Would LFL Have Been A Hit If...?

eXtremeOccident

I've said it once and I'll say it again...it was VERY stupid of them to work with Diplo and not only make the most un-Diplo track a single but the LEAD single! Bitch I'm Madonna was the most Diplo sounding aside Unapologetic Bitch and she would've been the first major pop star to have both a trap AND hyperpop song released! Just a month or two later everyone was starting to have trap influenced singles. I really got the sense they were trying to lure old OUT OF TOUCH fans but girl, preaching to the choir was not enough and it would've been a VERY different era to lead with a song that was ahead of the curb and a true return to form. Instead we got a dated house track and boring ballad (that the old fans wanted and thought would be a hit 🙄) as the two leading singles. Imagine if she performed BIM at the grammys, i heart radio awards, and the brits. Not only would we have gotten a viral performance but a viral performance WITHOUT a fall! That one performance on Jimmy Fallon gave a boost to sales for BIM DURING the single cycle of Ghosttown. Truly a wasted opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again...it was VERY stupid of them to work with Diplo and not only make the most un-Diplo track a single but the LEAD single! Bitch I'm Madonna was the most Diplo sounding aside Unapologetic Bitch and she would've been the first major pop star to have both a trap AND hyperpop song released! Just a month or two later everyone was starting to have trap influenced singles. I really got the sense they were trying to lure old OUT OF TOUCH fans but girl, preaching to the choir was not enough and it would've been a VERY different era to lead with a song that was ahead of the curb and a true return to form. Instead we got a dated house track and boring ballad (that the old fans wanted and thought would be a hit 🙄) as the two leading singles. Imagine if she performed BIM at the grammys, i heart radio awards, and the brits. Not only would we have gotten a viral performance but a viral performance WITHOUT a fall! That one performance on Jimmy Fallon gave a boost to sales for BIM DURING the single cycle of Ghosttown. Truly a wasted opportunity. 

Totally agree.

I think LFL was an extremely safe choice. And that’s why it failed. Predictable and forgettable. Even Madonna ended up preferring the remix.

44 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Totally agree.

I think LFL was an extremely safe choice. And that’s why it failed. Predictable and forgettable. Even Madonna ended up preferring the remix.

I think she REALLY tried to undo what fans thought of MDNA and really they're kinda both the same album just with MDNA being TOO current on the nose and Rebel Heart really holding back. The main theme for both albums were Madonna and what Madonna represents/represented. I think she waited too long to release both albums. In 2010 fans kept saying they wanted her to release an album like Flesh Tone which she did...two years later. I think what also REALLY interfered was social media. We had waaaaay too much of a glimpse of what she was doing and her motto of not watching tv or read a magazine failed to cover NOT reading comments. It was also telling how she mentioned everyone kept losing stems. She's best when working one on one in isolation and i HOPE her next album she does just that WITHOUT posting who she's working with or pics inside the studio.