Edit History

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

I’ve always been curious why Holiday didn’t get a ‘U.S. Mix’ / ‘New Mix’ like both Borderline and Lucky Star did for their 12” singles. 

The Madonna album was already available, so wouldn’t a new mix have encouraged 12” sales more than just giving the full length album version?

ok, looking at Wikipedia am I correct that Holiday was only released on a 12” in the US backed with Lucky Star? It seems they intended a double A side, but then decided to go with Holiday and not treat it as a double A side after all? 

I’m so used to thinking of Holiday as a thrice released single in the UK, that it’s strange to see Warner in the US not squeezing more format variants out at all of her early signature song 

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

I’ve always been curious why Holiday didn’t get a ‘U.S. Mix’ / ‘New Mix’ like both Borderline and Lucky Star did for their 12” singles. 

The Madonna album was already available, so wouldn’t a new mix have encouraged 12” sales more than just giving the full length album version?

ok, looking at Wikipedia am I correct that Holiday was only released on a 12” in the US backed with Lucky Star? It seems they intended a double A side, but then decided to go with Holiday and not treat it as a double A side after all? 

Important Information

Terms of Use