Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

18 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

Oh GAWD! I know beggars can't be choosers but I wish it would've been in 2019 and a song of hers that hadn't gone to #1 and she would've been first female artist to have a #1 song in 4 consecutive decades 😭😭😭 

Can't wait to see what these numbers will be! The fact that she looks f*cking HAWT at the premiere too is GREAT! hopefully this will be the press image that gets used everytime she's mentioned instead of that horrible grammy pic!!! 

15 hours ago, Prayer said:

The official music video of "Like A Prayer" on YouTube full of comments of people going after the trailer:

But still an SD upload.

I swear sometimes I can't. These kind of things are PRIORITY when an opportunity like this comes along.

Emily, I'm talking to you. If effing Mary Lambert is not personally scanning the old reels for a 4K version there's no excuse to not have an HD official upscale NOW.

Now that we're talking about the quality of the youtube music video, the Like A prayer music video is at least better than the Celebration music video. Celebration music video has 240p quality. I mean seriously. It's not some random fan's channel. As you can see it is Madonna OFFICIAL youtube channel. And her team upload 240p quality Music video at her own channel. I mean seriously? The song wasn't released in 1979, it was released in 2009! And her team upload it as 240p quality... I just...

22 minutes ago, I am madonna said:

Now that we're talking about the quality of the youtube music video, the Like A prayer music video is at least better than the Celebration music video. Celebration music video has 240p quality. I mean seriously. It's not some random fan's channel. As you can see it is Madonna OFFICIAL youtube channel. And her team upload 240p quality Music video at her own channel. I mean seriously? The song wasn't released in 1979, it was released in 2009! And her team upload it as 240p quality... I just...

Even a video clip released in 1979 has a master in at least 480i (or 540i in PAL)

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But one question: was the video clip uploaded by Madonna's team or by Warner's team when Madonna left Warner? Because it could have been done on purpose by Warner (and they haven't corrected it yet)

I remember the "Celebration" video was premiered exclusively on iTunes in 2009, they did a promo in which they offered the video for free during a period of time (US only).

Back then iTunes videos were just 240p (size and transfer limitations plus they were meant to be seen on iPods and first iPhones, so it didn't matter), so maybe they uploaded the same iTunes files to YouTube later and called it a day.

To be fair most of videos on YouTube in 2009 were 360p maximum. But yeah, no excuse to not having updated that one in 15 years.

Just now, Prayer said:

I remember the "Celebration" video was premiered exclusively on iTunes in 2009, they did a promo in which they offered the video for free during a period of time (US only).

Back then iTunes videos were just 240p, so maybe they uploaded the same iTunes files to YouTube later and called it a day.

To be fair most of videos on YouTube in 2009 were 360p maximum. But yeah, no excuse to not having updated that one in 15 years.

Ugh, I remember downloading many video clips in 1080p from YouTube in 2009 (Lady Gaga, for example).

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ugh, I remember downloading many video clips in 1080p from YouTube in 2009 (Lady Gaga, for example).

Nope, Gaga's first 1080p video on YouTube was "Telephone", in 2010. 2010 was the year when most of them started using proper Full HD YouTube uploads.

"Paparazzi" and "Bad Romance" were always 360p (or 480p, can't remember now, SD anyway) until they were upscaled in the last few years.

"3" by Britney in 2009 was still SD (upscaled some years ago as well). Her first Full HD video upload on YouTube was "Hold It Against Me" in 2011.

Fun fact: Madonna's first 1080p video upload on YouTube was "Girl Gone Wild" (one of the two versions available, the other one is 720p). "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was originally uploaded in 720p and only updated to Full HD a couple of years ago.

Why do I keep all this useless information in my head? God only knows xd

27 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Nope, Gaga's first 1080p video on YouTube was "Telephone", in 2010. 2010 was the year when most of them started using proper Full HD YouTube uploads.

"Paparazzi" and "Bad Romance" were always 360p (or 480p, can't remember now, SD anyway) until they were upscaled in the last few years.

"3" by Britney in 2009 was still SD (upscaled some years ago as well). Her first Full HD video upload on YouTube was "Hold It Against Me" in 2011.

Fun fact: Madonna's first 1080p video upload on YouTube was "Girl Gone Wild" (one of the two versions available, the other one is 720p). "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was originally uploaded in 720p and only updated to Full HD a couple of years ago.

Why do I keep all this useless information in my head? God only knows xd

I said 'for example' Lady Gaga, not just 'Lady Gaga'. Maybe her first full HD video clip was in 2010 and not in 2009 (God forgive me for my mistake), but in 2009 many video clips on YouTube were 1080p or at least 720p. And I know because, as a video clip collector, I downloaded them from YouTube when they were released.