Celebrities talk about Madonna

NowRadiate

Yes ElectrickOrus98 you ARE trying to stir shit upThat clip is like 20 years old and they've both said positive things about each other since thenAnd do we really care what Mariah said about Madonna anyway? It has no bearing on my present life at allI can't even name 5 Mariah songs

Yes ElectrickOrus98 you ARE trying to stir shit upThat clip is like 20 years old and they've both said positive things about each other since thenAnd do we really care what Mariah said about Madonna anyway? It has no bearing on my present life at allI can't even name 5 Mariah songs

No, I wasn't, I left that clear since the beginning. I also like Mariah, so why would I try to make people say nasty things about her or make of this thread a ''Trojan War''? I know them both have said really nice things about each other in the past years, the thing is that I find the comment she made on that video both funny and ironic. No need to be rude  :stare:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know if Stephen Sondheim has ever talked about working with Madonna and vice versa?

The only thing I've ever found was a quote from Sondheim talking about Leonard Bernstein and saying "Lenny suffered from something Madonna, when I worked with her, called Important-itis."

‘Same Love’ singer Mary Lambert: ‘Madonna wiped away my tears’

http://attitude.co.uk/same-love-singer-mary-lambert-madonna-wiped-away-my-tears/

...Standing with her arm around Lambert, singing the Same Love lyrics with her must have been the greatest moment of her career? “Yeah it’s up there!†she giggles. “We had intense rehearsals, like four 3 hour rehearsals, so we spent a lot of time together, it was amazing. I mean, she’s Madonna! It was really exciting because we were trying to figure out how to best make the two songs mash and she would be like ‘How do you do this part’ and I’d be stammering like, ‘I sing it like this, but you don’t have to, you can do whatever you want!’ I was really nervous. But she was really sweet.â€

Posted Image

Watching the clip back on YouTube, it’s hard not to get teary eyed, and Lambert herself lets it all out towards the end. “I cry all the time and we were at the very last rehearsal and I cried for collectively like six hours during one of the rehearsals, but Madonna came over and wiped the tears off of my face, and I was like ‘I’m dead!’ I haven’t washed my face since!â€

“I think the world changes because of social and political facets and I am proud to say that we’re part of a pop cultural movement – especially the Grammy performance. That is something you can point to and say ‘this is important’, and the reason I was crying so much was because, it wasn’t just big in my career – it meant so much to me as a lesbian and as part of the community, and that I get to do this in my lifetime, I get to witness it, and be there, and be a part of it, and that feels really big. It feels important. I’m proud to be a visible figure in some way. It’s OK. It’s OK to be exactly who you are, people love and accept you for exactly who you are. I’m like, a plus sized bipolar lesbian that talks about social issues,†she laughs heartily, “and if I am up here on a platform getting to do those things, I think there is definitely positive change in the world. I never thought I was going to be able to do this.â€

Cyndi Lauper: Good for Madonna for doing her thing!

Cyndi Lauper is bringing her lauded Broadway musical Kinky Boots to Toronto. The Toronto Sun asked her about her Tony Award, bucket list, her longevity in music and Madonna…

Toronto Sun: Your contemporary Madonna is still plugging away, too, but she’s facing a lot of ageism. Does that piss you off?

Cyndi Lauper: Good for Madonna for doing her thing! The media does that all the f—ing time! You might as well put a paper bag over your head and sing as an unknown singer to find peace. Hands down, it’s bulls—. Music is not about the money. It’s about the f—ing craft. You have to work your whole life to be great. That bulls— we were all told in the ’80s – that we’re a disposable art form – only came from the suits. I didn’t work hard my whole life to become a suit who controls everything people hear. If you want to listen to your heart, and [wield autonomy], there’s much more wealth and worth in that.

C-List TV star on the Broadway show fiasco. Maybe if he wasn't so dull and cookie cutter she'd have been paying attention. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jonathan-groff-gay-hollywood_559d57fde4b05b1d028f8511

He opened up about past relationships with Zachary Quinto and Gavin Creel in the interview, noting that, in his experience, dating fellow actors is no more or less challenging than those in other industries. 

"When I was dating Gavin and dating Zach, it was more about the people they were instead of the actors they were, which is the same about the people who aren’t actors that I’ve dated," he says. 

He's perhaps less diplomatic when it comes to Madonna, who reportedly texted throughout an off-Broadway performance of "Hamilton" at New York's Public Theater. (The singer's spokeswoman has denied the claim

When Sessums asks if he was disappointed that "Hamilton" composer Lin-Manuel Miranda barred the Material Girl from visiting cast members backstage, Groff replies, "No. Because that bitch was on her phone. You couldn’t miss it from the stage. It was a black void of the audience in front of us and her face there perfectly lit by the light of her iPhone through three-quarters of the show."

Diplo on Madonna

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/diplo-on-madonna-bieber-and-why-he-doesnt-hate-on-edm-20150714?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rollingstone%2FMeUH+%28RollingStone.com%3A+Latest+News%29

You co-produced several songs on Madonna's new one, including her new single. What do you make of the ageism she faces?
She created the world we live in. It already sucks to be a woman in the music industry, but to be a boss woman is even harder. She sold out her tour in minutes, but no one seems to want her to succeed — "Madonna, we've been there, done that, now we're about Kim Kardashian." Her song "Ghosttown" was a guaranteed Number One for anybody else, but she didn't get a fair shot. With "Bitch I'm Madonna," everyone said there's no way it will go anywhere, but I'm like, "Screw it, it represents you more than anything."

Rock group Vamps would go with Linkin Park, Madonna and Babymetal for their fantasy festival lineup

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2015/07/09/music/rock-group-vamps-go-linkin-park-madonna-babymetal-fantasy-festival-lineup/#.VaaCWPlVikq

“Madonna would bring the glamor, everything she does is so big and incredible. "

Another interview with Patrick Leonard, He talks about how he met Madonna and the songs he's done with her. It's in French though, I don't know if it's a translation of an English article or not : http://www.yuzu-melodies.fr/Patrick-Leonard-revient-sur-sa-carriere-et-sa-fructueuse-collaboration-avec-Madonna_a2035.html

In short, he said that they met after Madonna's manager called his, Madonna was looking for a band for her first tour, and she wanted Patrick after she saw "The Victiry" tour, by the jacksons. On tour they started working on True Blue, the first song they produced was « Love Makes the World Go Round », played at the Live Aid. He then built his own studio and bought a sport car after True Blue :)

About like a prayer, he said that it took them 1 or 2 days to write each song. He also said that the label and Madonna's manager did not "feel" Like a prayer (the song), and didn't like it as a single :lol:

He was also asked if it's Madonna's voice on "Scheherazade", and he said :"I'll never tell" hmmmm :owy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-tyson-madonna-music-video-iconic_55a537dde4b0a47ac15d73ae

Mike Tyson’s career as an actor has landed him a special appearance alongside one of pop music’s most celebrated icons.

During last weekend’s annual Comic-Con, the former heavyweight boxing champ dished toTVLine.com on details surrounding his cameo in Madonna’s forthcoming music video, â€œIconic.â€

“I’m in a cage. I’m a hostage. I’m chained. It’s just crazy. I’m naked. I just look like a savage,†he stated before adding, “but it looks intense, and it’s like ‘whoa.’ But when I [shot] it it didn’t seem that intense. But then you watch it and go, ‘Whoa.’ It looks like one of those [books] National Geographic or something… I need to be tamed.â€

While Tyson stated that he doesn’t know if he’s “going to get some slack†from critics for the clip, it appears recording his vocals for the track -- which is featured on the Material Girl’slatest album “Rebel Heart†-- was also an “intense†experience. Earlier this year Tyson explained to Rolling Stone how his role in the song came to be during a visit to one of Madonna’s recording sessions. 

"I didn't know what the hell I was going there for. I'm just there having a good time and hanging out with Madonna,†he recalled during the interview. “She has her producer there and I go into the studio and I didn't know if she wanted me to talk or rap.â€

“I just go in there and start talking. I'm talking about my life and things that I have endured. I'm saying some really crazy stuff. It was really intense."

Boy George: "Madonna doesn't have anything to prove to anyone; she's Madonna!"

For the promotion of Culture Club’s reunion tour, Boy George was interviewed by Between The Lines News and talked about various topics…  http://www.pridesource.com/article.html?article=72438

On the Madonna vs. Lady Gaga rivalry…

I’m not saying this to diss Madonna at all – I mean, Madonna doesn’t have anything to prove to anyone; she’s Madonna! – but I really felt all those comparisons were a bit stupid. Of course someone like Lady Gaga, who’s younger than Madonna, is gonna be influenced by Madonna. It’s a complete compliment. That’s how you have to view it. Whenever I see anybody working a look that I might’ve had back in the day – I’ve done it. Why do I need to get upset about it?

On pop culture…

There really aren’t many artists around or anybody that stands out. It’s a weird time for pop culture, and I suppose you can only measure current pop culture by what it was like when you were doing your thing. So, I’m always gonna measure it by what I’ve grown up with: David Bowie, Annie Lennox, Prince, Madonna… Of course I’m gonna measure it by that, and I don’t see any of that around at the moment. I mean, Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Rihanna – they’re working a bit of a hot look. More the girls.