Your Favorite Madonna Mixes

Voguerista

I'm quite fond of the 12 inch mixes which the songs are simply extended versions of the album/single version. My introdcution to 12 inches took place in late '86 when I came across this one. I remember freaking out at the end where she says "Well, are you going to go out with me or not" and "What's a matter, scared of me something?"

While I adore "Burning Up", the 12 inch version and the UK alternate mix were my favorite versions. They were more edgier and rock oriented:

Again, not significantly different from the original with the exception of the lengthy intro and outro and instrumental in the middle. But this was awesome back in the day:

My fond memory of when this mix was released, it's when 45 Vinyl single records were vanishing from the stores and Cassette singles were the popular way to purchase singles. However when this single came out with it's remixes, CD were becoming really popular. At the time, CD singles came out, but they were much smaller than your standard CD. You had to buy an adapter for it to play in most CD players. These CD singles were very shortly lived as by the 90's, CD singles became standard CD size.

When Like A Prayer was released, believe it or not, I wasn't fond of the song "Express Yourself". That was shortly lived when the video came out and the release of the 7 inch single mix which was more popular than the album version:

But, really...

This is actually the Above and Beyond Extended mix.

Now there is a mix of WIFLFAG called: "What It Feels Like For A Girl (George Best Saturday Night Mix)" that I recall is my most favorite mix. It was a promotional rare mix and it surfaced on the internet some years ago, but I can't find it now.

I also love this OfferNism mix. Extremely epic:

This was the only official remix I liked of the GMAYL remixes. Not sure what they were thinking because the slowed down vocals on the other mixes made me feel nauseous.