Edit History

luckypierre78

luckypierre78

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Is the soundtrack vs studio album argument a thing for lambs as well?

I'm pretty sure they consider it to be both at the same time (even the wikipedia article says its both a soundtrack and her eight studio album), although a lot of people want to pretend the movie that it's for never existed lol.  Maybe the difference between Glitter and I'm Breathless is that there aren't any "inspired by" songs exclusive to the album?  

The Glitter soundtrack was also notable as a studio album because it was the first released under a new $100 million deal with Virgin for five albums.  The album bombed and Virgin cancelled her contract which ended in lawsuits and Mariah signing a new contract with Island Records.  I think the fact that Glitter was released under the Virgin label and all the legal drama is why those singles will not get to streaming any time soon, if ever.

luckypierre78

luckypierre78

11 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Is the soundtrack vs studio album argument a thing for lambs as well?

I'm pretty sure they consider it to be both at the same time (even the wikipedia article says its both a soundtrack and her eight studio album), although a lot of people want to pretend the movie that it's for never existed lol.  Maybe the difference between Glitter and I'm Breathless is that there aren't any "inspired by" songs exclusive to the album?  

The Glitter soundtrack was also notable as a studio album because it was the first released under a new $100 million deal with Virgin for five albums.  The album bombed and Virgin cancelled her contract which ended in lawsuits and Mariah signing a new contract with Island Records.  I think the fact that Glitter was released under the Virgin label is why those singles will not get to streaming any time soon, if ever.

Important Information

Terms of Use