Edit History

On 3/3/2024 at 6:39 PM, androiduser said:

I doubt it, Madonna likes to get to brand new material as soon as possible, after opening with an old hit, I doubt she'd pick another "older" song as the second number....

On 3/4/2024 at 1:03 PM, OHDaddy said:

Why doubt it? I have no idea what M is influenced by when deciding the setlist, but I’m sure it has something to with telling a story and making cohesive. The NRM RIT discussion is out there in the googlevers. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 3.56.52 PM.png

This is from Mike Mcnight (sound engineer) interview for madonnatribe in 2005. He said this was the setlifst in february 2004. I found the interview via way back machine. Its also legit because it mentions Devil. So swim was in place of frozen/nothing really matters

1. Vogue 
2. Swim 
3. Nobody Knows Me 
4. Express Yourself 
5. American Life (Headcleaner Mix) 
6. Burning Up 
7. Love Profusion (Headcleaner Mix) 
8. I'm So Stupid 
9. Hollywood (VMAs Mix) 
10. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You (nova música)
11. Hanky-Panky 
12. Dress You Up (in E flat) 
13. Take A Bow 
14. Bedtime Stories (video) 
15. Like A Prayer 
16. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version) 
17. Mother And Father (promo tour version) 
18. Live To Tell 
19. Into The Groove (GAP version) ou Holiday
20. Music 
21. Crazy For You (um passo abaixo) 
22. Die Another Day

https://web.archive.org/web/20070620181018/http://www.madonnaonline.com.br/entrevistas/05_02.asp

And Jamie King Interview for Mtribe

MT: Some songs in the setlist did change quite late though. I'm referring to "I'm So Stupid".

JK: Yes, "I'm So Stupid" was a big challenge. 
The third song in the set list was a big challenge. It ended up being "Frozen" but it was originally "I'm So Stupid". 
I Love that song. And fought and fought to have that song in there and we all wanted it to be in there but it just musically would not work out. Madonna is an artist and she's got to feel the songs flowing together and for her musically just couldn't work out. 
And I'm very happy it ended up being "Frozen" because it's a great song.

Actually it had gone from "Frozen" to another song which was "Swim" from "Ray of Light" and then it went back to "Stupid" and then one day I was listening to "Frozen" in my car and I said "You know Madonna I think it should be Frozen" and it was put together and it just worked perfectly.
And with the images that we had on the screen which were originally cut to "Swim", they worked really well for "Frozen".

MT: Oh, the Chris Cunningham footage? 

JK: Exactly. It had to be recut but it ended up with the same feeling. Actually it was better to "Frozen".

-----

He mentions SWIM but not nothing really matters.... Maybe that was a rumor and things got confusion over the last 20 years

I doubt it, Madonna likes to get to brand new material as soon as possible, after opening with an old hit, I doubt she'd pick another "older" song as the second number....

Why doubt it? I have no idea what M is influenced by when deciding the setlist, but I’m sure it has something to with telling a story and making cohesive. The NRM RIT discussion is out there in the googlevers. 

This is from Mike Mcnight (sound engineer) interview for madonnatribe in 2005. He said this was the setlifst in february 2004. I found the interview via way back machine. Its also legit because it mentions Devil. So swim was in place of frozen/nothing really matters

1. Vogue 
2. Swim 
3. Nobody Knows Me 
4. Express Yourself 
6. Burning Up 
8. I'm So Stupid 
9. Hollywood (VMAs Mix) 
11. Hanky-Panky 
13. Take A Bow 
15. Like A Prayer 
18. Live To Tell 
20. Music 
22. Die Another Day

https://web.archive.org/web/20070620181018/http://www.madonnaonline.com.br/entrevistas/05_02.asp

And Jamie King Interview

MT: Some songs in the setlist did change quite late though. I'm referring to "I'm So Stupid".

The third song in the set list was a big challenge. It ended up being "Frozen" but it was originally "I'm So Stupid". 
I Love that song. And fought and fought to have that song in there and we all wanted it to be in there but it just musically would not work out. Madonna is an artist and she's got to feel the songs flowing together and for her musically just couldn't work out. 

Actually it had gone from "Frozen" to another song which was "Swim" from "Ray of Light" and then it went back to "Stupid" and then one day I was listening to "Frozen" in my car and I said "You know Madonna I think it should be Frozen" and it was put together and it just worked perfectly.
And with the images that we had on the screen which were originally cut to "Swim", they worked really well for "Frozen".

JK: Exactly. It had to be recut but it ended up with the same feeling. Actually it was better to "Frozen".

-----

He mentions SWIM but not nothing really matters.... Maybe that was a rumor and things got confusion over the last 20 years

This is from Mike Mcnight (sound engineer) interview for madonnatribe in 2005. He said this was the setlift in february 2004. I found the interview via way back machine. Its also legit because it me tions Devil. So swim was in place of frozen/nothing really matters

1. Vogue 
2. Swim 
3. Nobody Knows Me 
4. Express Yourself 
6. Burning Up 
8. I'm So Stupid 
9. Hollywood (VMAs Mix) 
11. Hanky-Panky 
13. Take A Bow 
15. Like A Prayer 
18. Live To Tell 
20. Music 
22. Die Another Day

And Jamie King Interview

-----

Important Information

Terms of Use