Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Reading this thread makes me think Sunday morning is going to make interesting reading!

At this rate, you are all going to be disappointed one way or another. We all have our hopes about what is going to be in - or not in - the tour. 

I am keeping an open mind and just going to expect the unexpected. No wish list. Just rock up and see what happens.

1 hour ago, adamski1974 said:

Reading this thread makes me think Sunday morning is going to make interesting reading!

At this rate, you are all going to be disappointed one way or another. We all have our hopes about what is going to be in - or not in - the tour. 

I am keeping an open mind and just going to expect the unexpected. No wish list. Just rock up and see what happens.

If what we have read so far is true, I have absolutely no reason to complain this time but we'll see. There are still a lot of ways she could disappoint me despite my current euphoria. 😅

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

If what we have read so far is true, I have absolutely no reason to complain this time but we'll see. There are still a lot of ways she could disappoint me despite my current euphoria. 😅

Keeping my expectations low with setlists then I can only be happy!

I just keep remembering what Tony Villanueva said about the opening when he had watched rehearsals REALLY early on. "Take your vitamins, get to the gym, build up your stamina! Pace yourself! This show starts at 500 miles an hour! Just the beat alone - 2 notes is going to get you on your feet. This is what you have been waiting for."

That's all I have been focusing on.

9 minutes ago, adamski1974 said:

I just keep remembering what Tony Villanueva said about the opening when he had watched rehearsals REALLY early on. "Take your vitamins, get to the gym, build up your stamina! Pace yourself! This show starts at 500 miles an hour! Just the beat alone - 2 notes is going to get you on your feet. This is what you have been waiting for."

While M was brought back to life and on a ventilator?  I'm not knocking you, Ive heard the shows amazing. Things may have changed a little but we werent there to see the first version, maybe it hasnt but were not that selfish for her to die for us!! Youll be impressed either way. :hearteyes: It might be for the better! (seriously) we dont know what changes she makes along the way till after on tours. 

14 minutes ago, adamski1974 said:

I feel like it’s going to be Causing a Commotion, from the way he describes the opening.

As I told previously in this very same thread, "what comes from Caesar belongs to Caesar, what comes from God belongs to God."

@DanMI am actually sorry you had misunderstood me yesterday by my first reply to you. I was just talking the information you gave (M's dancer singing to Bedtime Story on Instagram) and putting the last piece of the puzzle together (Dazed's information about "keyword is live - interludes are not live"), just to confirm, if not officially confirmed, Bedtime Story's got a very strong chance of being one of the 3 classic singles that have never been performed on tour before. I thought by then it was pretty obvious to reason behind my "Enough. Read this, please." Your angry reply to me made me angrier than you and I accused you of being gross to me and asked you if you know how to read, because to me it was pretty clear I was at first not being rude to you to deserve such an answer from your part. After that I logged out from here because I didn't want to stay.

Now, with the head cooler, I realize you'd just misunderstood my "Enough, read this please." You had the full right of misunderstanding me. And I should've the empathy to recognize it and ask you forgiveness. I ain't read and I won't read your reply from yesterday to me, because it was given in a very bad climate, when things were getting worse. I just hope you get me now, and, if this isn't enough for you to get the whole scene, I only can lament. I assume my mistakes sooner or later, if I didn't I wouldn't mention you and tell you all these words. But, again, you have the right of reacting to me as you want to. I ain't being aggressive once more to you; just telling I get any reaction you're gonna have to these words. Have a good time enjoying this forum. I will do too.

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

As I told previously in this very same thread, "what comes from Caesar belongs to Caesar, what comes from God belongs to God."

@DanMI am actually sorry you had misunderstood me yesterday by my first reply to you. I was just talking the information you gave (M's dancer singing to Bedtime Story on Instagram) and putting the last piece of the puzzle together (Dazed's information about "keyword is live - interludes are not live"), just to confirm, if not officially confirmed, Bedtime Story's got a very strong chance of being one of the 3 classic singles that have never been performed on tour before. I thought by then it was pretty obvious to reason behind my "Enough. Read this, please." Your angry reply to me made me angrier than you and I accused you of being gross to me and asked you if you know how to read, because to me it was pretty clear I was at first not being rude to you to deserve such an answer from your part. After that I logged out from here because I didn't want to stay.

Now, with the head cooler, I realize you'd just misunderstood my "Enough, read this please." You had the full right of misunderstanding me. And I should've the empathy to recognize it and ask you forgiveness. I ain't read and I won't read your reply from yesterday to me, because it was given in a very bad climate, when things were getting worse. I just hope you get me now, and, if this isn't enough for you to get the whole scene, I only can lament. I assume my mistakes sooner or later, if I didn't I wouldn't mention you and tell you all these words. But, again, you have the right of reacting to me as you want to. I ain't being aggressive once more to you; just telling I get any reaction you're gonna have to these words. Have a good time enjoying this forum. I will do too.

Don’t worry much about it. I think he (and the rest of us were laughing out loud) at your response because it didn’t make any sense and seemed so funny and parody-like with everyone getting in arguments recently over set list choices and what year someone purchased a digital iTunes music video.

13 hours ago, Ekans said:

So the consensus regarding the 3 never performed on tour singles are Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story and Bad Girl, right? I was hoping we’d get Rescue Me too but apparently it’s out. I can live without it tho as long as we have such obscure tracks to appreciate live.

I wonder if anything has been hinted regarding non-singles that have never been performed live being present on TCT2 setlist?

Drowned said “3 classic tracks never been performed on tour before”

As far as I know, they haven’t clarified what is considered a “classic,” and more importantly what “never been performed on tour before” means. Does that include Bedtime Story and Rescue Me because they were interludes only or not?

12 hours ago, Jackie said:

Let’s be honest with ourselves - Madonna was never gonna do a greatest hits tour - I’m really excited to see how she interprets and celebrates her four decades - 

But…., she is doing a greatest hits tour.

We need to stop being so literal with the term “hits.” That doesn’t strictly mean all 12 #1 hits on the Hot 100. This is a tour that spans 4 decades. She’s had so many singles that have resonated with so many people. And a large number of them have permeated culture at the time of their release, despite not going number 1 or reaching the levels of Holiday, Vogue, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayet, etc…

This tour isn’t attached to a new album, and is reaching out to many groups of people outside of the hardcore fandom. To some, songs like Angel or Secret are beloved and what they are seeking to hear. Many people outside of the fandom who know and adore Confessions, love the song Get Together. That’s such a popular song across all groups of people.

The point is that a lot of these singles are recognizable and adored by the people who are attending. So at the end of the day, they are all “hits” one way or another.

1 hour ago, adamski1974 said:

I get the feeling the opening will be similar to Drowned Word and Sticky, in the sense that the audio included snippets of multiple songs featured in the show.

Maybe the opening video is a montage, a megamix of some sorts.

5 minutes ago, Messiah said:

A few days ago I saw something from a Facebook page - Madonna News - that they will be live streaming.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=857537485731004&set=pcb.857523812399038

"We will report photos and videos sharing them exclusively for you here on the page."

Doesn't really sound like a live stream...