Coachella 2015: Madonna performs with Drake and makes out

Yung Rapunxel

It's the whole thing for me... it's getting really tough.

First there was the Grammy ass-showing with her having to admit "I couldn't help myself",

then fall at the Brits (a cape misfunction of course, but this thing was quite rarely in the headlines),

then again there was that ageist BBC Radio1 ban because -as I early read the news- "not intersting for young people",

then the poor sales (and of course everybody, reading it, thought that she had been victim of one of the hardest leakage of the last years)

and now the rapper's digust after a kiss... 

And I'm sure a lot of us would agree on the fact that she could overcome all of this, but she's got JUST one instrument:

GOOD MUSIC PROPERLY PERFORMED!! And she's got it now, so...

But she's not. Only When she preformed Ghosttown with Taylor I thought amazing, looking good, beautiful performance, sounding good. Everyone was saying how great it was. It was a high. How hot that performance was. I was a great start for this song to take off. Then the Ghostown music video and it was amazing so beautiful shocking how good it was and how good she looked. Next thing you know Jimmy Fallon show with this stupid childish look that totally said " im trying to hard " and a really childish performance of a song in my opinion she really should have left off the album entirely. Now comes this appearance no one knew about with this stupid outfit with the trashy grills again. Singing songs that are old and not meant for that R&B crowd at all. Promoting nothing, just a bad look and kiss. She led herself into the lions gate. Its like self destructive shit . I don't understand it.

I don't think your looking at the whole picture. Not sure if some of the Madonna fans understand the severity of what happened with this. Any chance of this album doing well on the charts just went down the tubes. She's the laughing stalk.People are going for blood. I've seen a lot of M drama thru out the years. I cant see anyway how she's gonna coming out of this good. I only can hope im wrong.

I do see it, i do understand that she hasnt been liked by the GP for years. Yes, the backlash is ugly and yes it hurts to see it, but she knows if she plays with fire she might get burnt. Does she DESERVE it? No. Is it to be expected, sadly? Yes. Its a shame because for the last week she was getting great press and this ends it. But what can I do? Nothing. Other than say, she looked hot, screw the haters, and Im glad she had fun....

She fancies herself a warrior (Remember that coat she was wearing a couple months ago?). Whether she actually is or isn't is a topic for another thread. And you said you've seen a lot of controversies, well so have I. This is nothing. A situation with some cheesy rapper who will never be near her league career-wise. PULEEZ. She'll be fine. The media and general public have never kissed her ass and never will, probably not even after her death.

The hottest rapper at the moment... He is big actually. But for now i refuse to believe he meant to embarras her on purpose,

I don't know what to think about this. Oh yes, I guess I'm not gonna think anything about this cause it's so random and I don't really see the point in doing that. I loved the Hung Up performance though, love when she does the original album version and not those try-hard reinvention we've heard since 2008. Were they recreating the Anaconda video or something? At the end of the day, this is just shock value.

But she's not. Only When she preformed Ghosttown with Taylor I thought amazing, looking good, beautiful performance, sounding good. Everyone was saying how great it was. It was a high. How hot that performance was. I was a great start for this song to take off. Then the Ghostown music video and it was amazing so beautiful shocking how good it was and how good she looked. Next thing you know Jimmy Fallon show with this stupid childish look that totally said " im trying to hard " and a really childish performance of a song in my opinion she really should have left off the album entirely. Now comes this appearance no one knew about with this stupid outfit with the trashy grills again. Singing songs that are old and not meant for that R&B crowd at all. Promoting nothing, just a bad look and kiss. She led herself into the lions gate. Its like self destructive shit . I don't understand it.

Jimmy Fallon was great, she has every right and reason to send a big FUCK YOU to the ageists and the haters.... but it came across very different, because it was very humorous and she showed her talent as a performer. It didnt happen this time.The good thing is that things are forgotten very quickly these days. No one will remember next week.

Jimmy Fallon was great, she has every right and reason to send a big FUCK YOU to the ageists and the haters.... but it came across very different, because it was very humorous and she showed her talent as a performer. It didnt happen this time.The good thing is that things are forgotten very quickly these days. No one will remember next week.

I really hope your right. I'm sad for my queen today.

You "Some" guys should calm down. I mean Seriously.

"There's no bad publicity, except for no publicity" in the entertainment industry.

There's only two kind of people.

the First, Smart and brave enough which can use it.

And Second one is stupid and coward artist which just hide and whining.

Madonna is the former.

Madonna will use this buzz wisely and she will bring the great performance at the big show and show to the whole world that Why she is the One and only Queen of Pop.

I clearly remember that some "fans" whining that "ewww Ghosttown video and her performance at Iheart radio awards failed bring the people's attention. It's not enough for Big Buzz ewwww She needs more publicity!! ewwww"

Then they are whining about these huge headlines all around worlds NOW.

"ewwww It's bad publicity!! too much buzz ewwwwww" :clapp:

Just Sit down and calm down.

She is the Media Queen. The genius.

OK?

We are talking about MADONNA right now. Not a average pop star.

all in all it seems to be a mistake. from what i gather from volunteering at a music festival near my home, most festivals have less rehearsal time than a dedicated concert show. any performers that are on tour usually dispense with any larger productions they may have from their tour set to streamline it due to the shortened time slot, changeover at each stage, and the differing conditions (inside/outside/tent/fixed stage/the lighting apparatus/electrical hookups/ etc etc).

if there was rehearsal for this, which i assume there was, the kiss probably wasn't rehearsed and was instead something she thought of in the moment. or, if it was rehearsed, there was probably something different during the set; the speculated grillz, maybe it was longer or rougher than what was rehearsed, or the lipstick reason that's been given. who knows. drake is a professional, and one of the most popular rappers at the moment. after the song and the invitation to guest with him, it doesnt make sense for it to be something he did maliciously. personally, i think it was the grillz. the fact that he's responded with the lipstick excuse and and the favorable pre-reaction instagram post (a shot chosen ?specifically? where it looks like it was something he was reciprocating, eg with the hand on her head) means he's trying to smooth it over.

it just looks like something that backfired. and considering the demographics of coachella, and the lack of a lot of pre-existing crossover in fanbases, it couldve, if handled better and with better song choice, have been great exposure in a friendly atmosphere (just like the jimmy fallon appearance, bless his little stan heart). even now, some press is positive, or at least neutral on the entire event, but the internet is.... the internet. 

Posted Image

The last four pages since I stopped reading. Madonna is making more headlines in her 5 minutes at Coachella than artists who played entire sets did.

Also her outfit was so on point and so Coachella. Who designed it? Looks Moschino or Yves Saint Laurent.

+1 

I honestly did not know that Coachella festival was already opening until I saw the Madonna News.

She basically steal the entire festival.

The last four pages since I stopped reading. Madonna is making more headlines in her 5 minutes at Coachella than artists who played entire sets did. 

Exactly. How can people say she's "irrelevant" when they just keep talking about her? :smokey:

A queen never dies, and I find it legendary that she is still going strong after 30+ years in the business. She has been on fire this year.