MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

13 hours ago, Spanky1995 said:

Let's hope she/they are digging that deep into the vaults 

Re this Good Time release party from a few years back. Did anyone message Dan K and find out what the tea was?

So collectors clearly have all these tracks then and they're not locked in a vault somewhere.

This will probably lead to some spite leaks in the coming months. 

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I mean...we had one for every other release. Erotica Pic disc. Everybody 12". American Life mix show. WTG Super club EP. Why not this?

Since we don't even know if this is happening, it's still a kind of fresh rumor from insider only :)

Personally, I would wait for any official announcement first. But up to you :) I don't mind new thread if necessary at the moment 

18 hours ago, Andreo said:

The reissue of the statement about the reissues will be the only thing we will get on August 16th me thinks 

I think August the 16th is hella early for a minor release that doesn't come out til a few weeks before xmas though. The album was actually released Oct 25th. Surely that would be a more appropriate time to announce?4 weeks before Black Friday Record Store Day.

This release actually feels like the start of the re-issue campaign official. I'm very interested to hear and see how this looks, feels and of course the biggest test of all..the content. You just know it's gonna be physical only though like the Who's That Girl and American Life Mixshow releases. That way there's more digital content to drip feed another two years from now. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I think August the 16th is hella early for a minor release that doesn't come out til a few weeks before xmas though. The album was actually released Oct 25th. Surely that would be a more appropriate time to announce?4 weeks before Black Friday Record Store Day.

This release actually feels like the start of the re-issue campaign official. I'm very interested to hear and see how this looks, feels and of course the biggest test of all..the content. You just know it's gonna be physical only though like the Who's That Girl and American Life Mixshow releases. That way there's more digital content to drip feed another two years from now. 

I know people here insist that having a mediocrely curated vynil and digital Ep once in a while is it but to me this is barely the absolute bare minimum when we were promised eXpANsiVE EdiTioNS and Deluxe contents of her whole catalog. My point is that it's still a dreadful release. A few Bedtime Stories demos (possibly some already known to fans and released) and even worse, exclusively on vynil? Only this, and while LAV turns 40? This is dreadful. Added to any actual First reissue that would be cute but if not...  im packing my bags lol. Skipping major anniversary dates of Erotica, ROL, Debut, Hard Candy (sneak 🤭) was already bad, but no LAV40 would cross the line of pure clownery. There's nothing eventful or fun about these stupid ass vynil exclusives of stuff fans already have known before like the Erotica picture disc, WTG and the American Life remixes, especially when it's a stupid limited release only 1/20 of her audience among fans and casual listeners will be able to afford and care about. Give us CD, vinyls AND streaming release of an actually important re-edition. Only FEL felt like and actual release after this scam of a promise ffs. Now back to delusions while i stream MUSIC and pretend we will actually get a deluxe reissue before 2045 bye

This is great news. Bedtime Stories isn’t what I would class as a “landmark” album, so I wasn’t expecting a deluxe edition. It’s nice that she is celebrating the anniversary of it in this way though. Inside the Groove’s Twitter post said that she has been working on reissues over the last few weeks. Keyword “reissues”, so more that one. My bet, she has put together the Bedtime Stories EP for RSD and the LAV40 set. Fingers crossed for an announcement on her birthday! 

34 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I know people here insist that having a mediocrely curated vynil and digital Ep once in a while is it but to me this is barely the absolute bare minimum when we were promised eXpANsiVE EdiTioNS and Deluxe contents of her whole catalog. My point is that it's still a dreadful release. A few Bedtime Stories demos (possibly some already known to fans and released) and even worse, exclusively on vynil? Only this, and while LAV turns 40? This is dreadful. Added to any actual First reissue that would be cute but if not...  im packing my bags lol. Skipping major anniversary dates of Erotica, ROL, Debut, Hard Candy (sneak 🤭) was already bad, but no LAV40 would cross the line of pure clownery. There's nothing eventful or fun about these stupid ass vynil exclusives of stuff fans already have known before like the Erotica picture disc, WTG and the American Life remixes, especially when it's a stupid limited release only 1/20 of her audience among fans and casual listeners will be able to afford and care about. Give us CD, vinyls AND streaming release of an actually important re-edition. Only FEL felt like and actual release after this scam of a promise ffs. Now back to delusions while i stream MUSIC and pretend we will actually get a deluxe reissue before 2045 bye

..but this is the first time were actually been promised an actual demo and unreleased mixes. This in my mind is the true absolute beginning of the campaign proper. A couple of edits on Finally Enough Love and American Life Mixshow and  some digital singles aint it. This is going to be the first vault content so this is a pretty big breakthrough. 

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

..but this is the first time were actually been promised an actual demo and unreleased mixes. This in my mind is the true absolute beginning of the campaign proper. A couple of edits on Finally Enough Love and American Life Mixshow and  some digital singles aint it. This is going to be the first vault content so this is a pretty big breakthrough. 

To me it's still not. We're getting unreleaseds and... Only on vynils? You cant even stream the new songs and treat it like actual new music. It just feels so lame to me idk.

10 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Bedtime Stories isn’t what I would class as a “landmark” album, so I wasn’t expecting a deluxe edition. 

Bedtime Stories is one of my least favorite Madonna albums, but it definitely deserves an expanded or deluxe edition. There are numerous unreleased remixes, edits, and demos that could be included.

40 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Actually, I would rather prefer these specials "Mixshow" releases than actual "reissue". 

Let's be honest, Madonna ad1) is not a type to release a song if she is not satisfied with (so demos are really not her thing) , ad2) rarely looks back.. 

So even if a major reissue comes in a near future, I am sure it is going to be a disappointment for many. Clearly as seen in this thread, some fans are expecting unexpected. Multiple versions of demo tracks, rare songs, never leaked/released tracks etc. I highly doubt it is ever going to happen. We are going to be lucky with some 2CDs/4 vinyl reissue where 1 Cd is an original album and 2 Cd includes some remixes (maybe one or two demos or some songs from that era - like Gambler or Into the Groove include on original LAV album).

For now, I prefer these "Mixshow" albums. I really enjoy them. AL Mixshow Mix was a nice surprise for hardcore fans. To me, it feels like a good ammendment to an original album. I don't really need her to release a same album again (only because it's anniversary) with some demos included (they leaked in previous years anyway). 

But that's purely my personal preference. Of course, we are here to disagree :)

This is the first time in this actual campaign I'm genuinely curious and a tad excited. Bedtime is the album I play most of Madonnas. It's her most solid play all the way through and a gorgeous mood piece so any additional content in the same style could really add to that listening experience for me. 

17 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Make. Your. Music. ACCESSIBLE!!

Yeah it's unbelievable, she tries everything to be competitive on social medias and music trends and blablabla and then she still has obsolete releasing view and strategies.

EDIT: anyway, after reading almost 4 pages of comments, wow guys what a hurt community we are :lol: I couldn't see a residual sign of light almost anywhere :Madonna009: 

I think @Jackie made a very good point, for example, remembering the caption of her Insta comeback after the post Celebration tour small pause: "my baby's got a secret". So now, as the ususal enthusiast I am, I'm gonna stay here, happy as fuck, waiting for the 29th of November "Something's coming over" demo release, maybe with a pair of other unreleased (not more than that) from the seven tracks BS session we're all waiting for  :hearteyes:

forrest gump GIF

17 hours ago, LX54 said:

OMG may this be this one track we almost listened to on the rsd release... 

FimRxW0UoAAqZpl.jpg

Given the other AI stuff on this channel labeled as "unreleased" - it was definitely gonna be an unconvincing AI rendition lol.