Were the H&M and Material Girl clothing lines successful?

I had some nostalgia this morning.  I just finished college and remember the H&M clothing line by Madonna.  It just stood out to me because I still found her absolutely gorgeous in all the ads.  I think that was the point I realized even at 100 plus years old and in a walker I'd still find her attractive.  

Ditto the Material Girl.  I recall actually walking past the main Macy's in NYC around 2010 visiting a job agency there.  Which completely turned out to be waste of time...  the job agency.  But yeah I still recall like a huge poster there for the Material Girl line.  And I recall it was like a big deal as well to be the face of the ads.  I think it was even Kelly Osbourne at one time and then there was that blonde model Tyler.  I forgot her last name.

Were they like successful though?  I would think the Material Girl clothing line was at least at first..

16 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

I had some nostalgia this morning.  I just finished college and remember the H&M clothing line by Madonna.  It just stood out to me because I still found her absolutely gorgeous in all the ads.  I think that was the point I realized even at 100 plus years old and in a walker I'd still find her attractive.  

Ditto the Material Girl.  I recall actually walking past the main Macy's in NYC around 2010 visiting a job agency there.  Which completely turned out to be waste of time...  the job agency.  But yeah I still recall like a huge poster there for the Material Girl line.  And I recall it was like a big deal as well to be the face of the ads.  I think it was even Kelly Osbourne at one time and then there was that blonde model Tyler.  I forgot her last name.

Were they like successful though?  I would think the Material Girl clothing line was at least at first..

I was manager of the flagstore in Oxford Circus, London for few years and literally just quit when the campaign was coming. I did work on the preparation for it thou and still in touch after.

It was pretty successful in the UK and the US. Staff weren't authorized to purchase these campaign products or reserved them, at least they were leftovers and for sale. So I could'nt get a tee shirt that says just 'Madonna for H&M' . The launch day it was busy and people got lots of the stock as soon as we opened.