Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

Anyone have any updates about Like A Prayer? I'd love to know it's streaming figures for yesterday.

Does anyone think it will chart anywhere?

LAP would’ve charted at number 47 in the UK this week, BUT her useless team didn’t reset it from ACR. 
NSync  hatred at number 30 thanks to their team resetting their song this week. 

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

There's something wrong and it ain't me. Have fun replying!

Oh jesus, you are an absolute child, and I seem to be giving you the attention you crave that you clearly don't get in your life. If it makes you feel special and significant, you can have the last word. Some of us actually have a life.

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel

1 minute ago, animalinstinct said:

LAP would’ve charted at number 47 in the UK this week, BUT her useless team didn’t reset it from ACR. 

I really can't.

She really need a fresh new team ASAP. Fresh new people, younger, in tune with the current world.

It's embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

That is so annoying, what is wrong with her team. What do they actually do?

2 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

her team is useless ! wrong certs, not resetting the song, refusing to merge, silver crap , etc etc etc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOTdJj7P5jFVExE48v0Ve

She's the biggest female artist ever still alive, with a big opportunity in the biggest movie of the season. What does Guy Oseary do apart from negotiating the big contract with Marvel?

All the other little boring things are also part of the job. Merging the fucking tracks on Spotify. Remastering the video on YouTube. Making sure everything's set for it to chart again in the big territories like the UK.

An UK Top 50 for a song released 35 years ago would be big exposure and a great achievement, and it would make it grow even more next week.

I'm angry now. I can't believe this bitch could have come back to the UK Top 50 this week and yet here we are collecting dust.

From Music Week:

Madonna’s 1989 No.1, Like A Prayer, also features in crucial scenes in the film, and increases consumption 134.57% to 10,497 units. Bye Bye Bye has had a reset and is on SCR but Like A Prayer remains on ACR – otherwise it would be a re-entry at No.47 this week.

Madonna almost never allows her songs on compilations, and doesn’t make an exception for Deadpool & Wolverine. Bye Bye Bye is *Nsync’s most-consumed title, with a to-date tally of 793,057 units, while Like A Prayer has lifetime consumption of 1,489,225 units.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She's the biggest female artist ever still alive, with a big opportunity in the biggest movie of the season. What does Guy Oseary do apart from negotiating the big contract with Marvel?

All the other little boring things are also part of the job. Merging the fucking tracks on Spotify. Remastering the video on YouTube. Making sure everything's set for it to chart again in the big territories like the UK.

An UK Top 50 for a song released 35 years ago would be big exposure and a great achievement, and it would make it grow even more next week.

I'm angry now. I can't believe this bitch could have come back to the UK Top 50 this week and yet here we are collecting dust.

I know how you feel, I'm really angry as well. I'm getting to the point of just not bothering with her anymore, as it seems her fans are more interested in her legacy than she is.

2 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

From Music Week:

Madonna’s 1989 No.1, Like A Prayer, also features in crucial scenes in the film, and increases consumption 134.57% to 10,497 units. Bye Bye Bye has had a reset and is on SCR but Like A Prayer remains on ACR – otherwise it would be a re-entry at No.47 this week.

Madonna almost never allows her songs on compilations, and doesn’t make an exception for Deadpool & Wolverine. Bye Bye Bye is *Nsync’s most-consumed title, with a to-date tally of 793,057 units, while Like A Prayer has lifetime consumption of 1,489,225 units.

Are they saying Like A Prayer is officially a million selling single in the UK? 😮

4 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

From Music Week:

Team Madonna and Warner UK can go to hell honestly.

Heaven help me!

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

can they still do it for next week, so it charts higher (or lower)?

I read a Reddit thread where Marvel fans gathered to discuss why Madonna's Like a prayer Deadpool version  wasn't included in the Deadpool OST album. They are not madonna fans so it is really interesting to read.

They speculate that Madonna's Like a prayer 35th anniversary album is coming out in September and deadpool version Like a prayer may have been intentionally dropped because Madonna's uselss team were afraid it would affect that 35th anniversary album sales.

And they said they heard rumors that Madonna's useless team would include a Deadpool version at that album in September.

If that's true...

In September? Really? Seriously?

:Madonna052:

After all the deadpool heat is gone?

:salty:

On 8/2/2024 at 12:39 AM, Debord said:

Who are we talking about in terms of "remembering" or "zeitgeist"? Ray of Light is still considered one of the best albums of all time, is usually named her best album, and both it and Music were massive at the time. I really can't stress enough that streaming is not the world when it comes to measuring the impact and importance of music, especially older artists. I mean people like David Bowie or Elvis or Stevie Wonder are recognised as hugely important, beloved artists and they're not setting Spotify alight.

I don't know: in the past years, Like a Prayer was put in every "best albums of all time list", not Ray of Light.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:00 PM, Prayer said:

Except for "Hung Up", her big big big BIG hits are from the 80s anyway. That's what happens when you have not one, not two, but THREE imperial phases in your career. Obviously some hits are gonna "suffer" while others get the flowers.

But yeah, it's always been surprising how "Ray Of Light" and "Music" singles are not higher cause they were really monster hits at their time.

Waiting for today's "Like A Prayer" update by the way... should be out in a moment.

Well, 4 Minutes is doing very well on Spotify; actually it's on par with her '80s biggest hits.

Anyway, I guess that every Madonna fan is surprised that Frozen and Music aren't doing massive numbers: maybe Music era has been "overshadowed" by the more successful Confessions era (Sorry is performing better than Music and Don't Tell Me) as well as by 4 Minutes, whereas Ray of Light... m-mmh... not sure about its not-so-great numbers.