💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤

Just seen this on Instagram, apparently a Bedtime Stories 30th Anniversary vinyl is due for Record Store Day Black Friday 2024, list announcement October 1st so we will see

IMG_7330.thumb.jpeg.f40a20dfb2c1875741860dd92147ac12.jpeg

EDIT: credit to user @deathproofas he posted it about previously under the thread about Madonna and Warner’s partnership.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I REALLY CAN'T :hearteyes: And for what we have in terms of infos, the Pattibone unreleased tracks (I'm dieing to listen to since years) are exactly six.

Well, they are actually seven, but Bring it had two versions so ...

200.gif

That would really be AMAZING:  it's not gonna happen as I dream, but I think one or two tracks from that f... session could surface this time!

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

wow

people suck

I’m so sorry I didn’t realise you was the first to post about it here it’s just been stemming onto Instagram with no credit given to you, I will update this post and mention your name

My fave album. It's IMO so perfect and cohesive that adding other tracks, no matter how good they are or how much I want them, could easily ruin the whole concept of the album. I don't think any Pettibone tracks would fit into the R&B and trip-hop style of BS. Yet, I think Love won't wait is an amazing track, criminally omitted, and It could have replaced Don't stop. Anyway, I think if these demos and unreleased track should be added, they must go into a separate disc (CD or vinyl). 

24 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

My fave album. It's IMO so perfect and cohesive that adding other tracks, no matter how good they are or how much I want them, could easily ruin the whole concept of the album. I don't think any Pettibone tracks would fit into the R&B and trip-hop style of BS. Yet, I think Love won't wait is an amazing track, criminally omitted, and It could have replaced Don't stop. Anyway, I think if these demos and unreleased track should be added, they must go into a separate disc (CD or vinyl). 

I completely agree about the quality of the album, really underrated (it's among my top 5 for sure), the Love won't wait omission mistake and the substitution of Don't stop.

At the same time, let me just add that the Pattibone session imo is interesting not to integrate the album but to enjoy and learn about the creative process, the way she took some ideas and made them evolved into something completely different as she left the work with Pattibone to follow the new R&B direction she wanted to take.

My idea is that we'll probably have at most the demos of the early Secret stage "Something's coming over", wich is told to be a house, Erotica style piece, with many differences also in terms of melody, wich could fit this annyversary release including REMIXES and demos, and (if lucky, as the only ballad) the "Inside of me" early version ("I will always have you"), also told to be very different in terms of melody and sound (apparently more acoustic like You'll see and Crazy for you). What I mean is that I hardly see her releasing new songs, never heard tracks, but just remixes and a pair of good early stages tracks.

I'm pretty sure it will be like this, but I'm almost certain they will include I'd Rather Be Your Lover with 2Pac, that one is almost a given...

22 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

Y'all imagine if it's Your Honesty, Let Down Your Guard and edits of the rest of the singles' remixes lol. I would still buy it though. :lol:

13 minutes ago, anton5000 said:

I'm pretty sure it will be like this, but I'm almost certain they will include I'd Rather Be Your Lover with 2Pac, that one is almost a given...

Is it? I feel like they'd have to get approvals for that and it may not be all that easy.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
1 hour ago, stefo said:

I completely agree about the quality of the album, really underrated (it's among my top 5 for sure), the Love won't wait omission mistake and the substitution of Don't stop.

At the same time, let me just add that the Pattibone session imo is interesting not to integrate the album but to enjoy and learn about the creative process, the way she took some ideas and made them evolved into something completely different as she left the work with Pattibone to follow the new R&B direction she wanted to take.

My idea is that we'll probably have at most the demos of the early Secret stage "Something's coming over", wich is told to be a house, Erotica style piece, with many differences also in terms of melody, wich could fit this annyversary release including REMIXES and demos, and (if lucky, as the only ballad) the "Inside of me" early version ("I will always have you"), also told to be very different in terms of melody and sound (apparently more acoustic like You'll see and Crazy for you). What I mean is that I hardly see her releasing new songs, never heard tracks, but just remixes and a pair of good early stages tracks.

I disagree. I absolutely think that Love Won't Wait is a weak song and that Don't Stop has its rightful place on the album.

Why she (or Pettibone?) gave LWW to Gary Barlow I'll never understand. Maybe she doesn't like him.

20 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I disagree. I absolutely think that Love Won't Wait is a weak song and that Don't Stop has its rightful place on the album.

Why she (or Pettibone?) gave LWW to Gary Barlow I'll never understand. Maybe she doesn't like him.

I agree Madonna's version of Love won't wait didn't age very well, but Gary's version was a #1 single and sold 200.000 units in UK. So, I think Madonna or Shep really liked him. 

About the topic, if the rumour is true and she relases, at least, 1 or 2 unreleased songs is a very good sign for further releases. 

12 minutes ago, lap said:

I agree Madonna's version of Love won't wait didn't age very well, but Gary's version was a #1 single and sold 200.000 units in UK. So, I think Madonna or Shep really liked him. 

About the topic, if the rumour is true and she relases, at least, 1 or 2 unreleased songs is a very good sign for further releases. 

I gave it a shot and listened to Gary's version, and I still think it's a weak song, despite of sales and charts.

Npw. Like you say about the rumoured Bedtime EP. I totally agree.  :)

5 hours ago, rayofciccone said:

Just seen this on Instagram, apparently a Bedtime Stories 30th Anniversary vinyl is due for Record Store Day Black Friday 2024, list announcement October 1st so we will see

IMG_7330.thumb.jpeg.f40a20dfb2c1875741860dd92147ac12.jpeg

Thanks so much for sharing this exclusive 

So if this is gonna be similar to the American Life Mixshow should we just expect that this is what they meant by "expansive deluxe editions" instead of what I was picturing in my mind, which is what Prince's Estate is doing with his albums. If so... Im a little upset. Or do you think these are the album with not enough releasable material to make something bigger and so they just do these little things? I mean, it's still cute... Im not shitting on it. Just..... I wanted a 300 dollar proper box set with perhaps physical items and photos and behind the music type stuff.