Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite all the positivity, now the press are trashing her AGAIN for trying to premiere a video on an app.

With good reason.

Also, what's the point of premiering a video on a random app? I mean, what are the advantages over releasing it on vevo?

With good reason.

Also, what's the point of premiering a video on a random app? I mean, what are the advantages over releasing it on vevo?

Not when it comes hand in hand with ageism. It's ok to try new things, but if she wanted to live stream a music video, it should've been done on Youtube where they have what it takes to pull it off...

"Respect Madonna. She’s done a lot for you. She still makes great work. She’s still the Queen."

http://www.newnownext.com/no-madonna-is-not-an-old/04/2015/?utm=share_twitter

Ageism Is Getting Old: In Defense Of Madonna's "Ghosttown"

No, Madonna Is Not “An Oldâ€

Posted Image
Madonna’s latest video for her current single, “Ghosttown,†is getting a lot of attention. Not because it’s arguably her greatest artistic achievement in years, but because upon it’s release certain critics on the internet cried out, “OLD!†(We’re looking at you New York Magazine…)

Posted Image

It’s a low blow because it was unwarranted. A dig for the sake of it, and no one was amused.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

“Ghosttown†is not only an exquisitely crafted, bittersweet pop track, but it has a stunning and meaningful video to go with it.

The end is nigh, but the wig is flawless; and the only way to win is to love. Quintessential modern Madonna. It’s exactly what we want from our queen. So why are people hating?

Posted Image

Madonna is 56. She’s doing what she loves. She’s vital and creative. She’s a legend that’s blazed a trail for every other artist who has and will come after her.

We should all be so lucky at ANY age to live a life like her’s.

To joke that she’s “an oldie†or “a granny†has become tired. Unless you are a professional comedian, let’s stop that.

Plus, if you truly think 56 is old you’ll be giving up too soon on life and your’s will surely be a sad and boring tale.

Without Madonna’s S.E.X. book, young hoes wouldn’t be able to live so loud and so nude on Instagram without stigma or consequence.

Without Madonna’s hugely successful body of work, younger divas wouldn’t have a chance at headlining an arena and slaying the masses.

Without Madonna’s courage to look however the f*ck she wants to at any f*cking age she is, aging would be just a slow, grey march into time.

Posted Image

Respect Madonna. She’s done a lot for you. She still makes great work. She’s still the Queen. Bow down, bitches.

"Respect Madonna. She’s done a lot for you. She still makes great work. She’s still the Queen."

http://www.newnownext.com/no-madonna-is-not-an-old/04/2015/?utm=share_twitter

Ageism Is Getting Old: In Defense Of Madonna's "Ghosttown"

No, Madonna Is Not “An Oldâ€

Posted Image

Madonna’s latest video for her current single, “Ghosttown,†is getting a lot of attention. Not because it’s arguably her greatest artistic achievement in years, but because upon it’s release certain critics on the internet cried out, “OLD!†(We’re looking at you New York Magazine…)

Posted Image

It’s a low blow because it was unwarranted. A dig for the sake of it, and no one was amused.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

“Ghosttown†is not only an exquisitely crafted, bittersweet pop track, but it has a stunning and meaningful video to go with it.

The end is nigh, but the wig is flawless; and the only way to win is to love. Quintessential modern Madonna. It’s exactly what we want from our queen. So why are people hating?

Posted Image

Madonna is 56. She’s doing what she loves. She’s vital and creative. She’s a legend that’s blazed a trail for every other artist who has and will come after her.

We should all be so lucky at ANY age to live a life like her’s.

To joke that she’s “an oldie†or “a granny†has become tired. Unless you are a professional comedian, let’s stop that.

Plus, if you truly think 56 is old you’ll be giving up too soon on life and your’s will surely be a sad and boring tale.

Without Madonna’s S.E.X. book, young hoes wouldn’t be able to live so loud and so nude on Instagram without stigma or consequence.

Without Madonna’s hugely successful body of work, younger divas wouldn’t have a chance at headlining an arena and slaying the masses.

Without Madonna’s courage to look however the f*ck she wants to at any f*cking age she is, aging would be just a slow, grey march into time.

Posted Image

Respect Madonna. She’s done a lot for you. She still makes great work. She’s still the Queen. Bow down, bitches.

THIS IS PURE SHIT!! PEOPLE CAN BE VERY MEAN...

JUST HAVE THE FACE TO HASHTAG #BOYCOTTMADONNA IDIOTS!!!

I saw the NY Mag article on my FB feed and it was like a slap in the face of decency. All the commenters felt the same. But more and more positive articles defending her and talking about ageism being wrong are coming out, because it's reaching this point of it being so incredibly pathetic and ridiculous, so that's a good thing.

To support Ghosttown on the charts I created a playlist on youtube containing hundred times the official clip. I read every watch counts on the charts, so you can launch it, and if you're doing something else you can cut the sound and let it play :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDxv0Qg_Rg&list=PLsIDhrbX5PiIuKgAYB8WCyul8JR5Sub4t

To support Ghosttown on the charts I created a playlist on youtube containing hundred times the official clip. I read every watch counts on the charts, so you can launch it, and if you're doing something else you can cut the sound and let it play :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDxv0Qg_Rg&list=PLsIDhrbX5PiIuKgAYB8WCyul8JR5Sub4t

i read somewhere that youtube only counts all the views from a certain ip as one per hour 

what I just realised, they deleted that awful microphone noise in the Video Version, I wished there would be an Album Version too without that "I switch my mic on" noise,

I looooooooooooooooooooove GT and the Video is soooooooooooooo brilliant!!!

the noise is still on the video, i checked twice  :cry:  :cry:

Archived