One month to go: a few questions about the Celebration Tour

stefo

One month to go: a few questions about the Celebration tour   

104 members voted

1. 1. Wich of these minor singles/hits would you like her to perform?

• Brderline
    • Lucky star
    • Dress you up
    • True Blue
    • Who's that girl
    • Causing a commotion
    • Cherish
    • Deeper and deeper
    • Bad girl
    • Rain
    • Secret
    • Human nature
    • The power of goodbye
    • Nothing really matters
    • Die another day
    • American Life
    • Sorry
    • Give it 2 me
    • Girl gone wild
    • Bitch I'm Madonna
  2. 2. Wich criterion would you prefer for the show/set list to be based on?

• Chronological order
    • Thematic order (political, acoustic/crowd interaction, dance, latin, spiritual, '30s)
    • Very creative, unexpected and revisiting
  3. 3. What do you expect to be the spirit, the angle of the show?

• Celebrating her iconic status mostly by dancing and having fun
    • Celebrating by telling her character, in all her complexity, revisiting the musical and image catalogue

We're almost there, after about 4 years M is coming back to the scene, even if for the first time without (apparently) a new album.

I'm starting to feel the excitement and the curiosity, so I shared the three points I'm more interested about at the moment to get your ideas and feelings too.

About the first question (I forgot to specify it sorry) try to chose not more than 4, 5 songs 

13 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I NEED her to perform Secret 

She did Secret in LA on the night I saw Rebel Heart.  Which was funny as that single dropped the week I up and moved to LA — meaning I listened to it endlessly as I drove across two thousand miles across country… At any rate, I always so associate it with my arrival in LA.  So that night when she did it for the first time on the tour… it seemed very fitting.  And she sounded great.  

14 hours ago, MPowered said:

I’m a bit confused by the selection of "minor hits" but voted:

- Nothing Really Matters

- The Power of Good-Bye

- Bad Girl

- Secret

- Cherish

- Lucky Star

Thank you for voting first of all :cute: I can see why you say that. For the polls, we have a maximum of three questions, the first one I cut off was about the huge hits we would like her to include in the setlist.

About my definition of minor, I chose songs wich had a particular place in her catalogue in terms of sales, not being at the level of Hung Up, Music, Vogue or Like a Prayer for example. If I had the chance to make the question about the hits, Cherish, Lucky Star or Secret (wich had good sales but I don't think are remembered by many today, unfortunately) would have been there and I could have included tracks I love (and really hope to see performed) like Living for Love, Bedtime Story, Crave (the album version) or Love Profusion in this "minors" selection.

On 6/19/2023 at 6:59 PM, madgefan said:

She's done Secret in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the most voted.

We deserve a proper release of the Secret RHT version, by the way, wich was fire to me, with the keybords syncopated harmonies during the second half. I just would have liked (as for the majority of her live arrangements since the Sticky and sweet tour) more presence and interaction with the backing vocals.

Ok, more than a hundred voters and the situation is the following.

We hope for a very creative, unexpected and revisiting structure for the show,

Celebrating her musical and image legacy by telling her character, in all the complexity (and not just the fun and dance attitude)

Including at least (in order of appreciation):

1. NOTHING REALLY MATTERS
  2. BAD GIRL
  3. CAUSING A COMMOTION
  4. THE POWER OF GOODBYE
  5. RAIN

(extra special mention for Secret, Sorry and Lucky star)

Thanks to all the people who voted and still wants to. In case we should reach the 150 votes I will update about the results :cute: