The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It was cringe in 1990, it’s way more cringe in 2023. There’s a reason those performances are not on Truth Or Dare. She knew it from the beginning. 

Edit, sorry I was replying to @missberic

Ha, I was gonna say?  What's this dude smoking? (I want some!) LOL! Thanks for clarifying before someone comes in "thanking you" for no apparent reason for razzing me.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, Roy said:

Also, I heard that some European dates are being postponed. Is it true?

It seems a couple secondary ticket sites such as Viagogo had shown several European shows postponed, but then reverted back. Some got email notices that their ticket was postponed, which cause some confusion.  We are assuming it was some weird glitch since everything is back to normal.

There is a thread about it here:

6 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I don’t even think it’s about aging.

Material Girl/Into the Groove on BA was horrible even in 1990.

I mean Madonna was a Gladys/Bounty paper towel wife during Material Girl.

Total cringe.

It’s supposed to be cringe. She is mocking the song. It’s actually brilliant.

And The Girlie Show has I’m Going Bananas….

These are fun moments. 

14 hours ago, missberic said:

I too feel like Confessions gets a lot of praise when people don't seem to remember there are pretty dull moments in the show. This may not be everyone's opinion but Live to Tell, Isaac, ILNY, ROL, Paradise and La Isla Bonita are performances I could live without.

So you want to cut some of the best moments of the show, including the best La Isla Bonita performance that she's ever staged.....got it

12 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Confessions is better than Blond Ambition. Yes Blond changed the game, the first, second and last segment are iconic. But the whole Dick Tracy/Material Girl/Into The Groove parts aged like milk. Girlie Show was waaaaay better and it’s very underrated. 

It's true but they don't want to hear it. 

The Confessions Tour is my personal pick for her best tour (though I could see an argument being made for one or two others).

It features the best reinventions of past hits she's ever had, one of the most interesting stage designs, some of her best costumes, is thematically so tight and well developed, and has some of the best choreography of her career. It was the last tour she truly sounded incredible without much assistance from outside influences to make that happen, and it has one of the best cast of dancers she's ever had.

Some moments aren't as perfect as others, but it's one of her only tours that doesn't have a true dud moment in it. 

It moves from strength to strength and is a relentless tour de force and the fact that even her non-fans all over stan twitter and music forums point to it as a tour they respect says A LOT. 

Are we now seriously dragging BA to favour Confessions? To me the only two duds in the BA setlist are WTP and NIFY, sure the Busby Berkerly segment is camp, that's what it was supposed to be. But moving from the 40's nightclub singer act of the two DT songs and then returning for the vaudeville act, which adds more fun and colour before ending with the stark redition of Vogue makes perfect sense to me. Confessions is bookended by some of her best performances, FL is definitely top three opener (albeit at 3 after BA and RIT) and Music, Erotica and Hung Up are amazing but most of the rest of the show is rather boring to me. Songs aren't as thematicly linked as before, apart from the first look the costumes are uninspired, there's no real tension in the show. Though confessions does have madonna's best solo moments like LAV, LION and LIWB and sonicly it is one of her best as well!

There is a reason why some people say that there is life before and after BAT, the same way there was a paradigm shift with DWT. She did somewhat change the formula again with MXT but because of the small capacity of the venues and the abysmal live footage people perhaps wouldn’t know. 
Let’s see how Celebration will fit.