Madame X Tour | Chicago

SecretProject

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I love her and I want her to be ok, but this whole idea of a theater tour is a disaster and the fact that we’re celebrating making 10 million from 16 dates when we could’ve celebrated 8 million per date in a stadium tour with big budget production makes me sad. 

You should consider other things to be sad of. In our actual world, I assure you that it's easy

Everybody knew, even M's team, that a theatre tour would make less money than a stadium.

She has decided to do a theatre tour. She has expressed her wish to do so years ago. AND it fits with the intimacy needed with the concept of Madame X.

10 millions from 16 concerts in a theatre is great. 

You don't like the idea of theatre. You have repeated this so many times that everybody have understood here.

So you can move on and go ahead

57 minutes ago, madenis said:

You should consider other things to be sad of. In our actual world, I assure you that it's easy

Everybody knew, even M's team, that a theatre tour would make less money than a stadium.

She has decided to do a theatre tour. She has expressed her wish to do so years ago. AND it fits with the intimacy needed with the concept of Madame X.

10 millions from 16 concerts in a theatre is great. 

You don't like the idea of theatre. You have repeated this so many times that everybody have understood here.

So you can move on and go ahead

Or what? 
I also understood that the same 10 faces who went to every show so far said positive things about a mediocre low budget experience and I get it, are you gonna tell them to move on and go ahead too or is self expression only encouraged when it’s blind ass kissing?

9 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Or what? 
I also understood that the same 10 faces who went to every show so far said positive things about a mediocre low budget experience and I get it, are you gonna tell them to move on and go ahead too or is self expression only encouraged when it’s blind ass kissing?

#trollalert

the show was praised, not only by fans, but also by the press

Did you attend the show ?

7 hours ago, Angelo said:

And @Fighter?I did it in the past

but I don’t know how to thank you for the “ignore list”. Thank u so much ??❤️

This!!! Adding: I love this forum so much. And fighter and his staff have been nothing but awesome to us. They listen and try to be fair as they can to everyone. It's like Christmas every day hear for everyone here. I'm so thankful. To trolls or anyone being disrespectful or trying to put out anyone's light, Madonna's light, or this forum's light, you go on ignore. 

from above link: 

A 11.20 PM start and a 1.55 finish for Sunday’s Madame X show at The Chicago Theatre. Those who were worried about a more-than-average number of tickets for the night available on Ticketmaster in the past few days will be happy to know that the whole venue was full, including the balcony.

Donald Trump was a main topic in the comedy moments throught the show, as he will make will make his first presidential visit to Chicago today, 28 October.

The Polaroid selfie went to Don, DJ from Chicago club Big Chicks, for $4,200. He was wearing his Raising Malawi shirt and Madonna commented that is where the money is going.

The Beer Fan chair seems to have finished, there was no beer bitch again last night, Madonna sat on the steps and one of her dancers brought her the beer.
She chatted briefly to a guy in the front, asking what he was drinking. He said Cabernet. She smelled it and said it smelled like vinegar.
Madonna said drinking bad wine is a sin.

Madame X will be on the stage of The Chicago Theatre for her final show in town tonight, a reschedule from the original opening night that was moved back. San Francisco is next, with three show at the Golden Gate Theatre starting Saturday, 2nd November.

Thanks to our friend Dave.

1 hour ago, madenis said:

#trollalert

the show was praised, not only by fans, but also by the press

Did you attend the show ?

Good that it was praised. Just because it was praised doesn’t mean it can’t be criticized. It’s art, there’s no objective truth about it. Can you enjoy it? Sure. Can you love it for it is? Yes. Can you dislike it? Absolutely. Is it as Hugh budget as MDNA Tour? Objectively not.

14 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Good that it was praised. Just because it was praised doesn’t mean it can’t be criticized. It’s art, there’s no objective truth about it. Can you enjoy it? Sure. Can you love it for it is? Yes. Can you dislike it? Absolutely. Is it as Hugh budget as MDNA Tour? Objectively not.

I've never said it can't be criticized nor you can't dislike it. Even though it's quite stupid to dislike something you haven't attended. I let you read my post again

Do they have to put a high budget in every tour she does ? Objectively not :)

26 minutes ago, madenis said:

I've never said it can't be criticized nor you can't dislike it. Even though it's quite stupid to dislike something you haven't attended. I let you read my post again

The question is: do we really know if the budget is high or not??? By impressions?? 
answer: I think not 

2nd option: who cares...

2 hours ago, madenis said:

Who said anything about "have to"? I'm just saying it looks cheap so far, and the lower budget plays a huge part in that, whether it's the outfit that we all saw, the set design or anything else.

Also, just for the record, I've only been to MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart tour and I had no good internet back in Iraq when Drowned World, Re-Invention and Confessions Tour launched and at the time there was no YouTube up either and I was very much hyped just from fan and press photos of these tours or tiny clips, but I don't feel that from this one, so no you don't need to be present in a show to judge it really especially when there's enough material to tell what it's like and what I saw is enough for me to say that it pales in comparison to MDNA Tour.

Also, I'm not saying you can't enjoy it. I'm just saying it looks bad from what I've seen so far. Like you don't even have to understand it, just deal with the fact that I don't like it and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as the ass kissers and paid journalists.

16 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Because they moved the people from the balcony down. Would you like to see what it looked like a few hours ago?

Actually no!! Those who WERE THERE said majority of the seats were filled.  So yes, they did sell those tickets. You’re right in the morning there were lots of seats, but they obviously sold them... at a reduced price that is. 

I really do think it’s something to be celebrated.

37 years into her career and she’s still touring. 

I may have my criticisms of her as a performer lately, but ultimately what she’s done and is continuing to do is absolutely brilliant. Meanwhile other artists of her era can’t even sell out one night in a small Vegas theatre. 

bravo Madonna. 

I just got back home from Chicago. I adore this tour. She was fantastic. The show looked sold out, including the balcony because I checked. There was no moving people around.

The tour costumes are gorgeous, including the intro George Washington which a lot of ppl don't seem to dig. After LAP a lot of people left and I was able to get pretty close to the stage. She walked right past me as she walked through the audience and left! She looks much bigger on stage, a commanding presence, but when she walks right past you can see how tiny she is lol.

When she did the hand stand during Human Nature the audience really cheered. She was having some technical difficulties with the door to the circle and said goddamit as she closed it lol. I really enjoyed American Life too. She was doing some kind of dancing move of crossing her arms into an X. She didn't dance as much as usual but when she did, like during Crave, she was so good. A seasoned professional live performer in every sense. I'm rambling now but just wanna say if people are getting you down about this tour... DON'T. It is very unique and special. People are bringing stacks of cash for the Polariod for pete's sake. She knows what she's doing. The tour is a success and I think could very well go down as one of the best Madonna experiences a fan could have.

5 minutes ago, Winn said:

I just got back home from Chicago. I adore this tour. She was fantastic. The show looked sold out, including the balcony because I checked. There was no moving people around.

The tour costumes are gorgeous, including the intro George Washington which a lot of ppl don't seem to dig. After LAP a lot of people left and I was able to get pretty close to the stage. She walked right past me as she walked through the audience and left! She looks much bigger on stage, a commanding presence, but when she walks right past you can see how tiny she is lol.

When she did the hand stand during Human Nature the audience really cheered. She was having some technical difficulties with the door to the circle and said goddamit as she closed it lol. I really enjoyed American Life too. She was doing some kind of dancing move of crossing her arms into an X. She didn't dance as much as usual but when she did, like during Crave, she was so good. A seasoned professional live performer in every sense. I'm rambling now but just wanna say if people are getting you down about this tour... DON'T. It is very unique and special. People are bringing stacks of cash for the Polariod for pete's sake. She knows what she's doing. The tour is a success and I think could very well go down as one of the best Madonna experiences a fan could have.

Wow! Just what I hoped you'd say. Wonderful review. I can feel the magic in your words. Thank you thank you so much. Xxx

6 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Wow! Just what I hoped you'd say. Wonderful review. I can feel the magic in your words. Thank you thank you so much. Xxx

I've left so much out because I'm exhausted. This is my 6th time seeing her too, I've been going to her tours since Who's That Girl. The intimate nature of this one just puts it on another level.

I'm jealous of everyone going to the future shows. I wish it was me! I wanna go to them all!

35 minutes ago, Winn said:

I've left so much out because I'm exhausted. This is my 6th time seeing her too, I've been going to her tours since Who's That Girl. The intimate nature of this one just puts it on another level.

I'm jealous of everyone going to the future shows. I wish it was me! I wanna go to them all!

So cool!!! I love your excitement. After you rest up , tell us more .....like on your most favorite performances. Is Frozen really good like everyone says? Was the dancing  really good? 

16 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

So cool!!! I love your excitement. After you rest up , tell us more .....like on your most favorite performances. Is Frozen really good like everyone says? Was the dancing  really good? 

Frozen was excellent and I was skeptical because I remember the days, like a lot of us do, where the video would've been of her not someone else. But since this song is about loving someone else and the video is who she is singing to, it makes sense that video is of Lola. It was a beautiful performance. It looked like Madonna was floating in the air.

My favorite is God Control. I also liked I Rise because I was so close to her, and Come Alive was really good too. It was a lot like I'm A Sinner from MDNA Tour, but better and brighter. She came in left of stage doing some crazy frantic dance that was wonderful. This tour needs to be filmed. There's so much I wanna go back and see.

Edited by Winn (see edit history)

5 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

you don't need to be present in a show to judge it really especially when there's enough material to tell what it's like and what I saw is enough for me to say that it pales in comparison to MDNA Tour.

You have nothing to judge the show lol. some pics or extracts. But nothing to judge a whole show.

AND YES, you need to be present to feel the show, the message, the atmosphere. 

5 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

just deal with the fact that I don't like it and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as the ass kissers and paid journalists.

It's funny how you try to show you as superior and more intelligent than the others.

Two choices in your wonderful brain :

be an ass kisser (or be paid) as the one who likes the show.

- be a free thinker as the one who criticize the show.

= BASIC TROLL SPEECH

(BTW, even Rolling Stone has given a great review of the tour whereas they haven't liked the album. Why does her team would pay for a tour review but not for an album review ?)

20 minutes ago, Winn said:

Frozen was excellent and I was skeptical because I remember the days, like a lot of us do, where the video would've been of her not someone else. But since this song is about loving someone else and the video is who she is singing to, it makes sense that video is of Lola. It was a beautiful performance. It looked like Madonna was floating in the air.

My favorite is God Control. I also liked I Rise because I was so close to her, and Come Alive was really good too. It was a lot like I'm A Sinner from MDNA Tour, but better and brighter. She came in left of stage doing some crazy frantic dance that was wonderful. This tour needs to be filmed. There's so much I wanna go back and see.

Thank you for more! Lovess I hope so much that it gets filmed!! ???