Rhino Atmos Blu Rays

I have the Fleetwood Mac Rumours bluray release and I have to admit the Atmos is good but I prefer the older DVD audio surround mix that was redone lossless on the disc because it mixed the music differently. The Atmos is the stereo tracks expanded to 6 speakers while the 5.1 surround uses some different instrumentation on several track.

23 minutes ago, kineticsolace said:

I have the Fleetwood Mac Rumours bluray release and I have to admit the Atmos is good but I prefer the older DVD audio surround mix that was redone lossless on the disc because it mixed the music differently. The Atmos is the stereo tracks expanded to 6 speakers while the 5.1 surround uses some different instrumentation on several track.

I don’t quite understand you. Normally, 6 speakers is 5.1, 8 speakers is 7.1.....

What sometimes happens is that some people ruin the original work in the new remix. I still cry over Prince's 'Diamonds and Pearls' Atmos mix (5.1) because it's atrocious. However, the TIC Atmos mix (4.0) is really good..

9 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Would L-U-V to know if M herself would be hesitating of giving thumbs up to such a release since Blu-ray players are virtually defunct (unless these Blu-ray Atmos'es run on a whole different device).

Don't kill BD players just yet. Vinyl, CDs, and DVDs have all been declared dead, but they’re still going strong. The physical market may be shrinking, but that doesn’t mean it’s dead; it’s just going to be reduced to collectors and audiophiles. BD-Audio can be played perfectly on any Blu-ray player, but you need an Atmos Home Cinema or similar, theoretically. As far as I know, no specific BD-Audio player has been created.

Maybe you’re referring to UHD players (4K).

@Aiwa08 sorry for being this morbid to Blu-rays, but the moment I saw the rumours that latest Kylie Minogue's tour (actually her first Vegas residency) could be released as a bonus to the soon-to-be-announced expanded edition of her latest stydio album, but only as a CD (unlike the triple combo CD/DVD/BD that got present to the expanded edition to her second to last studio album), I have lost my hopes for both DVD and Blu-ray concert films to keep on going on (esp after getting aware that Gaga's Chromatica Ball won't be released in any physical edition, which is a shame!).

5 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@Aiwa08 sorry for being this morbid to Blu-rays, but the moment I saw the rumours that latest Kylie Minogue's tour (actually her first Vegas residency) could be released as a bonus to the soon-to-be-announced expanded edition of her latest stydio album, but only as a CD (unlike the triple combo CD/DVD/BD that got present to the expanded edition to her second to last studio album), I have lost my hopes for both DVD and Blu-ray concert films to keep on going on (esp after getting aware that Gaga's Chromatica Ball won't be released in any physical edition, which is a shame!).

But that could be because some streaming service might have paid for exclusive rights to it, like with the Blond Ambition Tour and Pioneer 30 years ago.

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

But that could be because some streaming service might have paid for exclusive rights to it, like with the Blond Ambition Tour and Pioneer 30 years ago.

Actually when BMG released the expanded edition of Kylie's DISCO album as a digibook to 5 discs, including live CD, DVD and BD off the livestream Kylie did during the pandemic as a one-way to promote songs from her album, they ended up to a very big sales tanking, to the point that edition got more than 70% discounted on Amazon UK (but who am I to claim, it was by this way I managed to pick up mine) - it was #1 in Amazon UK's list of best live DVD sellers much because... it was kind of the only live DVD release afaik that year (2021). Madonna didn't release Madame X on DVD/BD, nor Taylor with Reputation Stadium Tour, Ariana to Sweetener World Tour and the list goes and goes on. So when I saw the rumours regarding Tension new edition with only an extra live CD to put her whole Vegas concert, with no official video register of that, you may argue, "these are just rumours," but I TRULY believe they're legit. Streaming platforms have killed BD/DVDs of concert films and, while they aren't a permanent way to have access to concert films (for instance, the aforementioned Reputation Stadium Tour isn't on Netflix anymore nor everywhere else, and got aware here on Infinity that several countries don't offer Madame X Tour anymore since Paramount+ has reduced their reach if countrues after launching SkyShowtime), the only possible way to get them for granted is through bootlegged, housemade stuff which is flaw-galore by default.

I just HATE this whole situation, perdóname, amigo mío.

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don’t quite understand you. Normally, 6 speakers is 5.1, 8 speakers is 7.1.....

What sometimes happens is that some people ruin the original work in the new remix. I still cry over Prince's 'Diamonds and Pearls' Atmos mix (5.1) because it's atrocious. However, the TIC Atmos mix (4.0) is really good..

That's because I accidentally hit the 6 and not the 7 because the Atmos track is 7.1 so it's 8 channels.

For Fleetwood Mac Rumours the Atmos is:

Channels 8

Audio Channel Layout 7.1

Bit Depth 24

If you listen to it compared to the DVD Audio (now lossless on the bluray) it is a completely different instrumentation/mixing - listen to Songbird in all 3 formats (Atmos, Surround and Stereo) and you will see what I am saying.