Donna De Lory & Niki Harris: Fan Faves!

cosmicarlo818

ND_TwoFriends_Digi_sq.jpg

After the success of their magical rendition of "Rain" in 2016 (and after it brought us so much nostalgia, tears, and joy) Niki & Donna started a campaign online for fans to help them with funding for an EP that is supposed to be due out for release this year! They sure reached their goal and I believe earlier this year they started recording the EP and the photo above is the cover/artwork -- it's beautiful!

Here's the link for their main project regarding the EP along with video updates of the recording process, etc.

Niki Haris and Donna De Lory: New EP on PledgeMusic

On this EP contains one of my favorite songs ever "All Through The Night." Here is their performance of it in Hollywood's Catalina Jazz Club last May. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND IT'S PURE MAGIC!!!

Here they are doing the photoshoot for the EP:

These two ladies are doing amazing music and I hope one day Madonna reunites with them even just for one performance... it will be such an emotional reunion for myself, for many Madonna fans, and for the trio most especially. There was nothing like Madonna, Donna, and Niki together... their synergy, dynamic, and energy together onstage was like none other in pop music. When they started siinging -- it's just magic. I'm so glad they all had their time together... but as a huge M fan it's definitely one of my biggest dreams to see them together again.

mtv_show9.jpg

440px-RainGirlieShowUnderGround.jpg

Niki-Haris-Madonna-Donna-De-Lory-billboa

001MDW_Madonna_069.jpg

madonna-donna-delory-and-niki-harris_265

WE LOVE YOU NIKI + DONNA!

Niki and Donna - Home

Niki & Donna | Niki & Donna Music | Music

Niki Haris and Donna De Lory: New EP on PledgeMusic

I have to say, aside from the dvd releases of the past two tours, and tours that haven't been released... my ultimate heartbreak is that these girls no longer work with Madonna. Someone f'd up there.

It’s definitely heartbreaking! Been watching the glory tours when they were all together performing and having fun onstage.

And here’s some “inside scoop†on why these two ladies no longer work with her (which I wanna believe is false) [emoji848]

https://www.queerty.com/rebel-heart-madonnas-most-high-profile-bff-breakups-and-what-we-can-all-learn-from-them-20150411

It’s definitely heartbreaking! Been watching the glory tours when they were all together performing and having fun onstage.

And here’s some “inside scoop†on why these two ladies no longer work with her (which I wanna believe is false) [emoji848]

https://www.queerty.com/rebel-heart-madonnas-most-high-profile-bff-breakups-and-what-we-can-all-learn-from-them-20150411

To me, this is idol gossip.  Not that some animosity didn't play to some degree. But I'm inclined to believe nothing major happened.  After all, Madonna granted them permission to release their cover of "Rain".  Niki was the one who was always portrayed as if she was bitter about the break-up, but she's also stated 'Life happened".  In the end, they both seem to speak highly of Madonna, so I'm inclined to believe that Niki and Donna didn't come cheap after being on tour with Madonna all those years. I'm sure Madonna realized she could hire others much cheaper.  Then again, a lot of her shows now use pre-recorded vocals, so who needs back up anymore.  :bubblebitch:

People tend to want to move on and they never came off as bitter or resentful towards M. Working with someone for so long you're bound to bond like family, both good times and bad times so I'm positive both women are appreciative for the experience and times they've worked with Madonna over the years. Both of them speak highly of her aside from that interview of Nikki on YouTube.

I would have died to hear them sing "Living For Love" or "Deeper or Deeper" on RHT. Nikki's voice would have elevated "Living For Love" both live and on the album version.

Yes that article seemed to me like sensationalism anyway.

I’m more inclined to believe Donna pursued her solo career and now is a successful world music artist. Niki on the other hand must have had life happen to her, solo career focus, etc. Some haters on another horrid Madonna forum said that Niki really hated Madonna’s guts and was bitter and also hung out with Christopher Ciccone. Whatevs.

All I know is that M felt VOCALLY CONFIDENT with these two by her side all those years! I also learned that the two lent vocals on “Deeper & Deeper.â€

I would’ve BURST INTO EMOTION if they reunited for LFL and joined her on the performances and even on tour!

Praying a reunion will happen.

I think it is now released as they are sending copies to the pledgers, but I don't know how much it is distributed. To be honest, not all the tracks are as good as All through the night which has always been a favourite of mine. But I am glad to have given my support to N&D in memory of their big contribution to Madonna's music, they are sooo missed.

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link as it is an official release @@Fighter

I think it is now released as they are sending copies to the pledgers, but I don't know how much it is distributed. To be honest, not all the tracks are as good as All through the night which has always been a favourite of mine. But I am glad to have given my support to N&D in memory of their big contribution to Madonna's music, they are sooo missed.

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link as it is an official release @@Fighter

Ohi @@Enrico would you share the tracklist instead? I'm curious about the songs chosen for the project. Thanx   :Madonna038:

Two friends

I know you, I live you (Chaka Kahn)

Blessed to be a witness (Ben Harper)

All through the night

When we're gone, long gone

@@stefo

Yaaaaassss! 

This is only an EP. Perhaps a followup to "Rain"

Can't wait for their full album of original music soon.

I mean, have you heard them do Donna's "Kinder" ?

Just wow!

Sorry, boring. As much as I love Nikki's voice.

And "Two Friends"? Wow. Very creative. (not) Lack of real content.Just two singers.

Why do they cover stuff...they sure can handle new songs, their voices are good enough for that.

I agree with you on the album title.

Could've been something spiritual along the lines of Donna's world music/spiritual music.

And it's just an EP for now. Hopefully they'll do an album of their own compositions.

Check out their duet of "Kinder" if you haven't already  :cute:

Reminds me of the show Dreamgirls. I have a feeling the three of them will cross paths on stage again. When the three of them are old and grey getting back into their cones and causing a commotion for a Vegas show. I can feel it.

"I got the moves baby, 

you got the lotion."

- Niki Haris, Truth or Dare 

:lol:

Archived