Montreal, Canada - OPENING NIGHT!!!

groovyguy

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://instagram.com/madonna/

"An Iconic moment with my Warriors! Thank you Montreal! â¤â€ª#‎rebelhearttour‬" -Madonna

Posted Image

"Montreal you had me down on my knee's! Thank you a memorable night!⤠‪#‎rebelhearttour‬" -Madonna

Posted Image

"I will rise above cause its my fate...........ICONIC 

⤠‪#‎rebelhearttour‬Montreal

" -Madonna

Posted Image

"Thanks to all my Rebel Heart Fans 

â¤â— I felt your love! â¤

‪#‎rebelhearttour‬" -Madonna

Posted Image

"Shining like Illuminati...............in Montreal! Epic! 

â¤

â€ª#‎rebelhearttour‬" -Madonna

Posted Image

"Thank you to all my

⤠#rebelheartfans for the beautiful art work you created behind me! So special!â¤

#rebelhearttour" -Madonna

Posted Image

"This Unapologetic Bitch loves you Montreal! 

â¤

Posted Image

"Highlight of the Night! La Vie en Rose

â¤â€¼ Je t'aime pour toujours Montreal. â¤

Posted Image

"Music makes the people come together! 

. YEAH!!! Opening Night â¤

#rebelhearttour...........Montreal" -Madonna

Posted Image

Boring hairstyle for the first section. S&S teas.

I have mixed feelings. There are so many great parts, but there are so many part that seems...not bad, but very casual and simple. Random songs order... I expected more from certain sections.

In general, it didn't wow me. I felt many stuff were recycled (song versions, performances). Even Madonna's dancing was weird and casual.

On the other hand, Everybody and Lucky Star were a nice surprise.  WTG is great. I like the arrangement of Holiday and choreography for Deeper and Deeper.

Some people announced it as Madonna's biggest tour, but IMO, it isn't perfectly executed and needed more thinking. Even fan made setlists were more interesting.

Boring hairstyle for the first section. S&S teas.I have mixed feelings. There are so many great parts, but there are so many part that seems...not bad, but very casual and simple. Random songs order... I expected more from certain sections.In general, it didn't wow me. I felt many stuff were recycled (song versions, performances). Even Madonna's dancing was weird and casual.On the other hand, Everybody and Lucky Star were a nice surprise. WTG is great. I like the arrangement of Holiday and choreography for Deeper and Deeper.Some people announced it as Madonna's biggest tour, but IMO, it isn't perfectly executed and needed more thinking. Even fan made setlists were more interesting.

Literally how I feel about this tour. It was overhyped imo. It's rather low key and seems kinda idk how to describe it. It really seems as if she assembled this setlist last minute and didn't have enough time to rehearse, remix and film everything.

But why??????????

To say something like that you gotta have good arguments, right?

There is nothing wow (I mean vids which I have seen so far). La Isla Bonita seems to be the most boring performance of all performances with this song. Living for love has the remix ugh... Also to me there is too much guitar.

But to be positive - vocals and her looks are on point.

Ok I watched a lot of vids now and I went back to read my early feelings from last night. Basically I'm in the same mood, I just had the chance to clarify my perceptions. And that's what it is for me...

It's not bad, no SHAME moments like the Majorette thing, but honestly it all looked like routine and not so much more. I didn't see any new idea or that kind of passion about something she used to comunicate in the past. There was not braveness in orchestrations, themes, videos, coreos. It was a big party for not die-hard fans, very spectacular, but something was missing... and something big for me (sorry).

I'm fine with her not dancing so much anymore, also with this less storyline and more musical concert apporach, but the setlist becomes essential then. And especially the way she reinterprets her classics.

Anyway, my favoutite section was the 4th, especially Material Girl: that was a proper one, her best rendition.

And I loved La Vie en Rose as much as True Blue: LOVELY MOMENTS!

I hate the song, but Bitch I'm Madonna looked kinda original and cool too, call it the "Revolver effect" :) .

Last note: my heart stopped when she sang "You abandoned me...", I felt the M factor in that moment, but -again- it didn't happen so often unfortunately.

I think it will be appreciated especially by the press and the GP anyway. 

From what I've seen up to now, it has the same structure that every M tour since DWT onwards. I thought it was going to be a creative breakthrough but it's just deja-vu, repetitive, old hat (a latin section with seated dancers... AGAIN? Like a virgin... AGAIN?) Nevertheless I think the Iconic video is awesome and, of course, I have yet to see it the full concert

Archived