that she can relate. Plus, she was wearing a Madonna tshirt.  Whatever the case, bring on this song. If Miley is connected, bring her on too. I thought they were a gas on the MTV thing they did together. 

Madonna tagged her and then she responded back with a pic of her wearing a Madonna T-Shirt. But yeah, it doesn't mean she's part of the song. But as mentioned by Groovyguy, it definitely will be a major meltdown for some fans if she is. And no matter how great a Madonna song is, the fact a much younger huge and popular star  is on the track could very well guarantee a top 10 hit. I'm not going to deny the fact that Madonna is still wanting to be heard on mainstream radio and score top ten hits.

Miley is not doing that well commercially, but the younger demographic helps Madonna. Still we shouldn't count that it's gonna help her necesarily, if people don't think the song is so hot they won't support it too much, look at GMAYL.

Miley is always wearing Madonna t-shirts on Instagram and other places, so this was probably Madonna's way of winking at her since Miley is such a big fan. I think it's cute... ovbiously doesn't mean anything more than that, but Madonna probably also wants to keep people guessing. 

Miley is not doing that well commercially, but the younger demographic helps Madonna. Still we shouldn't count that it's gonna help her necesarily, if people don't think the song is so hot they won't support it too much, look at GMAYL.

Miley is always wearing Madonna t-shirts on Instagram and other places, so this was probably Madonna's way of winking at her since Miley is such a big fan. I think it's cute... ovbiously doesn't mean anything more than that, but Madonna probably also wants to keep people guessing. 

Well, she's no Adele, Beyonce' or One Direction, but selling more than a million copies of her latest album, isn't bad in this market. Her popularity seems to exceed that and her fan base does cross over between Pop and Country, which are two of the biggest genres in music.

But yeah, nothing is guaranteed. Though, you can bet that a song with Miley on it, will gain more attention than a song with two acts that were featured on GMAYL.

I still think she tagged her just for the hell of it, not because she's part of the track.

https://twitter.com/diplo

Doing a reddit AMA tomorrow... Tune in @ Grand Canyon, AZ http://instagram.com/p/rATMUdqMmw/

Join @diplo for his @reddit_AMA "Ask Me Anything" tomorrow july 29 @ 3pm EDT / 7pm CET ! http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

Posted Image

I would take that 'ask me anything' sentence and put 'do me anything' :Madonna003:

Is this a reliable source?

There is no Miley/Madonna collaboration on ‘Rebel Heart’

I have excellent news for Madonna fans, pop music fans, and fans of humanity in general. Despite persistent rumors (fueled by a Cyrus tag from a Madonna post), the two are not collaborating on a song called “Rebel Heart.†It’s quite likely they aren’t collaborating at all on Madonna’s new album.

Despite her antics, Miley Cyrus is a very talented lady. Madonna is also very talented, despite her antics. However, working together on a new song would be a sign of desperation for both of these women, who don’t need to act desperate. Madonna does better when she collaborates with less popular acts, no matter what age they are.

Even though a release date hasn’t been set, it is likely Madonna’s next album (still without a title) will be released in November, with a tour that is likely to start in Australia or Asia in 2015. However, fans can expect to hear new Madonna music in August. Let’s hope Madonna can excite her fans and–once again–prove her skeptics wrong.

http://www.popmusicg.../#disqus_thread