Madonna hated director Matthew Rolston with a passion

2 hours ago, Donna said:

I don't know. He seemed to be genuinely sharing how he feels here in the video and I don't get any impression of animosity or dislike from his response.  Then again, at the time of this airing, it was to promote a new video they did together, so neither are going to be taking pot shots at each other.  Obviously, they are being quite professional!  I just don't buy she hired him again, to "torture him" as mentioned in the article of the first post in this thread. Why would she hire someone she didn't like or possibly trust for what turned out to be a cinematic and beautiful video. Despite her issues with him prior, I'm sure she knew she could get something out of him for this particular video for this song.  :)

I've always defiantly saw Madonna more as a bad girl or goes at her own drum versus say a mean girl.  I don't see her either as someone who would enjoy torturing someone at work or making them want to cry like that article eluded.  

But I can believe though that they didn't really get along and he was intimidated by her.  

8 hours ago, Donna said:

I don't know. He seemed to be genuinely sharing how he feels here in the video and I don't get any impression of animosity or dislike from his response.  Then again, at the time of this airing, it was to promote a new video they did together, so neither are going to be taking pot shots at each other.  Obviously, they are being quite professional!  I just don't buy she hired him again, to "torture him" as mentioned in the article of the first post in this thread. Why would she hire someone she didn't like or possibly trust for what turned out to be a cinematic and beautiful video. Despite her issues with him prior, I'm sure she knew she could get something out of him for this particular video for this song.  :)

Maybe she was talked into working with him by her team/label. She probably did “torture him,” but only in her quest to get the video done according to her vision. I can’t picture her being mean just for the sake of it, she has never been like that.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Maybe she was talked into working with him by her team/label. She probably did “torture him,” but only in her quest to get the video done according to her vision. I can’t picture her being mean just for the sake of it, she has never been like that.

totally agreeing with you!