Edit History

Warm Gun

Warm Gun

On 6/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, InterlacedGeek said:

They did it with the first tour of Mylène Farmer. A bluray release from a betacam tape from 1989 ... the result is a true insult. The worst footage you have ever seen. PAL 720x576 compressed in H264 ... 2hours concert for nearly 30 gigas ... for nothing.

This is what you get ... and it was shot on celluloid at the time ... SHAME :-(

58346999_Clipboard1.jpg.38242b7fc2bdce8e00cbd6f6d9cfffb7.jpg

This Universal Blu-ray arrived in my mail today. The uncompressed rip is 21 GB. It's obviously a single layered Blu-ray, which have a capacity of 25 GB, not nearly 30. Yes, a bitrate of 26.8 mbps is ridiculous for a 720x576 anamorphic resolution, but I'd rather have a ridiculously high bitrate than a low bitrate. The fat grain and alternate DTS-HD MA 5.1 (Which may be a useless track. I'll find out later.) would definitely cut into the bitrate on a DVD. What's the point of complaining about H264 when every Blu-ray on the market uses that compression (possibly partly for compatibility with existing Blu-ray players) or the abandoned VC-1. I would rather have a movie edited on video in its max resolution than upscaled to HD. Plenty of SD movies are encoded in 1920x1080 on Blu-ray, which just wastes data. 

Mylene-Farmer-en-concert-1989-BD-mkv-sna

Warm Gun

Warm Gun

On 6/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, InterlacedGeek said:

They did it with the first tour of Mylène Farmer. A bluray release from a betacam tape from 1989 ... the result is a true insult. The worst footage you have ever seen. PAL 720x576 compressed in H264 ... 2hours concert for nearly 30 gigas ... for nothing.

This is what you get ... and it was shot on celluloid at the time ... SHAME :-(

58346999_Clipboard1.jpg.38242b7fc2bdce8e00cbd6f6d9cfffb7.jpg

This Universal Blu-ray arrived in my mail today. The uncompressed rip is 21 GB. It's obviously a single layered Blu-ray, which have a capacity of 25 GB, not nearly 30. Yes, a bitrate of 26.8 mbps is ridiculous for a 720x576 anamorphic resolution, but I'd rather have a ridiculously high bitrate than a low bitrate. The fat grain and alternate DTS-HD MA 5.1 (Which may be a useless track. I'll find out later.) would definitely cut into the bitrate on a DVD. What's the point of complaining about H264 when every Blu-ray on the market uses that compression (possibly partly for compatibility with existing Blu-ray players). I would rather have a movie edited on video in its max resolution than upscaled to HD. Plenty of SD movies are encoded in 1920x1080 on Blu-ray, which just wastes data. 

Mylene-Farmer-en-concert-1989-BD-mkv-sna

Important Information

Terms of Use