MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 hours ago, tscott said:

It's all been cancelled. Even her health scare has been cancelled too. She's currently in the studio curating her next EP called "Revolutionary Contradictions". Track list is:

Candy Shop (Willy Wonka's skid-mark Mix)

Human Nature (Ain't No Big Deal Oldie but Goodie mix)

B-day Song (Making an announcement 7'' edit)

Spanish Lesson (No hablo español mix)

Batuka (non-live-demo-finished-early version)

Dear Jessie (Kanye West mix)

Vulgar (Sickick Beat Goes On a Frozen Vogue Vacation mix)

ERRR IS THIS FOR REAL ?

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

We have got this gem reissued as part of the deal :hearteyes:

https://madonnaunderground.com/mdna-2lp-vinyl-release-re-issue-july-14-2023/

I don't believe that is accurate. The deal is with Warner and, to this day, Interscope still holds the rights to MDNA, RH and MX. So no, this is not part of the deal as for today.

33 minutes ago, Nicmag said:

I don't believe that is accurate. The deal is with Warner and, to this day, Interscope still holds the rights to MDNA, RH and MX. So no, this is not part of the deal as for today.

Ehm..

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Have you noticed we haven't been serious in this thread on last 10 pages? :Madonna003:

3 hours ago, Nicmag said:

As you can see, some of us are extremely naive and gullible creatures...

So it goes to show you that people should be careful in what they share as 'facts' and be clear they are sharing an opinion.  Again, I don't buy 90% of what people post here unless there is a reputable source to back it up.  Otherwise, it's just them either trolling, making shit up or sharing an opinion of what they think or hope it is.  :)

7 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Ehm..

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Have you noticed we haven't been serious in this thread on last 10 pages? :Madonna003:

7 hours ago, Nicmag said:

You're totally right if he was being serious.  But @HC Chargewas being sarcastic. :)

7 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Guy did state that the tour and all other commitments were being postponed. M40 could have been one of those other commitments. It appears that things are starting to move back in the right direction, so perhaps we will have something announced in the coming weeks. 

The supposed insider on the Madonna Tribe forum has said earlier today that it wasn't planned and/or coming with the start of the tour anyway. So it that case it hasn't been delayed, it was simply not gonna happen now, according to this person.

But who knows.

Next week is her birthday. I'm not expecting anything at this point, but it would be a lovely date for an announcement and we know she loves her dates.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The supposed insider on the Madonna Tribe forum has said earlier today that it wasn't planned and/or coming with the start of the tour anyway. So it that case it hasn't been delayed, it was simply not gonna happen now, according to this person.

But who knows.

Next week is her birthday. I'm not expecting anything at this point, but it would be a lovely date for an announcement and we know she loves her dates.

Part of the deal includes special promotion and appearances. I doubt that Madonna was up to promoting an event as large as a fortieth anniversary.  Hopefully, now that she is better and not on active tour dury either. 

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But who knows.

I just find it interesting that Guy mentioned that the tour and all other commitments were paused. Aside from the tour, I don’t see what other commitments they had planned, other than some sort of celebration for her 40th anniversary. I may be wrong, but who knows. I guess time will tell. We know that Warner Bros are working hard on these projects because we’ve been told by reliable people on this forum, so we know they are coming. It’s just a case of trying to be a bit more patient. It’s hard. But I have a feeling they will be worth it when they finally come. 

6 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I just find it interesting that Guy mentioned that the tour and all other commitments were paused. Aside from the tour, I don’t see what other commitments they had planned, other than some sort of celebration for her 40th anniversary. I may be wrong, but who knows. I guess time will tell. We know that Warner Bros are working hard on these projects because we’ve been told by reliable people on this forum, so we know they are coming. It’s just a case of trying to be a bit more patient. It’s hard. But I have a feeling they will be worth it when they finally come. 

I think sometimes we can get too caught up on the official words when they're... well, just that, words. Same happened with the 2021 press release.

"At this time we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour" could mean there were actually other things planned or it can be just a sanitized way of saying the tour is postponed without being so harsh.

I wouldn't read too much into that, to be honest, but who knows. If there was actually something planned for July, we'll never know, unless they tell us. But she would have been on tour anyway, so...

16 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I just find it interesting that Guy mentioned that the tour and all other commitments were paused. Aside from the tour, I don’t see what other commitments they had planned, other than some sort of celebration for her 40th anniversary.

They were expecting the Madame X Tour vinyl to be a massive rollout with intense promotion. 

:Madonna005:

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think sometimes we can get too caught up on the official words when they're... well, just that, words. Same happened with the 2021 press release.

"At this time we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour" could mean there were actually other things planned or it can be just a sanitized way of saying the tour is postponed without being so harsh.

I wouldn't read too much into that, to be honest, but who knows. If there was actually something planned for July, we'll never know, unless they tell us. But she would have been on tour anyway, so...

She was just a few weeks away from premiering the tour.  What other "commitments" could there have been?  I agree.  We, as fans, try to take things a bit too literally or seriously when it may not be.  "Commitment" could have been other things tied to the tour.  Maybe there was an interview or two planned?  Maybe she had some new music planned to coincide with the tour?  Or it could have been the Re-issue.  The thing is; I just don't see how her health issue would have stopped the Re-issue which really wouldn't require her to do anything.  I can't imagine anything else would have been planned, being she was ready to go on tour.  The tour would have been the promotion behind it.  And being that didn't happen, it still doesn't mean the re-issue couldn't happen, since she was getting a ton of press still. 

I've given up any hope of a celebratory 40th re-issue of her debut album.  Still doesn't mean something won't happen, but other than us talking about it and hoping for it, there isn't any evidence that it's even been worked on.  Sigh! :Madonna007:

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But who knows.

Actually, I would not fix at her birthday date at all. To me, it doesn't make sense to announce re-issues at that date. It should be celebration of her, not music. Moreover, I think that general public doesn't even know her birthday, so it would be just a random date for them if she would start doing any promotion for M40. I honestly doubt even some fans know her birthday date, I have been listening to her music for 23 years now, but if her birthday wouldn't be mentioned on this forum, I wouldn't even notice that date. 

They missed the actual important date in her discography and that was July 27th. That was the date for any promotion of M40 (if it is even planned). Any announcement after this date is just a flop and missed opportunity. Let's be honest finally after 2 years of waiting with nothing in sight. 

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But who knows.

I am not on that forum, but if he/she is really an insider as claims that he/she can put some light on M40 in general, not just absolutely vaguely state "it has never been planned" 

What about reissues? Are they even planned anytime soon or that Warner announcement 2 years ago was a big bluff? 

What about her time in studio with Max Martin? Only for some tour remixes? 

If he/she is an insider, there is so much too reveal than just stating what anyone can be stating on internet. Just saying... 

7 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Actually, I would not fix at her birthday date at all. To me, it doesn't make sense to announce re-issues at that date. It should be celebration of her, not music. Moreover, I think that general public doesn't even know her birthday, so it would be just a random date for them if she would start doing any promotion for M40. I honestly doubt even some fans know her birthday date, I have been listening to her music for 23 years now, but if her birthday wouldn't be mentioned on this forum, I wouldn't even notice that date. 

They missed the actual important date in her discography and that was July 27th. That was the date for any promotion of M40 (if it is even planned). Any announcement after this date is just a flop and missed opportunity. Let's be honest finally after 2 years of waiting with nothing in sight. 

The Warner deal was announced on her birthday two years ago.

No one ever promised anything for the 40th anniversary of her first album. It’s all fan fiction. Rhino and Madonna released Lucky Star on streaming and it was remastered. Probably a couple other things like this coming along. And some music press covered the anniversary already. No one cares other than hardcore fans about this. I doubt they even thought about reissuing this album for the 40th anniversary. It will probably come at another time when it seems more relevant musically/culturally.