Paradise vs Mer Girl?

Voguerista

Paradise - as CT performance showed, I think it works on different levels. I like Mer Girl, though.

For me, HC and MDNA really miss one of these great, off-the-beaten-track songs. 

Falling Free fits it for me.

Falling Free fits it for me.

I used to think so to... but more recently when I hear it, it hasn't stood the test of time for me. The seeds were there for FF to become 'that' song, but it falls a bit flat for me these days (pun intended ;-) )

I used to think so to... but more recently when I hear it, it hasn't stood the test of time for me. The seeds were there for FF to become 'that' song, but it falls a bit flat for me these days (pun intended ;-) )

My love for the song goes deeper because she once again, included a Joe Henry  (her brother-in-law) song.  Ever since she collaborated with him back in the 90's, I always dreamed of them doing a full album together. The way she took his song "Stop" and turned it into "Don't Tell Me", is just perfect. Every song she included of his, I greatly enjoyed. In fact, I would have never guessed "Jump" was a song he originally wrote. Madonna managed to put her own magic on it, and turned it into a great Madonna song. The same goes with "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You".  But this is just pure bliss:

• 2 years later...

Archived