The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

Oh my god, I love the 'set list'! I listened and watched the entire show from start to finish, the first night and my only objection is that it lost 8 minutes before starting 'Open Your Heart', and previously the only song I didn't like was 'Burning Up'. It was very strange listening to the Mash up of 'La isla bonito / Don't cry for me Argentina', I feel like 'Like a Virgin / BJ' is not mixed well. Everything else is incredible, all the other songs in execution are perfect, it stays in my mind on a loop, the version of 'Vogue', erotic, the intro of 'bad girl' + 'Bad Girl, I have no words, for him true fan there are no words. I need you to come to Buenos Aires - Argentina, any news? :Madonna057:

39 minutes ago, MPowered said:

You really need to stop being so god damn aggressive towards people criticizing the show. They have every right to say how they feel about it.

Please consider that this is a forum where people are free to voice their opinions and have a discussion.

The post ended with "LOL", then you started cursing in your response.

This constant need some people have to be overly positive is a bit annoying. Just because we criticize something doesn't mean we're not glad to see her onstage again or proud of her recovery. If there are flaws or things we disagree on, let us talk about it. Fans are here to disturb the peace!

7 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

It just annoys me since the tour started the forums have consisted of people constantly moaning that it doesn't contain this and that, or they think the show isn't finished and that there are songs she's keeping back because of the curfew, they are just setting themselves up for disappointment. If you want to hear Music you have every tour since drowned world to listen to that minus Madame X of course. I even read a comment on a forum they weren't happy Hold Tight wasn't in the setlist it's like come on :Madonna034:

That's why I try hard to not to have "expectations". Then again, while every tour has been different and some have definitely better than others, I still think they all have been pretty damn perfect.  I totally get what she's done here.  Of course, there is always room for improvement, but this tour is pretty tight.  Nothing really seems out of place for me.  Everything seems to flow like it should.  Some say "Mother and Father" can go, but even that makes sense to what she's trying to convey with her journey here.  Her mother plays a huge role in who she has become.  It's possible she could have chosen another song about her mother, but I suspect she wanted to include her dad as well int this which again he plays a role in how she's become an entertainer and her work ethic.  Besides, she sounds really good singing it this time around. 

But I think we always predicted there are always going to be those who will be disappointed and want something different.  That's just life.  Everyone is entitled to their say, and I welcome that.  But at the same time, we have the right to challenge those views and have a civil discourse. :)

6 minutes ago, missberic said:

This constant need some people have to be overly positive is a bit annoying. Just because we criticize something doesn't mean we're not glad to see her onstage again or proud of her recovery. If there are flaws or things we disagree on, let us talk about it. Fans are here to disturb the peace!

This! If we truly look up to her as an artist and not just a pop music singer, then it’s fair game to critique the art.

Just now, missberic said:

yes but then it gets to the point where it's a constant moan and it brings the vibe down for the people that are enjoying. Are there songs missing that I like YES, but i'm not going to continually whinge on about how unhappy I am and then p1ss on everyone's chips NO.

I think the forum(s) have become a  place for people to continually post their negativity on Madonna and dress it up as constructive criticism or wanting the best for her career. I don't care if the general public want to hear Music or Material Girl, I've followed Madonna for 30 plus years been there with hits and been there with flops, she doesn't owe me anything and she doesn't owe your Karen's or John's who have listened to the Immaculate collection or went to see Confessions Tour because they loved Hung up or Sorry.

The tour was never advertised as a greatest hits show it was a celebration of a 4 decade career and if it means I get to hear Bad Girl or Rain over what your Karen;s and John's choice of songs then their opinion of how she's ending her career is completely invalid to me.

I hope the tour setlist continues to the very end.

The set she uses for BS is so impressive, HU in that stage could have been a better follow up than where’s right now

But what do I know I’m a 9 to 5 employee and not the world greatest star and her creative team

Never been a fan o flying pop stars so I have to see the show live 

Right now I think it’s fantastic 

3 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

yes but then it gets to the point where it's a constant moan and it brings the vibe down for the people that are enjoying. Are there songs missing that I like YES, but i'm not going to continually whinge on about how unhappy I am and then p1ss on everyone's chips NO.

I think the forum(s) have become a  place for people to continually post their negativity on Madonna and dress it up as constructive criticism or wanting the best for her career. I don't care if the general public want to hear Music or Material Girl, I've followed Madonna for 30 plus years been there with hits and been there with flops, she doesn't owe me anything and she doesn't owe your Karen's or John's who have listened to the Immaculate collection or went to see Confessions Tour because they loved Hung up or Sorry.

The tour was never advertised as a greatest hits show it was a celebration of a 4 decade career and if it means I get to hear Bad Girl or Rain over what your Karen;s and John's choice of songs then their opinion of how she's ending her career is completely invalid to me.

I hope the tour setlist continues to the very end.

Are we starting this narrative again? It was advertised as a greatest hits tour. She’s dared to do her greatest hits in the announcement video and the video description says she’s doing the greatest hits. Couldn’t be more crystal clear lol

3 minutes ago, Winn said:

People need to stop complaining about the setlist  and start complaining about the lack of newly shot video backdrops. Where's the Paradise Not For Me and Future Lovers of this tour?? Instead we get recycled Beast Within. Argh.

We also got recycled GGW intro for the 5th time and the Gun Control Step-Dance. I thought she doesnt like to repeat herself? 

everybody said that MDNA album and Tour were rushed together but holy moly the effort they put in Mdna tour is beyond everything she did afterwards. big superbowl budget?

2 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

We also got recycled GGW intro for the 5th time and the Gun Control Step-Dance. I thought she doesnt like to repeat herself? 

everybody said that MDNA album and Tour were rushed together but holy moly the effort they put in Mdna tour is beyond everything she did afterwards. big superbowl budget?

I know no one is ready for this conversation, but the MDNA Tour is her crowning achievement in live performance.

10 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Are we starting this narrative again? It was advertised as a greatest hits tour. She’s dared to do her greatest hits in the announcement video and the video description says she’s doing the greatest hits. Couldn’t be more crystal clear lol

I could swore when I went on the weekend there were greatest hits in there I must have missed it, like I said in my previous post there are songs that are missing that I would have liked which are considered a greatest hit but I'm not going to continually moan about it as it's not going to change end of. If anyone is unhappy about the choice of setlist and haven't been yet you're not obliged to go you could just sell your ticket? it would then eliminate any stress and disappointment surely.

1 minute ago, MattyMads said:

I could swore when I went on the weekend there were greatest hits in there I must have missed it, like I said in my previous post there are songs that are missing that I would have liked which are considered a greatest hit but I'm not going to continually moan about it as it's not going to change end of. If anyone is unhappy about the choice of setlist and hasn't been yet you're not obliged to go you could just sell your ticket? it would then eliminate any stress and disappointment surely.

Well then I guess MDNA, Rebel Heart, Sticky and Sweet…hell, even Madame X…are greatest hits shows by that definition!

Loved premiere so much that i made the biggest impulse buy of my life and went again on Tuesday, unfortunately Live to Tell and the Beast Within interlude were both ruined by drunk women having full on conversations in and above my row. I snapped during TBW and told the 2 on the left of me to shut up :angry: never done that in my life,  hopefully helpful for others who were too scared to say something! Sooo disrespectful to her amazing dancers and to the art/story element that goes into the show... that's the advantage of DVD version though, and rest assured will rewatch when it comes out!

This was my first ever Madonna tour and it's been phenomenal!!  I'm so grateful to have heard Bedtime Story performed live for the 1st time in nearly 30 years, and this ver of Erotica was my favourite she's ever done - perfect mix of Girlie Show and Confessions and incredible with the synchronised lighting.  Did sadly have an obstructed view at the premiere because of the lowered screens (couldn't see stuff on the round stage at the back) so hoping they sort this out.  Was dead centre tonight though which was fantastic 

I'm sorry, I get that Karen who liked Madonna in the 80s might miss Cherish and Borderline, but a FAN complaining about the setlist is beyond me.

We have amazing songs that she rarely plays in great versions and here you are missing Material Girl and Music for the tenth time. For real? 

By the way, all the songs except Everybody, Mother & Father and Bitch I'm Madonna were top 10 hits across Europe. It's not like she's singing Paradise, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Cyberraga.