Game: + and - of Madonna Songs

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like A Flower

+ that glorious D# chord on the chorus! it gets me every single time! the atmosphere behind the song, the instruments slowly fading out leaving just the acoustic guitar, M's vocal performance, the drum sequence, everything!

- being a little more objective, it lacks the quality of the rest of the Ray Of Light tracks. and Laura Pausini's version doesn't make it any justice (it literally changed the theme of the song from "i know it's over but i will remember the good things" to "please don't go i'm nothing without you" which is the complete opposite).

next song: Dance 2night.

Like A flower:Pos: has a nice ambient feel. Like the guitar.Neg: as it's a demo, it sounds "incomplete" slightly. Only a slight negative and of course I know it would have sounded better if it had made it onto the album.Next song: I Know It?

Sorry this is a mess lol, I should have just edited my post to rate dance2night. Dance2night:Pos: like the overall funk sound of the song. Neg: only minor but I think the tempo is a bit slow and ploddy, if that makes sense? Next song: I Know it

I've been so busy with my countdown, I forgot to play my game!

Did You Do It?

Positive: I love the remixy rapping over the Waiting instrumental. And the lyrics are pretty gross, which is awesome.

Negative: More Madonna than "waiting... for you..." please

Next: Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Positive: This is pure life. The production it's amazing!

Negative: It wasn't a freaking single, nuff said.

Next up is WIFLFAG (Paul Oakenfold Perfecto Mix) *I've been listening to this remix in loop for the last 4 hours, sorry :v*

"Nothing Fails"

Positive: Everything. This song is like heaven. The short guitar intro, the lyrics, those pulsating synthezator sounds, her voice. Honestly, it's totally in my top 10.

Negative: M. didn't write it herself....

Next: "Living for Love".

I Deserve It

Positive: It's placed perfectly on the album, after Music, Runaway Lover and Impressive Instant (all of them dance tracks) feels like a fresh breeze, very relaxed. 

Negative: Even if I like the song, I found myself skipping it a lot.

Next up is Words

Gang Bang:

+ the atmosphere that creates. you feel like you're actually gonna kill someone // the "drive bitch!" part.

- her vocals are a little monotone on the verses. it feels like a compulation of car sounds more than an actual song.

next song: Bitch I'm Madonna (ft. Nicki Minaj)

I'm So Stupid

Positive: Although many people dislike it, I think it's a really strong track, not the best on the album, but it has it's potential.

Negative: She didn't use it on the Re-Invention Tour, and that's really bad since the tour mix sounds gorgeous.

EDIT: @@DickTracy beating me for a sec ;Nnnn

Like A Virgin

Positive: Love love love this song

Negative: Her vocal sounds a bit too "chimpunk"ish

Next: Time Stood Still

Alone with you

+ve: "Look it up".  I'd like to think that is what she used to say to Brahim, Hence the shade with the teacup in the Barbara Walters interview.

-ve: Never made it to a final version, would have loved a big 80's tune like Flashdance or Fame

Next: Mer girl

Archived