Best Madonna live album mixing?

Roy

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Nothing too crazy, but there were definitely tweaks for the official release and some kind of studio mixing. Let's compare the original footage from news and bootlegs:

With the final released product:

It's way more polished. Could be just the nature of an official release, but...

Also, in the VHS credits we can see:

LTM5ODAuanBlZw.jpeg

"Music Produced by Madonna and Patrick Leonard" - which could mean they produced the whole audio in studio?

There's also the Christopher Ciccone story about that tour on his book: that she was already out of breath by the third song and that's why for her second tour she started training, running and so, to be on top form physically. We can't see any of that "out of breath" issues on the "Virgin" official release honestly.

Of course this is not meant to be shady or an attack to her or whatever. One thing I like about her is that she always wants to present her tours for the official releases in the best form possible - at least from her point of view.

We can clearly imagine they corrected some possible failures in her voice but the audio we have from the official release sounds extremely genuine to me. I don't see it as a "redone" thing like S&S.

10 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

We can clearly imagine they corrected some possible failures in her voice but the audio we have from the official release sounds extremely genuine to me. I don't see it as a "redone" thing like S&S.

No, definitely if they did anything to it, it was nothing like "S&S", of course. "Virgin" sounds great and quite real.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Nothing too crazy, but there were definitely tweaks for the official release and some kind of studio mixing. Let's compare the original footage from news and bootlegs:

With the final released product:

It's way more polished. Could be just the nature of an official release, but...

Also, in the VHS credits we can see:

LTM5ODAuanBlZw.jpeg

"Music Produced by Madonna and Patrick Leonard" - which could mean they produced the whole audio in studio?

There's also the Christopher Ciccone story about that tour on his book: that she was already out of breath by the third song and that's why for her second tour she started training, running and so, to be on top form physically. We can't see any of that "out of breath" issues on the "Virgin" official release honestly.

Of course this is not meant to be shady or an attack to her or whatever. One thing I like about her is that she always wants to present her tours for the official releases in the best form possible - at least from her point of view.

It's just the nature of an official release. I can't hear THAT much of a difference. And in the news footage she's also on her 2nd song and not out of breath either. Maybe there where some nights she was. But i think the official release is pretty much real. Some little fixes maybe but that would be it i gues...