MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

Sorry guys for off topic, but not sure where else to ask... 

Since they have repressed MDNA just recently, do you expect albums as Hard Candy and Rebel Heart will be repressed anytime soon? 

I would love to have my Madonna vinyls collection complete, but I missed buying HC and RB vinyl when they were originally released (wasn't really buying vinyls at all back then). And now they are being sold for ridiculous prices on eBay or Discogs (even for 300$). I am not really a type of collector that needs to have every single release (the original pressing and repress as well), i just want to have each Madonna album on vinyl in my collection, so not sure if I should invest and buy it on eBay now or wait a little bit and there is a chance they are going to be repressed (I really referring to repressing, not some reissues of her 'landmark albums' by Warner later in the future). 

What do you all think? 

3 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Since they have repressed MDNA just recently, do you expect albums as Hard Candy and Rebel Heart will be repressed anytime soon? 

I would love to have my Madonna vinyls collection complete, but I missed buying HC and RB vinyl when they were originally released (wasn't really buying vinyls at all back then). And now they are being sold for ridiculous prices on eBay or Discogs (even for 300$). I am not really a type of collector that needs to have every single release (the original pressing and repress as well), i just want to have each Madonna album on vinyl in my collection, so not sure if I should invest and buy it on eBay now or wait a little bit and there is a chance they are going to be repressed (I really referring to repressing, not some reissues of her 'landmark albums' by Warner later in the future). 

What do you all think? 

Stop collecting vinyl.

You'll save a lot of money and happier in life.

Many of us couldn't turn back and would spend whatever shit they release (good or bad) at exorbitant price.

Have to worry about will I be able to get the limited edition etc.

Turn back while you still can!

4 hours ago, HC Charge said:

What do you all think? 

Rebel Heart has been consistently repressed and I’m sure it will again. So I would be patient. 
As for Hard Candy it depends what you want. I’m sure it will get repressed eventually but it’s unlikely it will be on splatter. It will probably be on plain colors. And I don’t think it will have the third disc and the cd. 
If you really want the original version I’m afraid you’re gonna have to look for a good deal on an original press

23 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Rebel Heart has been consistently repressed and I’m sure it will again. So I would be patient. 
As for Hard Candy it depends what you want. I’m sure it will get repressed eventually but it’s unlikely it will be on splatter. It will probably be on plain colors. And I don’t think it will have the third disc and the cd. 
If you really want the original version I’m afraid you’re gonna have to look for a good deal on an original press

Thanks for the info! :)

Honestly, I have started collecting vinyls only earlier this year, managed to collect each album from Madonna expect HC and RH (now just waiting for reissues from Warner), so wasn't really aware Rebel Heart has been constantly repressed since I could not find it anywhere at this moment. Just found a recent repress of MDNA and bought it instantly. 

Regarding Hard Candy, I am not that much interested in CD. I already have my copy on CD since 2008, so really just waiting for vinyl (simply fell in love with that format). I am more curious if there is even a chance that Warner will pay any attention to that album anytime soon (meaning in following 2-3 years). Regarding colors, I am not really a type of collector that need it in each color, so a standard repress on black 180g vinyl, maybe one color variation (pink?) would be fine for me. 

7 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Honestly, I have started collecting vinyls only earlier this year, managed to collect each album from Madonna expect HC and RH (now just waiting for reissues from Warner), so wasn't really aware Rebel Heart has been constantly repressed since I could not find it anywhere at this moment. Just found a recent repress of MDNA and bought it instantly. 

Regarding Hard Candy, I am not that much interested in CD. I already have my copy on CD since 2008, so really just waiting for vinyl (simply fell in love with that format). I am more curious if there is even a chance that Warner will pay any attention to that album anytime soon (meaning in following 2-3 years). Regarding colors, I am not really a type of collector that need it in each color, so a standard repress on black 180g vinyl, maybe one color variation (pink?) would be fine for me. 

You can try backorder:

https://www.merchbar.com/pop/madonna/rebel-heart-deluxe-dlx

https://www.fnac.com/a8032721/Madonna-Rebel-heart-LP-Vinyle-album#omnsearchpos=1

13 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Yeah, I was considering ordering it from merchbar, but I am kind of impatient person when I want some stuff, so seeing information "up to 8 weeks (September 2023)" really scares me. :) I'd rather wait till another repress and will pretend it is sold out until then. 

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

I started re-collecting vinyl last year.  I had stopped doing so after 1990's Keep It Together 12 Inch Maxi. While, Vinyl was seemingly harder and harder to purchase as time went on, I still wished I bought those early 90's 12 inches of Vogue, Rescue Me and Justify My Love.  But I was young, going with the flow of the CD revolution.  My first vinyl purchase since then was Hard Candy when it was first released. I am so happy I bought it.  In fact, I forgot I had even did as I just shelved it.  Then I packed it away when I moved and forgot all about it. It wasn't until earlier this year, I remember I had it.  I passed on Celebration VInyl, but then bought every Madonna after that on Vinyl.  Though, I never started playing them until late last year or this year. 

So glad I got Hard Candy when it was first released.  If you are able to find a copy, it's very expensive.  Though, I thought Rebel Heart is much easier to find?  Last time I checked, Amazon (U.S.) had copies. There a bit more expensive, but not anything like the price for Hard Candy currently.

17 hours ago, tscott said:

I started re-collecting vinyl last year.  I had stopped doing so after 1990's Keep It Together 12 Inch Maxi. While, Vinyl was seemingly harder and harder to purchase as time went on, I still wished I bought those early 90's 12 inches of Vogue, Rescue Me and Justify My Love.  But I was young, going with the flow of the CD revolution.  My first vinyl purchase since then was Hard Candy when it was first released. I am so happy I bought it.  In fact, I forgot I had even did as I just shelved it.  Then I packed it away when I moved and forgot all about it. It wasn't until earlier this year, I remember I had it.  I passed on Celebration VInyl, but then bought every Madonna after that on Vinyl.  Though, I never started playing them until late last year or this year. 

So glad I got Hard Candy when it was first released.  If you are able to find a copy, it's very expensive.  Though, I thought Rebel Heart is much easier to find?  Last time I checked, Amazon (U.S.) had copies. There a bit more expensive, but not anything like the price for Hard Candy currently.

Thanks for insight! :) a little bit also from my side... 

I guess I am slightly younger than you, so I missed the period in 80s when vinyls were being released.

I've only started adoring Madonna in 2000 when Music album was released and made me an ultimate fan (I was 13yo at that time). Vinyls were the thing of a past back then, so I've only started collecting CDs. I managed to collect, of course, all Madonna albums on CDs, most singles (some of them were gifted to me by a friend), DVDs/Blurays, few collectibles etc.

I noticed that vinyls became a thing again few years ago but honestly wasn't paying any attention to that. 

It wasn't until earlier this year I've got my first vinyl (FEL) and simply fell in love with the format. I have never been a huge fan of streaming - I am only doing so because it is more convenient while listening to music in car or bus - but holding an physical album in my hands is always a great experience for me. Moreover, I love 'big' formats and looking at covers and other pictures is something I really enjoy. So that's the main reason why I am completely adoring vinyls now. 

Actually, I even put all my CDs in the basement because I don't play them at all. When I am at home, I put on vinyl (I bought like 50 vinyls in the 3 months only, 'cause I simply got crazy about them) and when I am outside, I am either streaming or listening to music from my cell phone. Therefore, I want to collect all Madonna albums on vinyl, so I can listen HC and RB at home as well. 

Regarding Rebel Heart, it is not recently available at Amazon. I found a few people trying to sell it but for kind of ridiculous prices. Not that ridiculous as Hard Candy, but still completely overpriced. 

I guess with RB I will just wait, as @thegoldencalf mentioned, it is being constantly repressed, so I assume they will do another one pretty soon (in 1-2 years). Not sure about HC yet, I am kind of hesitant to invest and buy the original pressing, since I am really not interested in CD that is included with 2LPs, on the other hand, if it is not gonna be repressed anytime soon, I don't have any other option. I will probably  wait til the end of this year, waiting if Warner is going to announce some more specific info regarding reissues, and see if HC is part of that (I assume reissues will include LPs as well). If yes, I'll just wait for reissue, if not, I will get the original LP with CD from 2008 even for that ridiculous price just to have all Madonna albums available on vinyl at home. At least, that's the plan for now :)

Given the way the campaign seems to be focusing mainly on vinyl I would be very surprised if warners don’t reissue HC and RH in the future - just depends on how long you can wait ? I don’t get the appeal of vinyl personally ( I used to collect it in the 90s- but I prefer cd now ) but apparently I’m in the minority on that debate …

Warner will definitely reissue - at least on vinyl - the 10s albums as soon as they start getting them. The infamous 2021 press release said those three albums were part of the deal and will go into them "beginning in 2025", so I guess that means they'll get "MDNA" in 2025 and then the other two later...

If that is correct maybe the exclusive licensed for Interscope for each album was 13 years? Meaning they'd go into Warner:

- "MDNA": 2025

- "Rebel Heart": 2028

- "Madame X": 2032

Unless they all expire with Interscope at the same time or have different licensing durations for each of them.

22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Given the way the campaign seems to be focusing mainly on vinyl I would be very surprised if warners don’t reissue HC and RH in the future - just depends on how long you can wait ? I don’t get the appeal of vinyl personally ( I used to collect it in the 90s- but I prefer cd now ) but apparently I’m in the minority on that debate …

The vinyl has:

• A bigger cover.
  • Analog music (which sounds more natural).
  • Real music on the grooves (not 0s and 1s trying to reconstruct the music).
  • It degrades with every play, but it can last forever (CDs have an expiration date of 30 or 40 years).
  • A warmer sound.

Anyway, I still prefer a digital Hi-Res file, but I love the sound produced by a vinyl.

33 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Even if we get a CD,  they put it out in shitty cardboard covers.  :(

6 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Thanks for insight! :) a little bit also from my side... 

I guess I am slightly younger than you, so I missed the period in 80s when vinyls were being released.

I've only started adoring Madonna in 2000 when Music album was released and made me an ultimate fan (I was 13yo at that time). Vinyls were the thing of a past back then, so I've only started collecting CDs. I managed to collect, of course, all Madonna albums on CDs, most singles (some of them were gifted to me by a friend), DVDs/Blurays, few collectibles etc.

I noticed that vinyls became a thing again few years ago but honestly wasn't paying any attention to that. 

It wasn't until earlier this year I've got my first vinyl (FEL) and simply fell in love with the format. I have never been a huge fan of streaming - I am only doing so because it is more convenient while listening to music in car or bus - but holding an physical album in my hands is always a great experience for me. Moreover, I love 'big' formats and looking at covers and other pictures is something I really enjoy. So that's the main reason why I am completely adoring vinyls now. 

Actually, I even put all my CDs in the basement because I don't play them at all. When I am at home, I put on vinyl (I bought like 50 vinyls in the 3 months only, 'cause I simply got crazy about them) and when I am outside, I am either streaming or listening to music from my cell phone. Therefore, I want to collect all Madonna albums on vinyl, so I can listen HC and RB at home as well. 

Regarding Rebel Heart, it is not recently available at Amazon. I found a few people trying to sell it but for kind of ridiculous prices. Not that ridiculous as Hard Candy, but still completely overpriced. 

I guess with RB I will just wait, as @thegoldencalf mentioned, it is being constantly repressed, so I assume they will do another one pretty soon (in 1-2 years). Not sure about HC yet, I am kind of hesitant to invest and buy the original pressing, since I am really not interested in CD that is included with 2LPs, on the other hand, if it is not gonna be repressed anytime soon, I don't have any other option. I will probably  wait til the end of this year, waiting if Warner is going to announce some more specific info regarding reissues, and see if HC is part of that (I assume reissues will include LPs as well). If yes, I'll just wait for reissue, if not, I will get the original LP with CD from 2008 even for that ridiculous price just to have all Madonna albums available on vinyl at home. At least, that's the plan for now :)

I started late last year, buying a lot of vinyls. Since then I've accumulated about 75 different vinyls. A lot are Madonna vinyls, but I also have a lot from other artists as well.

Rebel Heart is expensive on Vinyl.  The lowest price I've seen at Amazon is around $120.00.  There is a collectible picture disc going for $109, but I"m not sure if the listing is correct on it, and it features the standard album cover image as the picture on the disc, but the b-sides are several of the bonus tracks from Super Deluxe version.  A-side has the standard five various tracks from the standard and deluxe version.

As for the Hard Candy, I have the Triple Vinyl edition.  The first two discs are the album and than the third is a couple mixes of 4 Minutes. The edition includes a CD of the album.  There's a used one going for more than $600 on (US) Amazon right now.   I paid $31.00 for a new copy back in 2008 which was pretty steep for Vinyl then. Though, I'm so glad I bought it.  When and if they re-issue Hard Candy, I have to wonder if it will include the third disc. 

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

There is a collectible picture disc going for $109, but I"m not sure if the listing is correct on it, and it features the standard album cover image as the picture on the disc, but the b-sides are several of the bonus tracks from Super Deluxe version.  A-side has the standard five various tracks from the standard and deluxe version.

That's not official. Only the 2 black vinyl 19-track Deluxe album was released in the US and Europe, this one:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/6755517-Madonna-Rebel-Heart

Just now, Prayer said:

That's not official. Only the 2 black vinyl 19-track Deluxe album was released in the US and Europe, this one:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/6755517-Madonna-Rebel-Heart

Yeah, I wondered if it was authentic.  I only recall (and own) the Deluxe version that was released on vinyl.  This one seemed a bit fishy.   

12 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yeah, I wondered if it was authentic.  I only recall (and own) the Deluxe version that was released on vinyl.  This one seemed a bit fishy.   

The picture disc mention reminded me of this concept:

rebel+picture+disc.png

Fan-made and impossible to fit some many tracks on each side of a vinyl but a cool one. It was made by someone in late December 2014/early January 2015, when the Deluxe cover and the 6-tracks advance were released and then a second bunch of demos were leaked. Wild times. There wasn't yet a final tracklist announced, only the 6 first songs.

But always loved this "Rebel Heart" picture disc mock-up.

19 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The picture disc mention reminded me of this concept:

rebel+picture+disc.png

Fan-made and impossible to fit some many tracks on each side of a vinyl but a cool one. It was made by someone in late December 2014/early January 2015, when the Deluxe cover and the 6-tracks advance were released and then a second bunch of demos were leaked. Wild times. There wasn't yet a final tracklist announced, only the 6 first songs.

But always loved this "Rebel Heart" picture disc mock-up.

LOL, and it doesn't even include the title track (which ironically so didn't the official standard edition).  I also see they included a couple bonus tracks including "Addicted" but under the initial title "The One That Got Away".  LOL!

It's a cool mock up for a picture disc though. :)

EDIT: I see Rebel Heart squeezed in there at track #7.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

LOL, and it doesn't even include the title track (which ironically so didn't the official standard edition).  I also see they included a couple bonus tracks including "Addicted" but under the initial title "The One That Got Away".  LOL!

It's a cool mock up for a picture disc though. :)

"Rebel Heart" was track number 7 there!

I remember back then we were all making our own 19-track bets with the 40? tracks leaked xd Guess the person who did it just picked their faves.

And yeah, "Rebel Heart" being left as a bonus track for the Deluxe was... surprising. She really did that song dirty.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Rebel Heart" was track number 7 there!

I remember back then we were all making our own 19-track bets with the 40? tracks leaked xd Guess the person who did it just picked their faves.

And yeah, "Rebel Heart" being left as a bonus track for the Deluxe was... surprising. She really did that song dirty.

Oh it is!  LOL!  I totally missed it.  Thanks.  I agree leaving it off the standard was crazy.  It's one of my favs from that album and I would think she would want to include the title track as it is the theme of the album as well.