What Madonna songs do you still hear on the radio?

Have you ever heard any of these Madonna songs on terrestrial radio lately? "Angel," "Gambler," "Rescue Me," "Causing a Commotion," "Erotica," "Justify My Love," "This Used to Be My Playground," "Bitch I'm Madonna," "Girl Gone Wild," "Jump," "You'll See," "You Must Love Me," "Hanky Panky," "Papa Don't Preach," etc.?

What Madonna songs do you still hear on the radio? I recently heard "Popular."

Do you hear a wider selection of Madonna songs on commercial playlists played in stores? (Stores either play music from the radio or commercial playlists.)

Do you still hear "Like a Prayer" considering its 7" version is still over 5 minutes long.

Brazilian AC radios play everyday almost the entirety of both Something to Remember and The Immaculate Collection tracks.

Worth of mention is that they play the ALBUM VERSIONS for most singles (Borderline, Rain are some examples) instead of REMIX VERSIONS. They even are used to play longer remixes sometimes like the Extended for PDP and the U.S. Remix for Lucky Star.

I only listen to the radio going to and from work.  But it's a station dedicated to mostly 80's songs.  I hear Madonna on it all the time, but of course it's her 80's hits.  I've heard Live to Tell many times going to work, and just the other day coming from work, I heard Crazy for You. 

Radio stations in Aus only ever play stuff from her debut-2009, nothing really beyond that anymore. I guess that's when she was most popular here... aside from Popular if that counts. Have heard these from memory in the past couple of years. I hear her in malls and supermarkets more though.

• Holiday
  • Lucky Star
  • Material Girl
  • Into The Groove
  • Papa Don't Preach
  • Open Your Heart
  • La Isla Bonita
  • Like A Prayer
  • Express Yourself
  • Cherish
  • Vogue
  • Rain
  • Secret
  • Take A Bow
  • Frozen
  • Ray Of Light
  • Music
  • Don't Tell Me
  • What It Feels Like For A Girl
  • Hollywood
  • Hung Up
  • Sorry
  • 4 Minutes
  • Give It 2 Me
  • Celebration

The usual songs on repeat: 'Like a Virgin,' 'Like a Prayer,' 'Hung Up,' 'Vogue', and 'La Isla Bonita.'

Occasionally, you'll hear 'True Blue,' 'Papa Don't Preach,' 'Into the Groove,' 'Express Yourself,' 'Frozen,' and 'Material Girl.'

In more specialized programs, they can play some classic extended remixes from the 80s, but that's like a lottery, and they're never played in full.

This is based on Spanish and Argentine radio stations.

Popular got a good amount of top 40 airplay during its run but other than that she gets played on retro leaning stations. There are two stations here in Chicago that play her every day, a mostly 80s station and a “lite fm” station i.e. light music from 80s to current.

Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, Into the Groove get played pretty much daily.

Also hear slightly less regularly- Lucky Star, Papa Don’t Preach, La Isla Bonita, Borderline, Crazy For You, Holiday, Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, True Blue.

There’s a 90s/00s station that I’ve heard Vogue on once or twice.

First of all, I would like to say that in my country the last song played on the radio was Hung Up. Madonna's later songs were simply conspicuous by their absence. Not even 4 Minutes, which some say was a worldwide hit, was apparently worthy of being programmed by radio operators in my country.

That being said, the songs that are still played on the radio and have stood the test of time (something that many songs that are popular at the time fail to do, which makes them only momentary hits that no one remembers after a while) are her greatest hits from the 80s. Specifically speaking, I would say that they are all the songs from the Inmaculate Collection except Justify My Love and Rescue Me. Songs played sporadically would be Dress you Up, Angel, Take a Bow and Music.

As a curious fact, I would like to mention that Amazing (a song that was never a single) was very popular on one of the radio stations in my country. On the other hand, Nobody Knows me (Peter Rauhofer REmix) also enjoyed great popularity to the point of being included in several black market CDs that compiled the most danceable hits of the year. How these songs reached the radio stations if they were not popular or officially released in another country, I have no idea.

Depending on the store or station in someone else’s car, I hear the following:

Holiday

Dress You Up

Angel

Into the Groove

Cherish

Deeper & Deeper

Take a Bow

Ray of Light

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don’t Tell Me

Shout out to Walmart, Sonic, Taco Bell and Subway because that’s usually where I’ve heard them. I have heard Living for Love randomly over the years in clothing stores, which is cool. And if I’ve heard other classic songs I couldn’t tell you. It was usually the above that caught me off guard and so they were memorable.

4 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I have heard Living for Love randomly over the years in clothing stores, which is cool. And if I’ve heard other classic songs I couldn’t tell you. It was usually the above that caught me off guard and so they were memorable.

Some years ago where I heard Living For Love in a Target one day and I swear it was the original leaked version, not the album one. I was like how are they playing this one???

34 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Some years ago where I heard Living For Love in a Target one day and I swear it was the original leaked version, not the album one. I was like how are they playing this one???

Omg, you just know someone gay inserted that one 😆 because who else knows about those or pays attention as we would 🥳

Italian radios usually play these songs:

Everybody

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like a Virgin

Material Girl

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

True Blue

Who's That Girl

Causing a Commotion

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Secret

Take A Bow

Frozen

Ray Of Light

The Power of Goodbye

Beautiful Stranger

American Pie

Music

Don't Tell Me

Hung Up

Sorry

Jump

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

Celebration

I don't listen to the radio at all but everywhere I go I hear Madonna in bars, shopping centres, street corners...

Holiday, Material Girl, Like a Prayer, Vogue, Rescue Me, Don't Tell Me... Sometimes more obscure songs like Sooner or Later or Don't Stop. That's when you know there's a gay working there.