SWEPT AWAY ON NETFLIX UK THIS FRI

animalinstinct

We won! 😂

Finally Enough ‘Madonna Movie’ Love.
‘Swept Away’ is going to premiere on UK Netflix this Friday. 

Don’t forget to stream and take it to the top ten in the Netflix Charts. There’s so many shit movies on here, it might make people give it a chance. 

IMG_0243.jpeg

Best Scene of the movie...

aFYjWT.gif

The first part before the characters were stranded,  Madonna's acting was just horrific and ridiculously over the top.  She was much more tolerable once they were stranded. 

Another good scene with Madonna was when she was in the Helicopter crying.  She was convincingly distraught in that scene.

4jRo.gif

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s actually really funny film. Of course it was never going to be well received - I would say after wtg , DSS and the next best thing it’s my fave m film - great soundtrack and stunning cinematography too - give it a chance people 😊 quite romantic too in some scenes 

Just finished watching this movie. I made up my mind in advance that I am not watching a "MADONNA" movie. tbh it worked, and I had a great time watching this movie.  I got emotional and cried a little bit ngl. 

I did like the movie when I saw it years ago. 

it isn’t as bad as people want the movie to be. 

Its a fun harmless movie that if it wasn’t because Madonna’s name was attached to it people would have seen it on a Sunday afternoon without preconceived notions 

9 hours ago, Celebration said:

How awful.

Why couldn't they have chosen a better one with her? Dangerous Game, Dick Tracy, A League Of Their Own...

To be fair, these movies and other Madonna movies are licensed to other streaming services.  And I do believe A League of Their Own is available on Netflix among a few other of her movies.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:37 AM, McDonna said:

To be fair, these movies and other Madonna movies are licensed to other streaming services.  And I do believe A League of Their Own is available on Netflix among a few other of her movies.

Not in the UK it’s not. This is the only M movie on Netflix…so far. 

i dont get the hate for the next best thing either ? shes very natural and loose in that film and it has a great premise, supporting cast and a sweet ending ?? i know people who dont even like M and they think swept away and TNBT are good movies(not masterpieces) but i would rather watch them than any of the dc/marvel/disney CGI remakes borefests....

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

i dont get the hate for the next best thing either ? shes very natural and loose in that film and it has a great premise, supporting cast and a sweet ending ?? i know people who dont even like M and they think swept away and TNBT are good movies(not masterpieces) but i would rather watch them than any of the dc/marvel/disney CGI remakes borefests....

Yeah, I know a many of non-fans who actually liked The Next Best Thing.  You're right not a "masterpiece", but some I know felt it was like a decent "Lifetime Network Movie".  I personally enjoyed the film myself.  She's acted far worse, but in TNBT, I always felt the production (especially the lighting) was awkward.  The story and plot is far more entertaining than Shanghai Surprise.  I actually enjoyed the story more than Desperately Seeking Susan's.

TNBT is an awfully written movie and she is bad in it in my opinion. Right from the top I knew we were going to be in for a ride when her character says “He is leeeeeeaving me”. And the final act just fell completely flat. At least Lifetime movies deliver on the smaltz. 
Oh well, glad people who enjoy SA can now check it out on Netflix. I’m not one of them :lol: