Billboard Picks Tracy Young and Madonna's Crave For Coronavirus Stay-at-Home DJ Picks

Voguerista

This is awesome! I love Tracy's Young's mix for Crave!

Still Mixing It Up While Clubs Are Closed: Madonna, Ava Max, Fatboy Slim & More Stay-at-Home DJ Picks

Each week, Billboard is polling club DJs with venues shuttered due to the coronavirus.

With clubs closed across the country and Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart on hiatus, we're asking reporting club DJs what they've been listening to lately -- while at home, of course.

This week, we spoke with Delaware DJ Knappy, Seattle's Randy Schlager and Miami's Tracy Young.

Knappy has been happy with Retrovision's newest, "Feel Your Touch." He raves, "It's one of my absolute favorites right now, with its pitched-up verse vocals and massive drop. From the pre-verse strings, glitchy synths and hook build, you get sucked into a simple, yet effective future house banger."

Retrovision, teaming with Jonas Blue, earned its first Billboard No. 1 on March 7, topping Dance Club Songs with "All Night Long."

The Delaware-based Knappy (full name Knappy Laurent), who holds a residency at Bottle & Cork in Dewey Beach and plays at spots in Atlantic City, Philadelphia as well as elsewhere in Delaware, is also liking the latest from Leandro Da Silva and Ivan Cappello, "Blow Up the Night," featuring Sam Stray Wood. "This track has a catchy horn riff and funky groove that instantly gets you moving," he says. "The vocals are sparse and the beat has just the right amount of bounce."

Additionally, Knappy fancies Justin Prime and VIVID's "Don't Stop." "This track consists of raw electronic elements with a repetitive vocal sample that gets stuck in your head," he muses. "I love the harder energy this brings. There is a nice half-time break which only accentuates the build-up to the drop."

Prime earned a hit with Showtek, "Cannonball (Earthquake)" (featuring Matthew Koma), reaching No. 24 on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs in 2014, while VIVID, with Morgan Page, made the Dance/Mix Show Airplay top 20 (No. 19) last October with "Fire & Gold" (featuring Alle and Damon Sharpe).

DJ Randy Schlager, a longtime resident at Seattle's Neighbours Nightclub, says he's been digging the "solid, uplifting house vibe" of the extended mix of Italian producer Simon Ray's "Right Vibes," asserting that "the energetic, sassy soul-sister-diva vocal stabs really work."

He also praises Cosmic Dawn's extended remix of Ava Max's latest, "Kings & Queens," saying, "I had so much success with [Max's] 'Sweet But Psycho' last year, and this one has all the goods for delivering another home run with its great melody and solid, hook-driven pop appeal."

"Kings" hit No. 21 on the all-genre Digital Song Sales chart, as well as No. 3 on Switzerland Digital Song Sales and No. 10 on France Digital Song Sales in late March. On the current, April 18-dated Mexico Ingles Airplay list, it lifts 7-4.

Schlager, who also produces his own Friday night Powermix show on Seattle's influential, core-dance radio station KNHC (C89.5), adds that he's a fan of German DJ/producer Jorn van Deynhoven and South Bend, Indiana, singer Shannon Hurley's recently-released "I See It All," calling it "reminiscent of classic '90s trance: free, airy, angelic … a cool breeze escape."

Trailblazing DJ/producer Tracy Young, who this year became the first woman to win the Best Remixed Recording Grammy Award for her Pride remix of Madonna's "I Rise," says that another recent Madonna single that she remixed, "Crave" (with Swae Lee), has been "one of the most requested songs during my club sets and livestreams."

The track, which hit No. 1 on Dance Club Songs in November, was also performed live, via Young's remixed form, by Madonna over the past year. "It was an honor to be a part of the Madame X Tour setlist," Young tells Billboard.

Young, who lives in Miami and regularly plays at No. 3 Social, as well as other local and national venues, has also been liking Fatboy Slim and Eats Everything's "All the Ladies." "This is a club banger and a floor filler for sure," Young says. "I love Fatboy Slim!"

The DJ, whose remix of Alex Newell's "Boy, You Can Keep It" was recently released, is additionally grooving to the new ArtBat remix of Sono's "Keep Control." Young calls it "such a classic track" that's "always in rotation in my sets." The original "Control" spent four weeks at No. 1 on Dance Club Songs in summer 2001.