Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

3 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

It's a greatest hits tour guys, "Physical Attraction" is not even a single. The song is good, i'm not denying, but i don't think she will take the place of a hit single for a non single. 

Technically BU/PA was a double A-side single. PA just didn't have a MV to support it unlike BU. But guess this just enters in the same territory where the discussion about the nature of I'm Breathless... comes from.

I believe the main reason why M has paid dust to PA for almost 4 decades is the beginning of all: her having to cease her copyright to the song so she could have 100% of credits and royalties for LS.

Besides Reggie gave his ok to a badly sung cover of PA to feature on a typical 80's frisky film called Fraternity Vacation and I guess M were pissed off to it the say the least.

Much likely this is the same reason why Borderline waited 23 years to be finally sung on a tour again (she had the chance to do it when she had her Evita vocals and then nothing). Given Borderline hadn't got too much M's input, was easier for her to 'forgive' the song...

7 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I’d rather have PA than old boring LAV 😂

I don’t get the obsession with Rescue Me. I love it but she doesn’t have that voice anymore. I’d rather have a ballad (This Used/I’ll Remember/You’ll See). 

Yes to all that written. LAV to me is abysmal, it's just selfparody at this point.

And, yes, she won't have RM vocals anymore. Truth needs to be told even if it hurts every single of us.

16 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Yes to all that written. LAV to me is abysmal, it's just selfparody at this point.

And, yes, she won't have RM vocals anymore. Truth needs to be told even if it hurts every single of us.

I was never a fan of LAV (song and album), I know it’s a classic and it’s probably going to be on the set list, but she did it so many times that I’m bored by it (and the latest three times she did it are my fav). 

3 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

It's a greatest hits tour guys, "Physical Attraction" is not even a single. The song is good, i'm not denying, but i don't think she will take the place of a hit single for a non single. 

Hummmmmm, great question

Physical Attraction is on You Can Dance and Finally Enough love so ie can be considered as a single. As you mentioned, it's a greatest hits tour but with a few exceptions, so does Physical Attraction can be considered as a single considering the fact Madonna already rehearsed it for previous tour ? Absolutely !

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

PA was also included on FEL instead of CAC so she clearly likes it. And it was going to be performed on MDNA (as she said on the FB interview with Fallon).

https://youtu.be/v8aQquoKunY?si=qEm3kHxCbUMWgTNQ

Well, times change, but I guess Reggie will have to wait for M to join him in Heaven to be forgiven by her anyway!

Everybody, Burning Up & Physical Attraction were dance club hits. 

Lucky Star / Holiday was where her Warner contract took off proper and it was the three aforementioned songs success that actually secured her long term record deal. They are all fundamental to her success. 

Even Madonna. com considers it a single.

Madonna's 1983 debut, produced by Reggie Lucas, collected some of her early 12" dance club hits ("Everybody" and "Burning Up/Physical Attraction") along with the soon-to-be smashes "Borderline," "Holiday" and "Lucky Star." "Everybody" was her first single out of the gate, hitting Billboard's Disco chart in late 1982. The track, produced by Mark Kamins, topped out at No. 3. The double-sided 12" "Burning Up/Physical Attraction" followed, and climbed to No. 3. Finally, in 1983, "Holiday" burst onto pop radio, and the single became her first top 40 hit, peaking at No. 16 on The Billboard Hot 100. It was followed by "Borderline" (No. 10) and "Lucky Star" (No. 4). The album climbed to No. 8 on The Billboard 200, spending a whopping 168 weeks on the chart. Madonna wrote five out of the eight songs on the album, which has now sold over five million copies in the U.S. alone.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every single song being mentioned here. Do we know if she is having background singers this time? I have no doubt she could turn out the verses of Rescue Me, but the chorus where she thought she was Aretha for 5 mins in 1990 is a little tricky now no? NRM is top 10 M for me, yet I never rewatch the one single live performance we have of it because the mic was on.

20,000 cigs screeching along to "and you'll always be my baaaybaaaaaaaaaaaaayggghh" is choicey. 

If everything is sent through the real time Stuart Price vocoder or we get "new live vocals" like Vogue on RIT, then forget my rambling and do the whole songbook.

1 minute ago, Pootz333 said:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every single song being mentioned here. Do we know if she is having background singers this time? I have no doubt she could turn out the verses of Rescue Me, but the chorus where she thought she was Aretha for 5 mins in 1990 is a little tricky now no? NRM is top 10 M for me, yet I never rewatch the one single live performance we have of it because the mic was on.

20,000 cigs screeching along to "and you'll always be my baaaybaaaaaaaaaaaaayggghh" is choicey. 

If everything is sent through the real time Stuart Price vocoder or we get "new live vocals" like Vogue on RIT, then forget my rambling and do the whole songbook.

Well, Vogue RIT Studio Version was clearly a newly rerecorded take by then. Thank Pleroma they didn't even to make a try of some lipsynch to it to sound more authentic to attendence's ears.

To sum up this question as a whole, shall we quote the father of modern English:

"To lipsynch or to not lipsynch, that is the question."

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, Vogue RIT Studio Version was clearly a newly rerecorded take by then. Thank Pleroma they didn't even to make a try of some lipsynch to it to sound more authentic to attendence's ears.

To sum up this question as a whole, shall we quote the father of modern English:

Yes that's my point. If we are getting "new live vocals" like RIT "Vogue" then I'm not so concerned. If it's all live...*blesses self and genuflects*

1 minute ago, Andymad said:

If she opens with a truly iconic hit, it very well may be lipped just to make the beginning of the show perfect.  It's a huge safety net if she's super nervous, and I'm okay with that.

This. But I think NRM won't be lipped (at max will feature a proeminent backing track - much likely tis exactly what's gonna happening). I don't think she'll repeat the failure of same key arrangement she did in '99.

Just now, Anapausis said:

I'm pretty sure it was a live vocal from the dress rehearsal that was then heavily polished. The plan was to sing Vogue live, as the dress rehearsals show.

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

PA was also included on FEL instead of CAC so she clearly likes it. And it was going to be performed on MDNA (as she said on the FB interview with Fallon).

https://youtu.be/v8aQquoKunY?si=qEm3kHxCbUMWgTNQ

59 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Hummmmmm, great question

Physical Attraction is on You Can Dance and Finally Enough love so ie can be considered as a single. As you mentioned, it's a greatest hits tour but with a few exceptions, so does Physical Attraction can be considered as a single considering the fact Madonna already rehearsed it for previous tour ? Absolutely !

53 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Everybody, Burning Up & Physical Attraction were dance club hits. 

Lucky Star / Holiday was where her Warner contract took off proper and it was the three aforementioned songs success that actually secured her long term record deal. They are all fundamental to her success. 

Even Madonna. com considers it a single.

Madonna's 1983 debut, produced by Reggie Lucas, collected some of her early 12" dance club hits ("Everybody" and "Burning Up/Physical Attraction") along with the soon-to-be smashes "Borderline," "Holiday" and "Lucky Star." "Everybody" was her first single out of the gate, hitting Billboard's Disco chart in late 1982. The track, produced by Mark Kamins, topped out at No. 3. The double-sided 12" "Burning Up/Physical Attraction" followed, and climbed to No. 3. Finally, in 1983, "Holiday" burst onto pop radio, and the single became her first top 40 hit, peaking at No. 16 on The Billboard Hot 100. It was followed by "Borderline" (No. 10) and "Lucky Star" (No. 4). The album climbed to No. 8 on The Billboard 200, spending a whopping 168 weeks on the chart. Madonna wrote five out of the eight songs on the album, which has now sold over five million copies in the U.S. alone.

I didn't know PA was included on FEL. Ok after reading all your comments i think she indeed considers PA as a single and i think there's a chance she performs it, especially since she has rehearsed it for several previous tours. I had also forgotten she had included it on YCD. 

15 minutes ago, scion said:

I'm pretty sure it was a live vocal from the dress rehearsal that was then heavily polished. The plan was to sing Vogue live, as the dress rehearsals show.

No wonder they weren't ahead with this.

2 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

What if one of the single she has never performed before and that is now included is GAMBLER ?? 

Virgin Tour says hi.