Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

On a more positive note... "LAP" ("Celebration") is up to #2 on her current Spotify Top 10:

top10.png.4f83701b1c964ada832fd0d36035a544.png

At this rate I guess the "Immaculate" version and Album Version could enter the Top 10 at some point too.

No offence, and it's not aimed at you, but I don't care anymore. I'm done supporting Madonna and her useless team. I'm done, I'm out.

25 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I can't believe they had a huge opportunity to give Like a Prayer another big moment and then basically set everything to fail. Why did they even bother in the first place:rip: so frustrating 

The big $$$$$$ Marvel fee, which let's be honest, it's the most important thing here. No amount of streams will equal that, whatever the figure was (rumor says $31M which is crazy, not sure about that).

But in addition to that, it was the perfect opportunity to give the song a boost, her public profile a boost, etc.

It's depressing that a fucking defunct band like 'NSYNC, with a cancelled and hated Justin Timberlake, is getting all the flowers and attention, and also the chart re-entries, partly because their record company (and any team behind?) cares, while an active act like her, who could really benefit a lot from this to raise once again her profile for future endeavours (new music, her own movie, reissues) seems like she's completely detached from it.

It's not her own fault, but she should have a team and a label behind worrying about all these little but not so little things. It's literally part of their jobs.

Maybe it's time for Guy O to step aside. Not that he's helped much or at all in the last... 15 years? That's a whole lot.

Also Warner... guess they were too busy announcing yet another Cher project, a new greatest hits (at least she gets stuff done).

15 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

From Music Week:

Madonna’s 1989 No.1, Like A Prayer, also features in crucial scenes in the film, and increases consumption 134.57% to 10,497 units. Bye Bye Bye has had a reset and is on SCR but Like A Prayer remains on ACR – otherwise it would be a re-entry at No.47 this week.

Madonna almost never allows her songs on compilations, and doesn’t make an exception for Deadpool & Wolverine. Bye Bye Bye is *Nsync’s most-consumed title, with a to-date tally of 793,057 units, while Like A Prayer has lifetime consumption of 1,489,225 units.

The fact that an industry magazine like Music Week has published this will be of great embarrassment to Warner UK for not having checked this in advance. If they haven't addressed it for the upcoming week, they are complete clowns. In fairness to GuyO, he's not expected to know each country's chart rules. It's the label in the local territory who should have spotted this. Fingers crossed for next week if it's not too late.

Today's "Like A Prayer" update:

- "Celebration" Version: 364.228.607 (from 363.350.116)

- Album Version: 105.080.395 (from 104.874.869)

- "Immaculate" Version: 10.505.198 (from 10.309.649)

Overall, she keeps benefiting from the movie push and she's back today to +38M monthly listeners (38.040.629) and #97 overall.

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Like A Prayer has moved up to second place on her Spotify front page. It would be at the top if streams for album and Celebration versions were merged. So now now, Popular remains the most…popular. 

IMG_4340.jpeg

No, it wouldn't because the streams for LAP still aren't meeting up with the current streams of Popular.

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

No, it wouldn't because the streams for LAP still aren't meeting up with the current streams of Popular.

Yeah they are if we merge the versions:

01 (=): Like a Prayer³ - 479,814,200 (+1,279,566) +3.33% {+69.85%} *New All-time Peak*
02 (=): Popular - 874,634,391 (+1,137,661) -1.03% {-1.42%}

1 minute ago, animalinstinct said:

Yeah they are if we merge the versions:

01 (=): Like a Prayer³ - 479,814,200 (+1,279,566) +3.33% {+69.85%} *New All-time Peak*
02 (=): Popular - 874,634,391 (+1,137,661) -1.03% {-1.42%}

I'm not sure the way you are computing it, is how Spotify is.  But I don't disagree with the results. :)

So there’s definitely some label $hit going on w/that nsync song. I’ve been watching videos on youtube tonight- various pop, dance, synthpop, italo, hip hop etc from the 80s to 10s, and I swear for every video, under the “people also watched” recommendation section Bye Bye Bye (“from deadpool & wolverine”) was the first video. Reminds me of how people were complaining on twitter & tiktok how on spotify no matter what music they played Sabrina Carpenter or Chappell Roan would autoplay next.

Idk. As much as I wish M was having nsync’s #s rn I’d be sort of embarrassed if I saw that happening w/LAP.

Maybe she and her team are wanting to allow the attention to LAP  to be as organic as possible. No complaints here if that's the case because it's definitely still getting a lot of attention then it was getting before the movie.

29 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

So there’s definitely some label $hit going on w/that nsync song. I’ve been watching videos on youtube tonight- various pop, dance, synthpop, italo, hip hop etc from the 80s to 10s, and I swear for every video, under the “people also watched” recommendation section Bye Bye Bye (“from deadpool & wolverine”) was the first video. Reminds me of how people were complaining on twitter & tiktok how on spotify no matter what music they played Sabrina Carpenter or Chappell Roan would autoplay next.

Idk. As much as I wish M was having nsync’s #s rn I’d be sort of embarrassed if I saw that happening w/LAP.

That's honestly gross to think about and I like *NSYNC too

But all that does is encourage the worst out of record labels.

I'm not aware of shady autoplay tactics on YouTube? Could happen, of course, music industry is rotten at heart. But I think the "Bye Bye Bye" thing could be just the result of it being viral last week.

By the way, the excuse of "M's team wants LAP's attention to be as organic as possible" is just... well, won't even give it a name.

I'm the first to tell when things have been done right, but the whole D&W LAP saga is being a mess of epic proportions. I try to remember another case of a big song on a big movie/series and the artist's team and label doing nothing... and I'm sorry but I can't remember any.

LAPs is not only not having any help from the label and artist, it's having everything against it: no video remaster, no merged versions on Spotify, not even taking care of the basics so it can have a chance to chart in the UK singles chart (where it should be already with just its organic results).

They. Just. Don't. Care.

Madonna herself does not care, the song was n. 1 in 1989 and that's enough for her. And she's right.   What's the point in making it chart again whan charts do not matter anymore? And what's the point in putting any effort just to be highlighted in a playlist where anyone and his sister is included, without any logic and any artistic value? It's not her project so why should she/her team care to release a "movie version" of the track? She greenlighted the song and that's all. Plus, she does not care to be a legacy artist, neither Warners do. They move when she moves, they say, and she never will. Actually no one cares, except a few hundred people in the whole world (mainly from this and other M forums). One day Warners will do their job properly. When she's dead.       

Today's "Like A Prayer" update:

- "Celebration" Version: 365.856.733 (from 365.075.770)

- Album Version: 105.472.699 (from 105.280.004)

- "Immaculate" Version: 10.857.277 (from 10.689.342)

Artist page up to 38.416.604 monthly listeners and #96 overall.

2 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Well, the first mid-week tallies on the UK singles chart are in and the Deadpool & Wolverine effect on it is as follows...Come on Warner Music UK, we know you're reading this... pull the finger out!

2083458012_Screenshot2024-08-05at20_12_36.thumb.png.ff059ec80e434e4bdae02d3fd8e87a5c.png

713798724_Screenshot2024-08-05at20_15_15.thumb.png.d43c158c197e9851fa00c37e3100f72c.png

Well if "LAP" actually appears in the midweeks now it's a good sign that Warner UK has reset whatever they need to reset for it to count again for the single chart, right?

Sad that it missed last week when it had full power. Don't know if it'll re-enter officially the Top 100 this Friday with such a low midweek. We'll see.

30 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well if "LAP" actually appears in the midweeks now it's a good sign that Warner UK has reset whatever they need to reset for it to count again for the single chart, right?

Sad that it missed last week when it had full power. Don't know if it'll re-enter officially the Top 100 this Friday with such a low midweek. We'll see.

I don't think they've re-set it unfortunately. Although the screen shots above say Nsync is a RE-entry on this week's mid-weeks, it was actually on the official chart last week at #30. So BBB has risen to #14, whilst LAP has just risen to #100. I think it is as a result of being added to more movie playlists rather than Warner being pro-active. Sigh...

4 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I don't think they've re-set it unfortunately. Although the screen shots above say Nsync is a RE-entry on this week's mid-weeks, it was actually on the official chart last week at #30. So BBB has risen to #14, whilst LAP has just risen to #100. I think it is as a result of being added to more movie playlists rather than Warner being pro-active. Sigh...

Mmmmm 'NSYNC showing as a re-entry is weird indeed. But "LAP" wasn't on last week's midweek update as far as we know?

We'll see this Friday anyway. Would be nice to see a proper "LAP" re-entry but won't hold my breath.