Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

1 minute ago, Nicmag said:

Why isn't it even featured in the OST on Spotify when every other song in the film is?

I think it's because the movie doesn't use the original version, but rather a kind of remix/re-recording mixed with the original version. And they might not have re-recorded the whole song, just the parts that were going to be in the film. And obviously, letting the original version be released on the DW OST would kill a lot of album sales (or compilations like Celebration).

20 minutes ago, Nicmag said:

Why isn't it even featured in the OST on Spotify when every other song in the film is?

Because Madonna didn’t allow it, and it was a brilliant move to kill the hype for LAP  :hearno::speakno::seeno:

19 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

And obviously, letting the original version be released on the DW OST would kill a lot of album sales (or compilations like Celebration).

The streams show that nobody give a fuck to stream LAP from album or Celebration, *NSYNC have almost 5 million streams, M & her team are clueless 

Tired Wake Up GIF

7 minutes ago, proxy said:

The streams show that nobody give a fuck to stream LAP from album or Celebration, *NSYNC have almost 5 million streams, M & her team are clueless 

Do the other songs from the soundtrack have 5 million streams? Because if not, it just means that the NSYNC song is liked more than 'Like A Prayer. Of course, being on the soundtrack would have helped 'Like A Prayer,' that’s undeniable.

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Do the other songs from the soundtrack have 5 million streams? Because if not, it just means that the NSYNC song is liked more than 'Like A Prayer. Of course, being on the soundtrack would have helped 'Like A Prayer,' that’s undeniable.

I don’t care, I’m frustrated, sick with Covid & in drama mode right now, the thing is her team should do more :Madonna051:

I was right with bomb her team, they didn’t ask in UK for reset ACR (Accelerated Chart Ratio) for LAP, so single is not treated like new release but like old one & literally loosing 200:1 vs 1200:1 for new songs. They literally sabotage her and effort that M fans doing to help the song. 
IMG_4724.thumb.jpeg.83ff3602352e9ddf7492dfc5aa801348.jpeg

46 minutes ago, proxy said:

I was right with bomb her team, they didn’t ask in UK for reset ACR (Accelerated Chart Ratio) for LAP, so single is not treated like new release but like old one & literally loosing 200:1 vs 100:1 for new songs. They literally sabotage her and effort that M fans doing to help the song. 
IMG_4724.thumb.jpeg.83ff3602352e9ddf7492dfc5aa801348.jpeg

Bomb Madonna team for sabotaging LAP, and for literally spitting on fans that streams song & trying to help!! 
IMG_4725.thumb.jpeg.71724cbcc8768dbaf1b877e2074e985b.jpeg

The song is start to fall everywhere, how is this possible to have a song in second most popular movie of the year & let her flop. Why Madonna cant have at least one win in streaming era, I'm so tired :Madonna023:

1 minute ago, proxy said:

The song is start to fall everywhere, how is this possible to have a song in second most popular movie of the year & let her flop. Why Madonna cant have at least one win in streaming era, I'm so tired :Madonna023:

I also thing by let this happen, they did permanent damage to LAP,  with this flop everyone now will be discredit this song as one of the best ever written, this flop will stick to LAP :rip:

38 minutes ago, proxy said:

I also thing by let this happen, they did permanent damage to LAP,  with this flop everyone now will be discredit this song as one of the best ever written, this flop will stick to LAP :rip:

Girl you need to calm down! Yes it’s true it didn’t pop off quite as huge as that fuckass Nsync song but it’ still doing HUGE numbers compared to what it usually does, and what any of her catalog songs do. And that’s a good thing. It’s true her people could have done a few little things to maximize the numbers she’s getting but nothing she or they could have done would’ve changed this outcome.

Nobody’s gonna call LAP a flop bc of this. It’s a classic and always will be. Plenty of other songs featured in the prior films didn’t explode like Kate Bush either:

1 hour ago, proxy said:

But it's EVERYWERE on tiktok, almost EVERY deadpool wolverine video has this song playing.  I know this doesn't count but its populair there. Verry populair...

48 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Girl you need to calm down! Yes it’s true it didn’t pop off quite as huge as that fuckass Nsync song but it’ still doing HUGE numbers compared to what it usually does, and what any of her catalog songs do. And that’s a good thing. It’s true her people could have done a few little things to maximize the numbers she’s getting but nothing she or they could have done would’ve changed this outcome.

Nobody’s gonna call LAP a flop bc of this. It’s a classic and always will be. Plenty of other songs featured in the prior films didn’t explode like Kate Bush either:

I know I'm overdramatic, because I'm angry at her team

Cry Crying GIF by POWERS

7 hours ago, Scottyx said:

Not at all. This wasn't meant for Madonna fans as much as it was for Marvel. They will sell the shit out of this and if it did come out on a physical format, Marvel collectors would eat it up. The amount of merch they sell is insane.

I agree.  I also believe she and her team wanted to capitalize on this independently, rather part of the soundtrack.  I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing here.  They let the momentum build for the soundtrack version and then "bam" release the EP separately. 

I also agree that releasing a physical copy of this will be the cherry on top here, especially for collectors whether it's Marvel or her fans.  Being Vinyls are really popular now, including the 7 inch, it would awesome if they released a 7 inch version of this playlist (or the two soundtrack scores of the song). :)